Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Dr J.,
You are too kind. In my current capacity as super-sub(aka benchwarmer) I have the benefit of coming out and taking it to an opposition that has hopefully, been completely knackered by the starting JimBeam crew. That is provided, I am able to stay warm on the sideline on those not so nice days/nights when the rain is coming sideways.

The Knights were not ready as "team". That fact, plus the early hole they dug when combined with not enough subs underlined the night.

Individually, there were some players who put the effort forth that is a signature for the Knights. Texas Rattler for one, has to be the fastest man with a BMI over 30. He was hurtling himself all over the field. I would see him on one wing and almost by magic he would show up on the opposite side of field....

Hopefully, Knights will pull it together to finish the season/cup strong.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 1 - 3 Unicorns

Was out of town so no post until now. We were terrible all over the field and did not come ready to play. Unicorns totally deserved the win and could have had a whole bunch more goals if our keeper didn't stop breakaway after breakaway. Worst part was we lost our composure with the ref...something we don't normally do...

On to the next one.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp, I was surprised with your result with the Unicorns. I thought you guys would easily beat them considering they just got spanked by 5-buzz by DPR. Were they that good?! or did you guys just have an off day? If they were pretty good, what does that say about the strength of DPR?!

TS

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
Bandcamp, I was surprised with your result with the Unicorns. I thought you guys would easily beat them considering they just got spanked by 5-buzz by DPR. Were they that good?! or did you guys just have an off day? If they were pretty good, what does that say about the strength of DPR?!

TS

DPR is definitely an improved team from previous years. We played against them in our last summer league game and they had at least 10 guys subbing in/trying out for the winter squad. While they weren't overwhelming (tied 1-1), I could tell that if they gelled, they'd be tough to play against. Lost your composure with the ref, Bandcamp? tsk, tsk :)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  1. Bombastic SC "A" vs IFC Polonia: MOTW- Does Bombastic have the offense to blemish the BlingBling record of the so far perfect Polonia?Polonia concede their first goal against but win by 2
  2. Aryana FC vs City FC Cobras: This is defintely not the year of the snake...Aryana by 1
  3. Firefighters "C" vs Signmaster SC: Sign'ed' sealed and delivered, another 'master'terful defensive effort by Mosher and co.
  4. PCOV "A" vs Kosova SC: This game has all the makings of a tie given the results thus far.
  5. Maplewood United vs Bosna SC:Maplewood should take all 3pts if they can keep the ball out of the back of their net.

1. KLM Alemania FC vs "B" United: B-United bucked a severe losing trend the previous week but Alemania is all but guaranteed 3pts
  2. Cleo's FC vs West Van Royals: Cleo's are having some problems this season...West Van by 1
  3. Douglas Park vs Primo FC "A": MOTW- A surging D.P side will be in tough against a determined Primo team. A tie is a good bet for this contest being played on the minuscle WPointGrey pitch.
  4. Unicorns FC vs Richmond FC: Richmond still has clear skies and smooth sailing until Week 7. Richmond in a walk.
  5. Nomads FC "A" vs Belmont FC: Bueller? Bueller? Nomads? Belmont get the W against the No(shows)mads.

1. Westside FC Knights vs Yaletown FC: Will the short week be enough time for the Knights to lick their wounds? Upset time...Knights by 1
  2. FC Sandzak vs City FC Rangers "A": Rangers take all 3 points in this match which has the potential for lots of reds and yellows.
  3. C-Men United vs EV Socceroos "A": C-Men by 2 over the downtrodden ones from down under
  4. IFC Zawisza vs Green Devils FC: GD's should get all 3 points in this match.
  5. FC Romania vs Norvan JB's: MOTW- Romania put their undefeated record on the line against a confident JimBeam side who will need to play their best game of the season.

Undefeated Watch: Romania,Richmond,Primo,Polonia(NoGoalsAgainst)

Good luck to all!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:

TS

Without taking too much away from the Unicorns as they did come away with 3 points...it was more a case of Belmont not showing up. No excuses, just a really poor showing that went downhill as the game wore on. Luckily we don't have too many of those so hopefully we'll sort it out.

I expect Unicorns to place around where Cleo's and WV do, maybe just ahead of them. DPR are improved and can't be taken lightly but are more around ours and Alemania's level. Primos and RFC are probably in a 2 horse race.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

bonefish said:
Texas Rattler for one, has to be the fastest man with a BMI over 30.
And the second fastest over 40.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 1 Westside Knights 1

First off thanx for the kind words there Bonefish I was not in any mood to respond to the shilacking we got from you guys a week ago , almost as bad as (seattle & the bills got it from the bears). As for my BMI it is a suprising 19.28 my friend as it's just the spare tire that keeps me round due to my male silverback like endomorph frame. Anyways onto our game with Yaletown which was definately an uneventful affair as we squandered some much needed points in our Montgomerry home-opener. Both sides played well , although we definately have to reflect on our tons of missed opportunities that were not capitalized on. Yaletown did well to thwart some of our attacks and played well.On a side note though I think your whole team should chip in 5 bucks each and send your goalie to BRAD HIGGS SOCCER SCHOOL because he could have easily cost you the game with his shocking foot skills. Anyways onto the next game where we can hopefully get a few opportunities finished. cheers , the rattler

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania 3 Norvan JB's 0

Romania was the better team on this day. They deserved the win as we didn't play very well. However, they are the dirtiest bunch of diving whores I have ever seen. It took the ref 20 minutes to catch on, then he was having none of it. He even thanked us after the game for keeping our cool. Heads up the rest of you, they will kick and punch while the ref has his head turned.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take our team away from the comfortable confines of a turf field and put us on a sand box like SW Memorial NW and watch us struggle. We did not string very many passes together all match. A good part of this was the pressure put on us by Romania but the field was in rough shape. I don't think there will be many games on that one once the rains come, even with the sand content that was akin, Jericho Beach. As Therapist, said, Romania deserved the win and had the edge in chances. They have a pretty solid D and some skilled forwards who were the targets for a lot of hoofing. The first goal, however, came on a shot taken from 25 out that careened of the juncture of the crossbar and post with a slight nudge from our keep. The second was one of their players on a 35 yd run to our 6yd box through a couple of players. A disappointing result on our parts for sure. As for the diving...their are a few players on that team who looked World Cup but they did have some players that were decent sportsman. Next time boyz!

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-Men United 1 Socceroos 0

Well, we mucked out a win at McBride. Shouldn't have been this close, imo, as they were outskilled all over the park. We did defend well, though, and got a late goal off of a freekick that went right through the wall. So a win's a win I guess, but still plenty to work on. By the way, thanks to the Roos for their kind assistance in recovering our game ball that went out onto 4th ave. and mysteriously disappeared....:rolleyes:

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the diving...their are a few players on that team who looked World Cup but they did have some players that were decent sportsman.

Bones.....this will be the only time I ever disagree with you. You always have an objectional view after every game, with every post. But I do disagree with "some players that were decent sportsman"
I was on the sidelines for 80 minutes of the game and not once did I ever see a decent sportsman on that Romanian squad. They have never ever heard the word "Honor". They were dirty bastards from the start. I would have to say that in my 16 years of Div 2 soccer (I know, I know.....pathetic I/we never went higher) that they were one of the most disgracefull teams I have ever seen. Let's just say the Park's Board was real lucky that come Monday they weren't picking Romanians out of the duck pond.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
Let's just say the Park's Board was real lucky that come Monday they weren't picking Romanians out of the duck pond.
Yeah, lucky it was a holiday. :D

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2- Unicorns 0
Hard-fought victory against a decent side. Personally I thought they were the best team we've played so far, but some of our guys thought otherwise. They had a couple strong defenders, a great CMF and good wingers, but weak strikers. A couple players to fill in those holes and these guys are a reasonable contender.
We played our worst game of the season, got away from our usual ball-mvmt style and resorted to the old kick-and-run. It worked on several occasions and we probably could've scored 4-5, but missed some quality chances in the box.
Either way, we'll take the W and move on to the Nomads next week.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp, I couldn't help but notice the 1-1 result with the Nomads. How did that happen?! Was 'joey' not playing?! Did he score 8 goals and have them all called back?! Do explain.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
RFC 2- Unicorns 0
Hard-fought victory against a decent side. Personally I thought they were the best team we've played so far, but some of our guys thought otherwise. They had a couple strong defenders, a great CMF and good wingers, but weak strikers. A couple players to fill in those holes and these guys are a reasonable contender.
We played our worst game of the season, got away from our usual ball-mvmt style and resorted to the old kick-and-run. It worked on several occasions and we probably could've scored 4-5, but missed some quality chances in the box.
Either way, we'll take the W and move on to the Nomads next week.

I've now watched the Unicorns play twice and I would have to agree with your assessment. A solid striker and they stop losing the close ones.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
Bandcamp, I couldn't help but notice the 1-1 result with the Nomads. How did that happen?! Was 'joey' not playing?! Did he score 8 goals and have them all called back?! Do explain.

The Thanksgiving nightmare as we played shorthanded. Not sure if Joey played as I was one of the missing :( No keeper either from what i hear so one of our out players was in net. No different than many teams on this weekend every year I assume but frustrating all the same.

On to DPR on Saturday...should be a fun one.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polonia Ravens 1
Bombastic FC A 0

Third week in a row without a goal. I think someone told me that if you can't score you can't win. Can't argue with it. 3 games, no goals scored, one against.............only 2 points taken from 9 leaves BFC solidly behind.

a pretty even game in the second half and a goal against the run of play in the first half (quote from Polonia player) Pretty much sums up the match.

BFC now left with very little chance of a title I would have to say now.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what's up with City FC Rangers using an ineligible player? tsk tsk ... not the way to get promoted back to first div

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0