Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights over Zawizsa 4-0. A very one sided affair.The Knights could have approached double figures with better finishing. This despite playing a man short after the first half dismissal of the Rattler. Zawisza offered little in effort or heart. Although the Roos are lower in the standings, it seems that the Poles are the worst squad in 2C. At least the Aussies try. Sadly, the Knights are never able to have the same players out in consecutive weeks. Injuries,suspensions and family commitments have hit us hard. The good doctor will change places with the Rattler on the suspended list for the big Westside derby next week. Okay Fifth Back, I know that your team seceded from the Westside organization last year, but it still feels the same. These tilts always bring out the best in the Goo boys no matter where they are in the standings. In fact, they bounced us from cup play a few years back. Still, it won't be the same playing them without Fletch,Steppa and the Cob involved. Some rather interesting results in seconds this week. If only someone can knock off the Romanians, who are the biggest wankers in all of metro...

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 for Romania vs Devils

Just had to give the other teams in Div2 an update about this game and why I have no respect for this team, regardless of their record. There were very few chances as both teams played very conservative.

However the amount of diving and time they spent on the ground embelishing these so called phantom challenges were nothing like Ive seen before in the VMSL. There clearly must have been a sniper that day the way they were dropping.

The worst display of sportsmanship was with the score still 0-0 with 20 mins to go, their #9 striker waited till the ref turned around then spat in the face of our sweeper! Seriously no class! Just a heads up for the Jbs,City,Cmen, Knights and Yaletown that their not above pulling crap like this on the field during close games.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Devil Himself said:
1-0 for Romania vs Devils

Just had to give the other teams in Div2 an update about this game and why I have no respect for this team, regardless of their record. There were very few chances as both teams played very conservative.

However the amount of diving and time they spent on the ground embelishing these so called phantom challenges were nothing like Ive seen before in the VMSL. There clearly must have been a sniper that day the way they were dropping.

The worst display of sportsmanship was with the score still 0-0 with 20 mins to go, their #9 striker waited till the ref turned around then spat in the face of our sweeper! Seriously no class! Just a heads up for the Jbs,City,Cmen, Knights and Yaletown that their not above pulling crap like this on the field during close games.
A decent ref helps. We had little trouble with Romania as far as diving goes, since the referee wisened up to them after about five minutes. After that, they stayed on their feet and it was a pretty clean game. We probably had the best shot at taking points off them since we went 2-0 up, but were unable to close out the game due to some shocking finishing. You just have to hope that you get a reasonable official the next time you play them.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some very intesting results this weekend that have put the promotion hopes for some teams in critical condition for the remainder of the season.

Polonia's thrashing of Signmaster makes me wonder if Mosher was absent fo that match. 8 games and 1 goal conceded is a very worthy record.

2B's promotion race drama will be at a high next weekend with the Primo's battling the "Truly Defeated" Richmond/Europa side.

2C saw the GD's and JB's sqaunder gold opportunities to make a move on Romania. While the season is not quite halfway done, Romania will have to drop 3 results for there to be a change in the pole position. With that said, their onfield antics are not going to make their remaining games any easier as the bulls-eye keeps on getting bigger.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS - pretty good game recap. Thought we played a solid first half and your shots were from pretty far out...regardless if you hit the net or not :) We actually had some glorious chances in the first with Joey getting in behind your defenders several times. The peno was a good call as your keeps lost his head.

Second half was pretty even until about 10 minutes after we went up 2-0. At that point we were talking about you guys packing it in for the day as you looked completely gutted. But, as mentioned, you guys picked it up and totally took it to us for the last 20. Your goal was a terrible error by our centre back that he normally doesn't make...but your striker did well to be hanging around for the garbage. Regardless, good hard game and that's how we are going to get our points this year - not pretty but sometimes effective.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three things in life are for sure - death - taxes and that the RFC squad will win vs the primos next game. You can take that to the bank... GUARANTEED...

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
dr.j said:
Okay Fifth Back, I know that your team seceded from the Westside organization last year, but it still feels the same. These tilts always bring out the best in the Goo boys no matter where they are in the standings. In fact, they bounced us from cup play a few years back. Still, it won't be the same playing them without Fletch,Steppa and the Cob involved.

Dr. J, we'll do our part to carry on the tradition and bring an "a" effort despite our name being "c" men, and despite having almost entirely new personnel. There was good rivalry when our masters team took on Westside B (Rangers?) yesterday, and good cheer on the sideline afterwards, so I expect the same this weekend. Hopefully we'll have a scoreline in our favor for a change too.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting shout there Team Starter...

I'm thinking that you CAN beat them as they are not that great but you'll have to really play well. After playing Primos and RFC back to back I give the edge to Primos on this one. Good luck...and I'm thinking a tie would help the rest of us out :)

tss1970

Oct 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Interesting shout there Team Starter...

I'm thinking that you CAN beat them as they are not that great but you'll have to really play well. After playing Primos and RFC back to back I give the edge to Primos on this one. Good luck...and I'm thinking a tie would help the rest of us out :)

Bandcamp ... Your team played a good game. I tip my yellow hat to you guys. You knew what needed to be done and you did it. We on the other hand decided to keep our mouths shut and it seemed to take away from our game. When it comes to scoring chances in the first half ts is correct. I missed two easy goals (for anybody that can kick a ball straight) in the first half and I also remeber at least 4 other chances where we missed headers and shots inside th box (all inthe first half). Not that it matters. What matters is Belmont 2 - RFC 1. On to the Primo's. Any insight on them.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos play better positionally than you guys do and spread the field better. You guys work it off the back well and at least try to play a decent game. Skill-wise fairly similar but they probably have the 1 or 2 guys that make the difference on the field. Their back line is quite a bit better than yours so scoring is going to be a problem for you.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0