Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters B Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best, you should have introduced yourself, m8. :) It was a nice clean game to ref on a TINY park. :D

It was a very clean game. I would have introduced myself but didn't know you were the Captain. I would agree, a very clean game on a small pitch. We hate that pitch. We much prefer a larger pitch so we can move the ball around but what you going to do. If you're wondering who I am................I beleive I had everyone listening to me when I was a wee bit pissed with myself for passing (poor pass) from 8 yards in front of goal. I'm usually such a selfish bastard:D

I will be sure to introduce myself next time round now I know. Well ref'ed match by the way. No poor Offside decisions and you let the match flow when it was needed.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

Sorry I couldn't make it - too many family obligations (relatives from out of town). Would have loved to have been available to heckle yer Guatemalan-accredited ref and Densky's ping pong paddle hands.:D

I will definitely pop by next available opportunity.

Trece

No worries. We even brought out the BBQ for ya. :wa: We still hae one head to head match so if not another match that one for sure!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good, although I don't know if I can talk Ang into burdening us with that Guatemalan-accredited criminal.:D

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results:

Bombastic 1 Dynamo 0
Westside B 2 SFU 1
Ajax 3 Eagles 2
Westside C 6 Shooters 0
Covercrete 5 Roma 2
Celtic 2 Van Utd. 0
Cliff Ave 4 CAI 0

Reds vs. Lusos to be played next weekend.

5 for 7 on my predictions...:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a very clean game. I would have introduced myself but didn't know you were the Captain. I would agree, a very clean game on a small pitch. We hate that pitch. We much prefer a larger pitch so we can move the ball around but what you going to do. If you're wondering who I am................I beleive I had everyone listening to me when I was a wee bit pissed with myself for passing (poor pass) from 8 yards in front of goal. I'm usually such a selfish bastard:D

I will be sure to introduce myself next time round now I know. Well ref'ed match by the way. No poor Offside decisions and you let the match flow when it was needed.

Now I know who you are. :) That was a classic by the way.....I thought you were screaming at your teammate initially and then realized quickly you were screaming at yourself. :D Nice to meet you.

Fordinho

Apr 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I know who you are. :) That was a classic by the way.....I thought you were screaming at your teammate initially and then realized quickly you were screaming at yourself. :D Nice to meet you.

Great stuff! I'm glad you enjoyed that, I seem to see something similar from him every week. Georgie learned a lesson that game - if 1 yard out from goal, don't pass (and over hit it for a goal kick).

I would have sent him off for foul and abusive language - it could have escalated into a fight (with himself). :rolleyes:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great stuff! I'm glad you enjoyed that, I seem to see something similar from him every week. Georgie learned a lesson that game - if 1 yard out from goal, don't pass (and over hit it for a goal kick).

I would have sent him off for foul and abusive language - it could have escalated into a fight (with himself). :rolleyes:

I pride myself in my expectation of perfectiion from myself and entertaining as many people as possible while doing it. Rather than do it with skill.......I do it in my own special way.:confused: Besides....by the time I'm finished with myself I usually don''t have to listen to Fordinho rake into me:D

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BFC Classics 1
PCOV Lusitanos 0

Like all matches vs PCOV we had to work hard for 90 minutes. Finally though a result. two draws earlier in league and now a slim victory.

FIrst 20 minutes I would say PCOV were ready to play and brought it on. They we agressive off the ball and passed well. We then settled into the match and I would say the match was pretty even but they made more of their possesion in the top 1/3 but no real glaring chances at goal either end. We did have 2 clear chances that their keeper made terrific saves off of. He is truely one of the best in the division.

2nd half pretty much the same. about 10 minutes in we get a free kick just outside the top right hand side of their 18 yard box. We set up for a cross but their wall didn't set up to protect the near post. One of our strikers is left footed and he curled in the topcorner, near post. good goal. PCOV brought it hard for the remained of the match but we managed to survive a couple of goal mouth scrambles and hang on for victory.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside B 4-1 Coquitlam Ajax (OT)

We played a wild and (wish I was wearing) wooly game on Sunday against a hardworking Ajax on the turf at Point Grey. It got progressively colder and colder as the morning wore on during the first half as both teams fought hard all over the field with Ajax maybe having the better of the play.

Second half their speedy guy collects the ball just outside the 18 turns, fakes a move and then curls it top shelf where gramps keeps the Playboys, 1-0. We finally equalize after throwing another guy up front on a goalmouth scramble with about 3 minutes left to tie it up...snowflakes have been getting thicker and thicker at this point.

Overtime starts and the snow really starts to come down and it's that wet, sticky stuff that sticks to your head, brainfreeze time. We bag 3 in the OT as they ran out of gas. The snow on the turf is crazy: it got all balled up with rubber pellets and snowballs stuck to the laces on the underside of my boots making running very uncomfortable. As soon as you cleared it away it would be back. The ball was collecting snow as well.

It's been a couple of decades since I logged 120 minutes in a single game...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it warn't purdy...

Westside B 1-0 Bombastic

We scored early on a nicely worked play and then kind of took it to them for a bit in the first half but they seemed maybe a bit hungrier than us at times, fighting hard for 50/50's but taking shots from far out that weren't troubling our keeper much.

Second half they had the better of the play and maybe should have had a goal or two but our keeper made a couple of great saves and then the ref blew the whistle to end it.

They played as we knew they would, hard to the end and we were resilient to the end.

On to the finals!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it warn't purdy...

Westside B 1-0 Bombastic

We scored early on a nicely worked play and then kind of took it to them for a bit in the first half but they seemed maybe a bit hungrier than us at times, fighting hard for 50/50's but taking shots from far out that weren't troubling our keeper much.

Second half they had the better of the play and maybe should have had a goal or two but our keeper made a couple of great saves and then the ref blew the whistle to end it.

They played as we knew they would, hard to the end and we were resilient to the end.

On to the finals!

not sure I can add much more than that. I thought we deserved better but we leaked a goal early and that was our demise. Second half we worked as hard as we could and Westside keeper certainly did make some saves and we had a few just slip past the post. Westside are a classy side and as much as I enjoy playing them I am getting tired or losing by one and deserving more.

Best of luck to your boys in the final.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside B 1-2 Westside C (PK's)

A hardfought battle at the turf at UBC ended a draw after 120 minutes and then they scored 3/5 PK's to win it.

We went up 1-0 in the first half when Bobby Haz risked life and limb on a cross ball challenge with the keeper coming full steam...ball got knocked into the net and both players were on the ground for a couple of minutes. They equalized in the second half on a great run from Graham (who signed late with them from our team thinking he would get more time...bastard) who flew through our entire team almost and parked one in the corner to tie it.

Lots of opportunities squandered by both teams and then the dreaded spots where we stunk. Good bunch of guys and a great game to play in.

I hadn't played 120 in...a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0