Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are a couple of specific threads going about specific teams, mergers, etc, but I thought I would consolidate things a bit.

As far as I know, and (as a rather rare occurence actually) I could be wrong, but I believe that the VMSL Masters Premier Division will shape up as follows..

Cliff Ave
Columbus FC
Metro Ford FF
PCOV
RCIU
Sapperton Rovers
Surrey...
Westside
West Van FC
Wickham

Sound right? Comments, rumours or predictions anyone?

Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Surrey Utd finished 7th last year, and I think SFC managed to scrape up a 3rd place finish in the Fraser Valley league. SU did not make the BCs, and SFC went out in the first round.

But having said that, as the learned Trece has pointed out, teams were listed alphabetically.

Sir M.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are a couple of specific threads going about specific teams, mergers, etc, but I thought I would consolidate things a bit.

As far as I know, and (as a rather rare occurence actually) I could be wrong, but I believe that the VMSL Masters Premier Division will shape up as follows..

Cliff Ave
Columbus FC
Metro Ford FF
PCOV
RCIU
Sapperton Rovers
Surrey...
Westside
West Van FC
Wickham

Sound right? Comments, rumours or predictions anyone?

Sir M.

RCIU is now Richmond F.C. :)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New alignments now posted on the Most Excellent site (again, in alphabetical disorder for HoS):

Premier

Cliff Ave
Columbus
MFFF
PCOV
RCIA
Sapp
SU (who's Ron Regnier?)
West Van
Westside
Wickham

1st

22nd Ave
Bombastic
Alemania
Lobbans
Mermaids
PoCo Celtic
Romanians
SFU Royals
Shaheen
Eagles

2A

CAI
Earwax
Covercrete
Cracovia
Spurz
Reds
Lusos
Van Utd
Westside Knights (new)
Westside Rangers

2B

Burnaby Wolves (new)
Cliff Ave
C-Men
Rainforest FC (new)
Ridge Shooters
Roma
SFU Utd
Surrey Dynamo
Westside Bulldogs
Westside Originals

A bit of shuffling; noted the following teams have packed it in: Inter Steaua, PoCo Blues, and most surprising ICSF Inter.

Discuss....

Trece

wizard_id

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A

CAI
Earwax
Covercrete
Cracovia
Spurz
Reds
Lusos
Van Utd
Westside Knights (new)
Westside Rangers

2B

Burnaby Wolves (new)
Cliff Ave
C-Men
Rainforest FC (new)
Ridge Shooters
Roma
SFU Utd
Surrey Dynamo
Westside Bulldogs
Westside Originals

A bit of shuffling; noted the following teams have packed it in: Inter Steaua, PoCo Blues, and most surprising ICSF Inter.

Trece

Hello Everyone,

As Trece Verde mentioned, Inter Steaua of VMSL Masters (over 35s) Division 2B folded. Unfortunately, I was a victim of their folding. So, now I am looking for a new team for September.

I am in reasonably good physical shape and am a fast runner. I am playing soccer 3 teams/week, running 3 times/week, and riding my bicycle a few times/week. Also, I have managed to find a team to play Soccer with in the annual August 2009 Kamloops Tournament.

I play soccer every Saturday with a group of guys aged 19-76, who play soccer near the old boys' prison across from BCIT. Within the past 3 Saturdays, I have scored 2 goals, playing soccer as Striker.

I have already talked to Trece Verde and am attending his "tryout" practises during the month of August. However, I want to leave my options open to make sure I find a team. If you have room for one more on your team, please contact me.

Thank you.:)

Ian

idmcintyre@shaw.ca

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Everyone,

As Trece Verde mentioned, Inter Steaua of VMSL Masters (over 35s) Division 2B folded. Unfortunately, I was a victim of their folding. So, now I am looking for a new team for September.

I am in reasonably good physical shape and am a fast runner. I am playing soccer 3 teams/week, running 3 times/week, and riding my bicycle a few times/week. Also, I have managed to find a team to play Soccer with in the annual August 2009 Kamloops Tournament.

I play soccer every Saturday with a group of guys aged 19-76, who play soccer near the old boys' prison across from BCIT. Within the past 3 Saturdays, I have scored 2 goals, playing soccer as Striker.

I have already talked to Trece Verde and am attending his "tryout" practises during the month of August. However, I want to leave my options open to make sure I find a team. If you have room for one more on your team, please contact me.

Ian

idmcintyre@shaw.ca

I'm sorry but with credentials like that are you sure this league is good enought? :confused: You seriously scored two goals against a 76 year-old. I can't believe Real Madrid aren't calling you yet for their next big transfer.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wizard of Id, based on your last few postings, you seem like a knob, no offense intented. I can't yet question your football skills. Best of luck in finding yourself a team.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wizard of Id, with goal scoring abilities like that you might want to try giving Cliff Ave a shout. I know they had problems finding the net last year, as my good friend Big M used to complain about their lack of finishing!:D

Within the past 3 Saturdays, I have scored 2 goals, playing soccer as Striker.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Everyone,

Ian

idmcintyre@shaw.ca

Guys - I too was considering another team. But, my resume looks a little different. I have been drinking non-stop all summer, smoking the hippy lettuce, eating crab-cakes and beans to fuel my new talent of making farts into words. I can now call for a cross without even opening my mouth. I can also fool defenders into thinking their team mate has told them to "dummy" and the ref can't even blow me for it. Lastly, with all the drinking, I have perfected falling down.

Any takers?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the ref can't blow you, what's the point?

At this stage of our lives, we strive to take all that we can get.

:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play soccer every Saturday with a group of guys aged 19-76

Surely this is what TTP is all about!

That could very well be the best piss take of 2009:eek:

Good luck in your search........I am sure the phone is just ringing off the hook!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play soccer every Saturday with a group of guys aged 19-76

Surely this is what TTP is all about!

That could very well be the best piss take of 2009:eek:

Good luck in your search........I am sure the phone is just ringing off the hook!

This is a good one, but without a doubt, the best piss-take this year was JAGS on Larrsson with the Wikipedia comeback on the Calgary Callies - Mike Hunt-Sneddon aka Iain Muppet: Assistant to the Assistant Manager :D:D:D

Looks to me that the info on Wikipedia is accurate .......

Well, at least for the Assistant Coach:D

Calgary Callies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0