Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup VMSL Imperial Cup 2012

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good atmosphere at Ambleside this afternoon - many WVFC Flying Horses were there to support the Premier team. Could be a good weekend coming up for WVFC - Premier team in Imperial Cup final, Flying Horses in Masters B Cup final and hopefully the U-21's in the cup final too!!

Shorty played 90 and did not look out of place!! He was able to get under the skin of some of the young lads from Richmond.

Great job with the club Andy!!

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 2-1 Richmond Hibernian.

Entertaining game yesterday in perfect footy conditions, aside from the actual Ambleside Turf :D For what the game lacked in actually football quality was made up for in intensity and atmosphere. People lining all 4 side of the playing surface always adds a little extra to the occasion.

Felt like we came out a slow from the opening whistle, sitting a little too deep and letting WV dictate the play too easily. This resulted in multiple balls being swung into the mix as well as corner kicks. SIXFYV did extremely well coming off his line to challenge on more then one occasion to keep things level until the head injury forced him out. At this point still nil-nil and WV might have felt they deserved to be up, after crashing a half volley off the cross bar, and hitting the post off a set piece at the top of the box.

Started the second half on a more positive note, creating some decent half chances going forward. In turn, WV did the same, with one effort going off the top of the bar, another hitting the bar on a set piece on top of some very dangerous balls knocked into the box. With about 15 gone (?) WV forward comes in, and kicks the ball out of bounds as I slide out to challenge, I see him knock it off the park and pull my arms away, yet the player still falls down. Pretty gutted to have Alan buy it but what can I say, the rust got the best of me, probably shouldn't of even bothered to challenge for it, adrenaline and all that ;) Dailly steps up and buries, AFTER I get a hand on it. :( 1-nil. We pull our collective socks up and to our credit, we literally go right back down the other end of the park and scored an equalizer, which we deserved after the build up play, 1-1 and game on. Both teams go back and forth and with about 7 minutes to go, 'The Diver' hits a wonder goal from about 30 out, and it dips just under the bar as I'm standing on the 6 yard box. :( He would NEVER hit that shot again. We push back until the final whistle, and at the death 29 makes an awesome hand save of off our left mid in extra time. End game.

Still quite gutted about the result when driving into work this morning, but I reckon it can be said that the best team won, and I wish them and Surrey both good luck in the final this upcoming weekend, should be a cracker of a contest out at Kinsmen.

On a personal note, aside from the end result, I was disappointed to be chirped at about the 2nd goal by some knob head in the WV corner of the pitch. It wasn't a WV player or coach that I'm sure of, just a clueless supporter who knows squat about the game, or the goal tending position. Let me know when you get out on the pitch, start the game leading the line for your team and then step up and play the rest of the match as the last line of defense.

Apologies TTP nation, whine/moan over.

C'MON THE HIBS!

CICwhoisstillgutted

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a good thing you don't play pro, buttercup!

Clinical piss take right there BWA. I can't imagine you would understand, as you probably weren't there, nor were you, or the club you represent even involved in the contest.

I've been chirped at by everyone in this league for over 10 years now. I'll dust myself off and get on it with, I always do, but as for the content of the chirp, you have no idea what was said, so essentially, you're just as clueless as the previously mentioned knob head. Carry on...

CICwhoisfortunatenottobeapro

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we fully deserved the win yesterday. I think there was at least 4 cross bars and 2 posts. I agree about the pk call. It is the same call that another ref made against us in the Imperial final two years ago. If the player is moving away from goal, touches the ball by the goalie and the ball is clearly going out of bounds with no chance for him to get to the ball, even if the goalie clips him it should not be a pk. If the ball isn't going out that's one thing but if the ball is going out it should not be called. Unlucky CIC.

One thing I'll say about Richmond is they have a lot of heart and don't go away. We let them hang around and they almost took it to OT with the last play of the game. Can't believe he didn't finish that opportunity.

On to Surrey next week. Should be a good final. Surrey getting to the final 3 years in a row and WV getting there 3 out of 4 years. Can't wait.

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is the same call that another ref made against us in the Imperial final two years ago. If the player is moving away from goal, touches the ball by the goalie and the ball is clearly going out of bounds with no chance for him to get to the ball, even if the goalie clips him it should not be a pk.

Didn't we have video evidence for everyone on TTP to agree that that was indeed a peno and a reckless challenge (by your defender) !! :D:D ---- thank you NS News!

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually my point was that if he cant get to the ball after he touches it by the player or keeper and he was going away from the net (like Angus was) then it shouldn't be a penalty. That pk doesn't matter anymore. See you on sunday. Maybe the ref won't just gift you the trophy this time.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point, Two-nine. One of my opponents was running down the touchline about 9 years ago and as he dribbled it out of play, I punched him in the nose. It's a good thing that ball went out of play because if it didn't, it would have been a foul. I just clipped him on the nose so he didn't 'really' get hit. I could have been sent off according to your approach.

Either way, it will be the battle of the whiners in the final. Good luck to refs. Is there an award for the team who whines most during the game?

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, you are the biggest idiot posting on this site. I was talking about pk's, inside the box. Too bad your Peg boys aren't in the finals then I could tell you to your face that your an idiot. Enjoy the final if you can make it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, you are the biggest idiot posting on this site. I was talking about pk's, inside the box. Too bad your Peg boys aren't in the finals then I could tell you to your face that your an idiot. Enjoy the final if you can make it.

That is good. I could then laugh at your goalkeeping abilities. We could share a laugh.

I'm glad you were talking about PK's......do you realise that a direct free-kick outside the penalty area is called a direct free-kick? Did you know that an infraction for a direct free-kick inside the penalty area is called a penalty kick? They are both the SAME type of foul. Let me draw up the scenario again for you.

I'm going by you in the penalty area and as I push it by you to the side you come out and try and elbow me in the head. Because you're not very accurate you clip me on the ear but I go down like the diver on your team apparently did. Is that a penalty kick or not because the ball went beside you away from goal. Share the light with me.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Luckily for CS his face is usually drunk so petty insults don't affect him.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is good. I could then laugh at your goalkeeping abilities. We could share a laugh.

I'm glad you were talking about PK's......do you realise that a direct free-kick outside the penalty area is called a direct free-kick? Did you know that an infraction for a direct free-kick inside the penalty area is called a penalty kick? They are both the SAME type of foul. Let me draw up the scenario again for you.

I'm going by you in the penalty area and as I push it by you to the side you come out and try and elbow me in the head. Because you're not very accurate you clip me on the ear but I go down like the diver on your team apparently did. Is that a penalty kick or not because the ball went beside you away from goal. Share the light with me.
the only way this could be a plausible scenario is if you stated you went left.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0