Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

tss1970

Oct 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - November 2006

bandcamp said:
So if you dive to gain advantage over your opponent...what's up with the feigned injury after? Is that for dramatic flair? Either you drew the foul on the dive or you didn't so if you're not hurt - why have a cry? Is it so next time the ref will buy it again?

Of all the crap that goes on on a soccer field (spitting, shirt pulling etc) it's the diving that makes our sport the laughing stock of all people not connected to our game. Have you ever spoken about soccer to a non-fan? Inevitably the conversation always goes to "what's up with the diving and rolling around like your dead thing?" So congratulations to you for using it to get an advantage...keep up the good work :confused:

Have to agree with bandcamp on this one. His team is the only team in our division that didn't dive, grab shirts and fake injuries. There are different ways of putting people off their game (just ask the french and Zidane). RFC was roasted (and rightfully so) for a game against DPR. Our yapping off the yeild took away from our own palyers. Your diving will catch up to you also. Diving takes away from the game and gives people reason not to watch it. I watched the videos you sent and the funny thing was that 90% of the divers were Italian, French or Potugese.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Norvan JB's 3 - Zawisza 1
Not a bad night for soccer. The rain held off for the most part. We started the game without our regular keeper and an empty bench. It looked like Zawisza was missing a few players as well. The turf was super slick and both teams had trouble at times getting through 3 consecutive passes at times. First goal came just before the half on a nice over the shoulder ball to a one time volley that slipped under the keep. 2nd and third came off nice work passing to the outside and back in. We should have had a couple of more and Zawisza could have had one or two(you now how div2 soccer goes).

On another note, in Div 2 alone there are already 36 games postponed. Overall the league is 122 games behind(not including Masters). There was some mention by the league that they would be looking into re-scheduling to any turf venue and during the week but nothing with official dates/times/field has been released yet.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought your team moved the ball very well, Bonefish YOu have a couple of dangerous strikers up front too, particularly the big number 10. A well deserved 3 points.

HAGI

Nov 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

DevilsDisciple said:
To my fellow Group C Football Players and Teams.

Please make note of the previous quote from Romania as a slap in the face.

"HAGI, stop wasting your time here, lets go and post in the div 1 thread"

I will be printing this quote out and "making copies". They will be posted on the back of each GD player during practice. If your in Group C and want to play the role of spoiler or if your in the run for promotion take that comment to heart.

We are used to compete and everybody in Div 2C wants to win against the best ones, anyway. Whether that’s Romania, Devils, JB or any other team, it doesn’t matter. We didn’t have easy games this season, and probably we won’t until the end of it. Don’t be surprised if you still loose points along the way, you are part of the same category. Anyway, your cry for help tells me that you are really scared about your promotion chances. And I’m not saying that you shouldn’t. :wa:
Help them guys…… these lads can’t help themselves!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The weather looks like it will preclude any grass games this upcoming weekend. Below are the games scheduled for Turf which should get played.

2A
  1. IFC Polonia PCOV "A": Polonia by 2
  2. City FC Cobras Kosova SC: Kosova by 4
2B
  1. Primo FC "A" Nomads FC "A": Primos by 2
2C
  1. City FC Rangers "A" FC Romania: City by 1
  2. Norvan JB's C-Men United: Norvan by 2

The top 3 teams in all of Div 2 put their shiny, perfect records on the line. Of all 3, Romania looks to be in the most jeopardy.

DevilsDisciple

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought the Romanians were posting in the Division 1 thread.

Good luck on Friday!

"HAGI, stop wasting your time here, lets go and post in the div 1 thread"

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Doing a sniper check on all the various houses and areas tommorrow before the game. :D

The referee could have a pretty big impact on the outcome of the game tommorrow depending on what he calls and doesn't call. Hopefully it is someone who will let both teams play.

Hopefully the weather can be a little better than it has been in the past. Or if it is going to rain at least not be windy as well. Should be a pretty good game as we feel we sort of let oursleves down with our awful start to the year which cost us our preseason aim of contending for promotion back to Div 1 .

Gigi_Becali

Oct 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

BlazeArmy, the snipers on duty tomorrow night are our strikers so watch out :D as for the ref we are not that concerned.
Bonefish how many times you had wrong predictions for our games… my prediction for your game is Norvan – C-men 0 – 0 :)

Irriducibili!!!!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gigi_Becali said:
BlazeArmy, the snipers on duty tomorrow night are our strikers so watch out :D as for the ref we are not that concerned.
Nor am I.

Should be a good one. See you tommorrow.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gigi_Becali said:
Bonefish how many times you had wrong predictions for our games…
In some cases my predictions are influenced by my wishful thinking. :cool: Good luck tomorrow night.

Blaze and Co,

Romania does have some quality finishers who are not afraid to take shots from 30. Make sure the Big D, close down their checks in your final third of the field.

Good Luck.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers

Our d is not that big, it is our midfield that is gigantic. :D Unfortunately DITH is in Arizona for the winter so we will miss him. Bastard :mad: Nice weather he is missing.

We saw how well they finished last time. In the wind we seem to get, shooting from 30 yards out may not make it to the goalline. :D

It was a nice game to watch but i didn't like result all that much, hopefully this time is better.

also the ref last time was a bit of a wanker, made the linesmen switch which side of the field they lined at halftime. Never seen that before or since.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
The top 3 teams in all of Div 2 put their shiny, perfect records on the line. Of all 3, Romania looks to be in the most jeopardy.

Well I don't know about the other 2 games but Polonia's perfect season ended tonight in a hard fought 1-1 tie with PCOV. We could have even taken the 3 points as we had a glorious chance in the 2nd but our guy fired wide with only the keeper to beat in close. Also their goal came off a rebound which handcuffed our keeper. Oh well a tie isn't bad considering the circumstances on the night.

Bonefish go back to predicting the weather. You seem to be better at that.:D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Romania is still unbeaten. 5-2 them last night.

Report later. So hungover, so unhappy i'm at work. my head, the humanity.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

termatofylakas said:
Bonefish go back to predicting the weather. You seem to be better at that.:D
I think Rodney Dangerfield put it the best "I don't get no respect"... Your a mean termite/tomato-flake... Good work to get the result.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Bonefish,

Is the Monday night game possibly going to be played? Just wondering what your thoughts are.

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like Romania is too good this year for 2C; whipping good teams like JB's and City by 3 goals is impressive. I just hope that whoever does promote in any division, it is self-deserved. I find it hard to take this league seriously when it chooses not to employ linesemen. By choosing not to monitor the usually most important plays of the game -offsides- is indicative of a garbage league..... It's frustrating to the point of comical to see a hard-fought game between 2 good teams with 3 or 4 breakaways called offside when it's not, and the winning goal is a missed offside. It's just as important to bring a rabbit's foot along with your kit in order to have a chance to win. But dare wear the wrong colored sock, and a $10 fine goes to the league I suppose to compensate for Azzi's time spent sending out emails of updated division standings that are already on the website....

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

the 5th back said:
Hey Bonefish,

Is the Monday night game possibly going to be played? Just wondering what your thoughts are.
Monday night is almost certainly a no-go given the snow thats on the field and the -2 that is forecasted for tomorrow. The snow will not get a chance to melt.

W.

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

polonia 1-1 pcov

pretty good match on fri. night. fairly even in the first half; we had a little more control and scored off of a rebound about 30 in. pcov took it to us good in the second, and scored after a bad clearing attempt on a free kick. we pressured for the last 15 but couldn't manage to put one in. we didn't play our best game of the year, but pcov was full marks on the night. we were a little lucky to actually get away with a point. pcov is a lot stronger than the last time we played them, and will have a really good chance of beating the other top teams. best of luck to them the rest of the season. it would have been nice to go undefeated this year, but promotion is what we're concerened about and we're still in first, so that's all that matters. anyone know what they're going to do about all the missed games? 4 weeks of cancellations means a lot of games to be made up. doesn't look promising for this weekend either.

bukkakemon

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After tonight's tough match at Confederation Turf there is now only one undefeated team in all of Div 2.
Romania played decent and came close but were shutout on what turned out to be a good night for soccer. The turf was in great shape and there just a slight north south breeze to content with and no precipitation. Both teams played tight in the final third but chances did present themselves. Romania's snipers had some dangerous long range shots that sailed high and Norvan had some opportunites on corners and some crosses that just need a bounce and some finish. The referee did well to ignore some of the antics on the field and for the most part it was just one player on Romania who would do well on a women's gymnastic team with his floor work. There were a few cards and some offsides that could have been called different. One play that tested Norvan's spirit was a ball that was cleared out from behind the Romainian goaline. The ref was not in a position to see it and did not make the call. The Romainian keeper made more than a few fine saves, one at point blank on a partial breakaway. The winning goal came at 80min after some work down the wing and back in the middle where our sweeper made a huge run collected and fired a low shot that eluded the goalie. Romania had some half chances at the other end but the whistle ended with Norvan taking the 3pts and regainging some team pride after dropping a 3-1 result in the first leg. Nice way to go into the break but Santa will have to come up big with something to erase our loss to the GDevils and the Latte Boyz. Romania have a good side and promotion is theirs to lose.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good call on the game Bonefish. I thought our D did a great job of limiting the chances for Romania. There was alot less diving than our first match. Although #9 was very entertaining. He should have concentrated harder at scoring rather than dropping to the turf in angony anytime the wind picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0