Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 February/March Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure there would be many teams who would give the goal back.
Agreed.

The ref blew it 100%, not Sapp. But it's ironic that WAB rants with all his might the previous week about the state of officiating and then immediately gets the ultimate non-call/farce to go his way.

:D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy:
Looks like we are on this Sunday at "tiny" Hillcrest...That might be good since I doubt we'll be fielding a team. Shame really. Guys will arrive at the park and possibly find out there is no game. I don't know how many CAT guys we can get since they play on Friday night and are struggling for bodies as is. I'll be thinking of you guys as I ski down the slopes at the peaks.
SCK

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch - Best of luck to Angelo on his recovery for his shoulder injury. :(
It was Ang who got hurt - Yes?

Ouch also to SU.
That has to hurt as well.
This is a team not accustomed to being out of post season play.
Unlucky boys - You'll be back.

Congrats to Sapp and best of luck in the BCs.

Cheers,
RF

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy:
Looks like we are on this Sunday at "tiny" Hillcrest...That might be good since I doubt we'll be fielding a team. Shame really. Guys will arrive at the park and possibly find out there is no game. I don't know how many CAT guys we can get since they play on Friday night and are struggling for bodies as is. I'll be thinking of you guys as I ski down the slopes at the peaks.
SCK

I will be skiing this weekend, and I think 6-7 of our guys are away as well. Might be our B team against yours . . .

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it was a dislocation and not a seperation and I was him I would have rather broken the arm instead. Now if it's a seperated shoulder then he should be fine. Best of luck on the recovery and unlucky Balls and Regs. If anyone is to blame it is the ref as I don't see why he won't call it either way. It was 0-0 it's not like he was trying to waste time like some players do and it's the keeper of all players.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Psssst.....hey guys.....games over.....nothings going to change.....sorry to hear about your player Regs,hope he's ok.....but hey...still room in the foursome! Here's to no more aches and pains til September!! Cheers lads....

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it was a dislocation and not a seperation and I was him I would have rather broken the arm instead. Now if it's a seperated shoulder then he should be fine. Best of luck on the recovery and unlucky Balls and Regs. If anyone is to blame it is the ref as I don't see why he won't call it either way. It was 0-0 it's not like he was trying to waste time like some players do and it's the keeper of all players.

Maybe if someof the keepers in the league didn't flop around every time someone touched them the play would have been stopped - right Zambroni ......?????

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. But Taxman it is the player's duty to control himself when he is in the box. I've received many fouls against me for doing so...I actually held up well against Roselund this weekend though...

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. But Taxman it is the player's duty to control himself when he is in the box. I've received many fouls against me for doing so...I actually held up well against Roselund this weekend though...

Now that was clearly using your better judgement .... if you did not he would take care of it - especially with nothing on the line

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I have read, there were obviously some "kick it out" comments. I can honestly tell you that I didn't hear them. The ball was cleared directly to me about 25 yards out to the left. A defender came straight at me . I took a touch to control, maybe two touches to cut inside to get around him and a final touch to shoot(yes with my head down) I looked up and the goalie was lying to the left side of the net as the ball was looping into the net off a defender. I don't think that the defender that came at me heard anything either because he seemed to be doing his best to defend. It's not a good way to win and in fact after the game, there was no celebration because it didn't really feel like a legitimate win. It was a bad break for Surrey but the thought of letting them come down and score never entered our minds until I read it on here. I'm not sure there would be many teams who would give the goal back.

Favs... you are all class, and have full respect from the sidelines that you did not hear any of the shouts, no worries mate. The ball was not cleared to you though, it was cleared up the sideline touched and passed or punched into the middle of the park to you at the top of the box. as a spectator.. please.... looked up and the goalie was lying to the left side of the net as the ball was looping into the net off a defender. I don't think that the defender that came at me heard anything either because he seemed to be doing his best to defend. If anythig I blame the referee personally; But what did you expect the defender to do? They are yellig to put the ball out, there was a couple touches of the ball, did you want the defender to get out of the way as well as the keeper? Anyways, shite way to win and a shite way to lose. Again favs, I know you are all class, just a shite way to decide a game of that importance......

I know taxman..... you have a tee time.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, someone had a good St. Paddy's Day. Dickens leave some beer for the rest of us will you?

My take is that it was most unfortunate to win a game like that but I doubt very much that at the Masters level you would have someone "give back" the goal. After all, it is only the oldtimers league. I believe it occured a number of years back when a goal was actually given back at the premier level. It is really no way to end the season and for that I feel sorry for Regs et al. who really deserved a better fate. As for WAB, what is his team supposed to do? Withdraw from the provincials? Miro had the responsibility of calling it. Simple. He chose not to. Just like he chose not to red card a flagrant foul a few weeks back. At our old level, anything can happen and the referees can alter a game very easily. That will serve notice to all of us come provincial cup time in April.
This will mean very little, but SU should hold their heads up high for their play. They are one of the better clubs and probably aren't used to not being there come cup time.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK:

While you're up on the 'Peaks, ask your bro the ref what he would have done under the circumstances.

Say hi to the rest of the Loopians for me.

Favs: nice to see you on here. Sorry it couldn't be under better circumstances.

Trece

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, someone had a good St. Paddy's Day. Dickens leave some beer for the rest of us will you?

My take is that it was most unfortunate to win a game like that but I doubt very much that at the Masters level you would have someone "give back" the goal. After all, it is only the oldtimers league. I believe it occured a number of years back when a goal was actually given back at the premier level. It is really no way to end the season and for that I feel sorry for Regs et al. who really deserved a better fate. As for WAB, what is his team supposed to do? Withdraw from the provincials? Miro had the responsibility of calling it. Simple. He chose not to. Just like he chose not to red card a flagrant foul a few weeks back. At our old level, anything can happen and the referees can alter a game very easily. That will serve notice to all of us come provincial cup time in April.
This will mean very little, but SU should hold their heads up high for their play. They are one of the better clubs and probably aren't used to not being there come cup time.

Just for clarification, the referee was not Miro.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCk... Might be a beer shortage in the Loops and at the Peaks this weekend as Hurricane dickens will be rolling in for a couple days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0