Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - November 2006

evergreen said:
I find it hard to take this league seriously when it chooses not to employ linesemen. By choosing not to monitor the usually most important plays of the game -offsides- is indicative of a garbage league..... It's frustrating to the point of comical to see a hard-fought game between 2 good teams with 3 or 4 breakaways called offside when it's not, and the winning goal is a missed offside. It's just as important to bring a rabbit's foot along with your kit in order to have a chance to win. But dare wear the wrong colored sock, and a $10 fine goes to the league I suppose to compensate for Azzi's time spent sending out emails of updated division standings that are already on the website....
You have a long way to go before you get linesmen, my friend... My team, Delta Metro United/City FC Blaze, came from FVSL premier to VMSL Div 1 in hopes to earn promotion to VMSL premier. Even in div 1, there are no linesmen... and it is also very frustrating, and really it is unfair to the ref. It is nearly impossible for an official to accurately call offsides when they are in the middle of the pitch. One ref, i agree with is alikira aka Captain Shamrock... who says to both teams during the cleat/card check, "if it is close, i am going to call it ONSIDE". Both teams are prepared for the way it will be called.

It makes me laugh when teams employ the offside trap, too... you just know they are going to get burned at least once per game by a missed call from not having linesmen...

DevilsDisciple

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Sixfyv, we prefer that evergreen...

STAY IN!!!

To give you a little background on evergreen, he scored two goals on the so called Blaze in Kamloops a few years back and there was linesmen. To give you an overview of a lot teams in the VMSL the players are not from Vancouver. That might come to shock to sixfyv, but most players have played with linesmen growing up. There is no reason, none that shouldn't be overcome, why there shouldn't be linesmen at the games. I guarantee with a new president, there will be linesmen and a new website to take us past 1996. My opinion and the opinion of others is that a slower less skillful team benefits with no linesmen. There nothing like an old ref looking over his shoulder when the ball passed him a few seconds ago to call offside. It really takes away from the game.

And Sixfyv why don't you just STAAAYYYY OOOOUUUT of our thread!

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DevilsDisciple said:
And Sixfyv why don't you just STAAAYYYY OOOOUUUT of our thread!

Hey Jackass......we're just providing some insight from our experience in Div 1. Back in the FVSL we were privledged with linesman and it's been a learning curve for us to be playing without this year. So if you're so fortunate to be promoted don't be expecting any linesman next year either.......:D

Make you a deal......we'll stay out of your thread but you stay down in your Div 2;)

4ST OUT!!!:bronco: :bronco:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit territorial, are we fellas?

I didn't detect the scent of your urine when i clicked on this thread... my bad. Woof!

I agree with you guys... linesmen are needed... especially with our style of play since we (except me...) are young and fast. I cannot tell you how many times we have had breakaways blown offside when it is not justified.

From what i have seen, the league is being run for the benefit of the Premier teams... and the other divisions are considered "development" or "recreation".

I just don't think it (linesmen in the lower levels) will happen, that's all.

backtothediv1threadwherenooneisposting...

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Double D, were you drunk again when you posted? although thanks for remembering those 2 beauties I scored in that invitational....another situation apparently last night JB's vs Romania warranting the need for linesemen JB"s apparently score but the ref is hanging at the centre line apparently waiting for a quick counter-attack and makes the 'safe call' no goal.....I think the league has to decide between 2 rules: either let beer on the sidelines or linesmen instilled, as these stupid calls with no beer to calm angry players afterwards just isn't fair ! either we're a beer league or not take ur pick!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can request linesman at any time is what i understand the rules to be. It just costs you a bunch more money in fees.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
You can request linesman at any time is what i understand the rules to be. It just costs you a bunch more money in fees.

It's just another $50 isn't it? $25 per linesman. Not really worth it for the majority of div2 teams, but if you're in the run for promotion maybe..

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
After tonight's tough match at Confederation Turf there is now only one undefeated team in all of Div 2.
Romania played decent and came close but were shutout on what turned out to be a good night for soccer. The turf was in great shape and there just a slight north south breeze to content with and no precipitation. Both teams played tight in the final third but chances did present themselves. Romania's snipers had some dangerous long range shots that sailed high and Norvan had some opportunites on corners and some crosses that just need a bounce and some finish. The referee did well to ignore some of the antics on the field and for the most part it was just one player on Romania who would do well on a women's gymnastic team with his floor work. There were a few cards and some offsides that could have been called different. One play that tested Norvan's spirit was a ball that was cleared out from behind the Romainian goaline. The ref was not in a position to see it and did not make the call. The Romainian keeper made more than a few fine saves, one at point blank on a partial breakaway. The winning goal came at 80min after some work down the wing and back in the middle where our sweeper made a huge run collected and fired a low shot that eluded the goalie. Romania had some half chances at the other end but the whistle ended with Norvan taking the 3pts and regainging some team pride after dropping a 3-1 result in the first leg. Nice way to go into the break but Santa will have to come up big with something to erase our loss to the GDevils and the Latte Boyz. Romania have a good side and promotion is theirs to lose.
Well done, Beamers. I'd be surprised if anyone catches Romania at this point, even if they lost a couple more matches, but it's good to see them drop points. We were gutted to lose 3-2 to them after leading 2-0 at the break. They are good enough for promo, but they are no Sporting Punjab, who made all of 2C their bitches last year, and are now doing the same to Div 1. Our squad was much stronger last year, as well, and Punjab scored 6 of the total 10 goals we conceded during the season. This year, injuries and work-related transfers have really depleted our numbers, and it has been tough to make up for losing some of our most influential players. Hopefully the winter break will allow some of us to heal up and give us the chance to step up our game for the tail end of the season and the cup.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
They are good enough for promo, but they are no Sporting Punjab, who made all of 2C their bitches last year, and are now doing the same to Div 1.
I said, pardon?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think props need to go out to the Primos this year as they have not dropped any points and have given up only one goal against. Very impressive...and there are some good teams in 2B, it's not a weak division. Please don't use that to start the whole 'my division's better than yours...' pissing match. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due as there has been a ton of talk about Romania and for some reason RFC in this thread this year. Romania because of their cheap tactics which they consider 'strategy' and if I'd ever played pro soccer I would know that ;) ; and RFC because they're the new Choo Choo Trains of division 2 :)

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
polonia 1-1 bombastic

a horrible effort by our side on friday night, as we decided that we didn't need to play our game and played theirs instead. i was personally very surprised because of our result against pcov, i was sure we would come out with a good effort. i was obviously wrong. we went up 1-0 in the first on a nice header. the first half was fairly even in terms of possession, but the second half was a different story as we totally shat the bed. they scored on a beautiful drive from about 25 yds out halfway through the second. we came on strong late in the second but couldn't manage to squeak out the win. overall, we definetly had more chances and their keeper played well, but this was a game that we could have easily lost as they missed some good opportunities. not looking forward to practice tonight, as our coach was pissed and rightfully so.
also caught most of the primos/dpr game on sat. i arrived late and i didn't see the goal, but if it was early there was absolutely no urgency in the play of dpr to equalize. i also left early because i painted my kitchen and wanted to get home to watch it dry, as that was more exciting than the game. boring game with primos carrying most of the play but not testing the dpr keeper once, and dpr seeming content with just keeping up with the primos. cudos to them for going 12-0. also, nice work by bonefish and co. on their victory over romania. nice to see them drop a game.

bukkakemon

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
I think props need to go out to the Primos this year as they have not dropped any points and have given up only one goal against. Very impressive...and there are some good teams in 2B, it's not a weak division. Please don't use that to start the whole 'my division's better than yours...' pissing match. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due as there has been a ton of talk about Romania and for some reason RFC in this thread this year.
The only goal Primos allowed was in the first 10 minutes of their first game of the season. They have held the competition scoreless for the last 1070+ minutes of play. It will be interesting to see how they fare in Div 1 next year.

One of the Primo's watched a game of ours earlier this season, and was shocked at the difference in speed from Div 2 to Div 1... its a good thing he wasnt watching a Premier game or his head might have exploded.:eek:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've seen many teams come through div 2 on the way to div 1 (us being one of them) and the Primos don't stand out as being one of the better ones. Their goals against record is incredible and I can't remember anything close in year's past...but I can certainly recall playing tougher teams. To Primo's credit though, their goalkeeper is the best in the league and their back 4 are very solid.

And you are very right about the speed difference from div 2 to 1. Thinking back to a couple of games against Sikh Temple and wondering what hit me :)

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
They are good enough for promo, but they are no Sporting Punjab, who made all of 2C their bitches last year, and are now doing the same to Div 1. Our squad was much stronger last year, as well, and Punjab scored 6 of the total 10 goals we conceded during the season.

Thanks Oggy and Merry Christmas to you to!

Gigi_Becali

Oct 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems that we made a lot of people happy after the Monday night game, its a good thing that everybody will have Happy holidays now. Bonefish’s game report was pretty much correct, but he forgot to mention that player # 9 from Norvan supposed to get the second yellow card for entering the field without the ref’s permission. Norvan played very well anyway and we can’t say their win is not deserved. They have a huge home field advantage and they know how to exploit it, unfortunately we missed 4 starters (1 was suspended) because they had to work Monday night.
Therapist; I don’t like you too much but you are totally right in what you said, our # 9 played badly and with a little focus from him in front of the net the score would be different. As for the diving you are right too, we were trying not to dive that much on Monday night but it seems that the experiment was a very bad one and we won’t try it again. From now on we’ll work harder to the practice to improve our diving skills, to make the simulations look more realistic and accurate. This way we’ll get more dangerous freekicks, pk and cards against our opponents. Thanks cus you pointed that.
Bandcamp; you are right too, we can’t compare the divisions because the competition for Primo in div 2b is absolutely inexistent. They are a very solid team but for sure they are not way better than JB, GD, us, City FC, Yaletown or the Polish team that leads the div 2a.
As for the assistant refs, I will ask the league if it is possible to have them at least for the important cup and promo games.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gigi_Becali said:
Bandcamp; you are right too, we can’t compare the divisions because the competition for Primo in div 2b is absolutely inexistent. They are a very solid team but for sure they are not way better than JB, GD, us, City FC, Yaletown or the Polish team that leads the div 2a.

I have to agree that the Primo team is not WAY better than any of the top 3 or 4 in each group. but, they did beat the GD and had a win and a tie against the JBs last year. And the team is even stronger this year. I'm pretty sure that head to head with any of the teams you mentioned would result is a close match. Actually if you group all the top 3 or 4 teams into a group, I'll bet the the points difference would be very tight.

Anyway, hopefully there are games this weekend.

Happy Holidays to all VMSL players.:)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
I've seen many teams come through div 2 on the way to div 1 (us being one of them) and the Primos don't stand out as being one of the better ones.

Gigi_Becali said:

Wow...do you read as well as you write? Did I say they're way better than the other top teams in A & C? Rhetorical question in case you're confused. What I DID say is that their record and goals against is very impressive. What I also said is that I didn't want to start that 'our group's stronger than your group' garbage as only Cup play determines that, kind a sort a.

And, for the record, I completely disagree with you about them having 'inexistent' competition within the division. I think you'd have 4 or 5 teams that would take offense. Our division is as consistent as I've seen in years...it MAY not have the top talent that it sometimes does (read comment about the Primos again donkey) but there are several teams with very little difference between them. Just look at the standings for that proof as beyond the Primos everyone is taking points off everyone. As for the other teams in A & C...who knows until we play them :) Here's hoping we draw you clowns.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Here's hoping we draw you clowns.

Gigi,

I believe that Bandcamp plays for DP. If i'm correct and they meet you in the cup...you won't have to dive.
They will take you out for real. They are a strong aggressive side, usually not too many cheap shots but do ride the line when playing physical. So, if you are so lucky as to draw them, leave the snipers at home.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on my funny numbers(aka Combined Stats) 2C edges the other groups as far as performance(goals points, differential etc). A lower number equates to a larger number of top ranked teams in the Combined Stats:
2C-151
2B-153
2C-161

Take away top performer and bottom performer:
2C-118
2B-124
2A-130

This is as good as it gets for a comparison without their being one division. The position of the divisions is the same as it was in the middle of October.

One note is that not all teams have played equal games but this is true across all 3 groups.

But as Bandcamp alludes to, there is no true apples to apples comparison to be had. Even in cup play the, "On any Given Sunday You can Win or Lose" adage holds true and "top teams" lose out to seemingly "lesser teams".

Good Banter everyone nevertheless. It will be nice to see the cup schedule in a few weeks time and then the real party begins(except for those teams who "won promotion so we won't really try for cup", but say so after they drop a game) :D

Oct 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Wow...do you read as well as you write?

And, for the record, I completely disagree with you about them having 'inexistent' competition within the division.

I agree with what you're saying about the divisions Bandcamp, but can you please lay off the "you suck because you don't read or write english very well" attitude? We all realize you probably had the benifit of a first class anglo education over there on Belmont Avenue, but there are a lot of guys in the VMSL, and on this site, who are from Eastern Europe, South America, Asia etc.., for whom English is not a first language. Did you have any ESL students at your high school? Did you treat them the same way? You demonstrated similar culturally insensitive attitudes towards some of the Choo Choo guys last year (albeit, they were ###holes for numerous other reasons on this site). Add to that, your "Diving mexicans" comment, and you might get guys wondering about you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0