Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way......our ref was Bronco. All the guys afterwards said he was the best ref we've had so far so kudos to you, Bronco. Always was right there when the call had to be made which is a very nice change.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantubby ....... go back to the Miller's League where you belong, where you get to change in the parking lot at Eldon. You have no idea of any of the details of what went on with the change room situation, so keep the editorial comments to yourself and your blow up sheep. Are we embarrassed about not having a key for a 2nd change room??? Yes, but that is what we are dealt with by WV Muni. We are lucky to have even one changeroom, which holds about 10 guys and we actually had 21 at the game. Sapp were more than welcome to join us (like all other fcuking teams have) in the room before and especially after the match for a shower and a pint. ALL other teams never have a problem joining us is for a post game pint, but Sapp. Maybe it's because we get treated like Royalty when we get to have such great changeroom facilities like Queen's Park (no pints and a changeroom the size of Planks Van) or Mercer Stadium, where the breezeway is considered a changeroom. Look at your own backyard before you comment on others. Teams like Westside, Surrery, Firemen/Metro etc. have no issue coming in and sharing the changeroom. Maybe Sapp felt a little sheepish about a cheap shot punch by one of their players to come and have a few. I am sure WAB will comment about that and justify by saying it was a dirty tackle. Well, I will say that 'yes' it was a bad tackle, but a yellow was all that was justified. To respond with a punch is unacceptable. It is over 30's man. Go take your 'hand bags at 5 paces down to Granville Street. WAB, is punching a guy ok? I am glad we got the win, but it was an ugly night. To have a muppet like Fantubby come on here and cast dispersions (grab your thesaurus) on WVFC and Sir M is totally out of line. Let's roll back the film ............ WVFC tries to find a spare key for a changeroom they have no access to because of West Van Muni (phone Pamela Jones WTF is her name). No key found. Sapp guy comes by to say "can we use the changeroom." Sir M responds "Yes, but right now I am just having a chat with my Team". Sapp never comes back to the room before or after the game. At no point did anybody on WVFC say anything like "Fcuk off Sapp, it is our changeroom and go change in the parking lot". Fantubby, look forward to our next visit with you guys and trust you will have the changerooms at your spot re-carpeted and the bifanas and Super Bock will be flowing for free. Fantubby does not rhyme with 'muppet', but pretty close.

JAGS

Mr. Base, any chance of a paragraph at some point? Cheers.

:D

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags......nice novel there:D I've never seen so much whining over a changeroom before...wow:wa:

Congrats on the win Sir M.....guess WAB is putting together his post game thoughts......still:D

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now Captain...I can think of a few quality CS 0625 hrs posts over the years .

Glass houses...:D

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Captain Shamrock, Im sorry I think you misunderstood, Could've not should've won. Also did you know Dario Kuna reffed the game? Now theres a name from the past.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course, I think JAGS' post was as he was just waking up...JAGS are you in Hawaii now?

PS I dropped by a couple of Prem games and Div 1 games today a bit while it was slow at work. It must be really hard for some of these guys to play Masters on Friday and then Prem or Div 1 the following day.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know changing rooms had become such an issue - couldn't believe Surrey last night - not only do they partially turn out the lights 3 times during the game and leave them off for 10 minutes at a time (for which a protest has been filed) - they turned out the changing room lights at 11PM.

Fanta - that is quite the attack - are you really going forward with the petition to only allow teams with changing rooms into the League ? ... where does that put Wickham ?

Jugs - could you expand on your thoughts a little more

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know changing rooms had become such an issue - couldn't believe Surrey last night - not only do they partially turn out the lights 3 times during the game and leave them off for 10 minutes at a time (for which a protest has been filed) - they turned out the changing room lights at 11PM.

Fanta - that is quite the attack - are you really going forward with the petition to only allow teams with changing rooms into the League ? ... where does that put Wickham ?

Jugs - could you expand on your thoughts a little more

The lights didn't go out man. You were having mini-strokes......for ten minutes at a time. :rolleyes:

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portuguese 4 Westside 2

Beautiful sunny day with a light breeze... Playing on hillcrest was like playing on frozen grass! Absolutely impossible to have a nice clean flow to the game...

The portuguese started off the game with a little bit of ball possession and started going forward pretty fast... A few quick attacks and we ended up going up 2-1 at half! Portuguese with most of the play but also alot of sloppy play! Westside started picking the game up in the second half but to no evail, we pick it up and make it 3-1... With about 15minutes to go Westside gets a lucky bounce as our keeper mishandles the ball. Game at 3-2 when we counter attack and go up 4-2!

Probabley our worst game in the last 5 but we managed 4 goals and rolled all 20 players into the game! 2 goals each for Batista and the Arabian prince.. Honourable mentions goes to the fijian flash and peschi. Also great coaching by Sargent Roger...

Onto Richmond next week as it will be a huge game for both teams!

PS: I also saw a few people watching the game still with their halloween costumes on... one sitting in a parked car and another hiding in the trees! Wasn t the best of games to watch but hopefully you enjoyed the nice weather.

Also kudos to Westside for letting us share their changing rooms...:)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another version:

PCOV 4 Westside 2

I was doing a rare weekend shift today, and I noticed that there had been a bit of a spike in laptops been taken out of Range Rovers out at 27th and Ontario. Thinking that maybe Lamar et al had somehow drifted into the Riley Park area, I decided to cruise by. Cruising south on Ontario, I decided to take a right on Peveril, and to my left I saw a little guy with black sweats, a yellow top, and a starting to grey a bit mullet, banging his six studs loudly against the metal post. Two teams were playing soccer, one side in dark blue with white socks, some of the players with one eyebrow, some with unusually large noses, while others had their socks pulled up over the knee. The other team had quite a few meaty, and quite a few bald, guys with one big one up front who kept falling to the ground and yelling all of the time. They were wearing white tops, black and black below. Everyone was Caucasian on that team, while the former seemed to be sprinkled with players of various ethnic backgrounds. It appeared that the referree was wearing an auburn hairpiece.

So I eased the big black cruiser to the south side curb, and had a look. It was a very entertaining game. The blue side were dodgy defending, but did an admirable job of literally tearing apart the white team's central defence on the counterattack, who were stressed by the pace of the blue side. The little yellow shirted cleat banging goaltender for the white team had no chance on any of blue team's goals. The referree, who I have not seen in the VMSL (I have seen him in BCs, I think he is an FVSL ref), was poor: he seemed to either be guessing or afraid to make a call. He called back a clear goal for the white side after the big balding fellow that falls down a lot flicked a ball onto a spritely Scottish guy (one of the the leanest, along with the quick German guy) on the white side who ran from 6-7 yards off of the ball and scored...oops...offside! That one could have been a game turner, I think that one would have made it 2-2. But I could be wrong, as I was scanning the horizon for any sign of Lamar and his crew of juvenile delinquents. Then there was a clear handball in the box by the younger looking blue team, and this time the head official did not blow the whistle. Boy, were the white team angry, and rightly so. Shortly after that, at the far end, the blue side scored on a goal which the white team protested was offside. I could not tell from my vantage point, as I was scanning the area for any sign of Lamar and his crew. Right when I get a glimpse of a rather suspicious looking ragamuffin off to the west about a block, this guy pulls up beside me and starts talking about "changeroomgate":

I tell him to beat it, but now visual contact is broken with the waif to the west. But my attention is drawn to the slightly limping quick guy with the white socks pulled up over the knees. High socks, after probably a straight half dozen squandered corner kicks by the white side and a goal after the little bald goaltender for the blue team either got fouled and it wasn't called, (or just made a mess of it), embarrassingly megs one of the beefy defenders. He, now completely unmarked from forty or so yards out, flies down the right flank, and has a cheeky and quality finish off of the far post, much to the dismay of the yellow shirted goaltander.

From what I saw, the officiating made a difference, but the pace of the blue team got them the win, and the blue team deserved it as they finished almost every chance they had very well.

Lamar, I am all over you and your group of punks, scramble back to where you came from, or you will getting a frequent flyer pass to the crowbar hotel.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabully said:
Probabley our worst game in the last 5 but we managed 4 goals and rolled all 20 players into the game! 2 goals each for Batista and the Arabian prince.. Honourable mentions goes to the fijian flash and peschi. Also great coaching by [size=+2]Sargent Roger[/size]...

Fantabully said:
Also kudos to Westside for letting us share their changing rooms...

How did you manage in that small changing room? All the Westside players plus 20 of you. Hell man only Rogers take half of that room :D

Pac2010

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hell man only Rogers take half of that room :D

Pac2010

Not to sure if your referring to our roger? But he has leaned out pretty good and is a coaching machine!! He is attending bootcamp on a reglular basis... His is looking sooo good they are callin him Sargent Roger! Kudos to Sargent Roger who is also undefeated in his last 6 games:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0