Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div. 2 (2008/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late Predictions.

Looking forward to our boys getting back to winning ways but you never know about the All-Stars.

PCOV vs SFU
Poco Blues vs Van Utd (home pitch atvantage wins this)
Roma vs New West
BFC vs Caribbean
Killarney vs Poco Celtic (tempted to say draw but can't)

Ajax vs Van Eagles
Inter vs Westside C
Westside B vs Shooters
GFC Seamen vs Cliff Ave

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Celtic 6 - Kilarney 0

beautiful day for a game today
went up by 4 early and let off the gas a little after that, I will say it before trece does...kilarney hit a cross bar in the second half after going down a man.
they played hard all game and a good bunch of guys

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC 3
Caribbean All Stars 1

Poor pitch to play on but what a great day. By the way the VMSL Excellent Site has our score wrong. We did win 3 -1 not lose. We were down 1 nil though.

Before they scored their one we had 2 called back. One for a mystery offside from a corner and then one where apparently our player obstructed the goal keeper by jumping up to head the ball. In fairness our player said he understood how the obstruction call could be mistaken but the other one we still wonder. Corner in hearder bobbled with ball droping to penalty spot with shot at keeper and he spilled it where our player put it in. apparently John didn't see their guy standing on the post.

CAS played hard and were fully deserving of the 1-1 half time score. second half we collected ourselves and if it were not for their keeper who subbed in after an injury on the second goal. Saved a penalty even.

3-1 deserved win.

Anyone know if the PCOV vs SFU score is correct??

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC 3
Caribbean All Stars 1

Poor pitch to play on but what a great day. By the way the VMSL Excellent Site has our score wrong. We did win 3 -1 not lose. We were down 1 nil though.

Before they scored their one we had 2 called back. One for a mystery offside from a corner and then one where apparently our player obstructed the goal keeper by jumping up to head the ball. In fairness our player said he understood how the obstruction call could be mistaken but the other one we still wonder. Corner in hearder bobbled with ball droping to penalty spot with shot at keeper and he spilled it where our player put it in. apparently John didn't see their guy standing on the post.

CAS played hard and were fully deserving of the 1-1 half time score. second half we collected ourselves and if it were not for their keeper who subbed in after an injury on the second goal. Saved a penalty even.

3-1 deserved win.

Yes, it is correct.......I reffed the game. :)

SFU were full value for the win as they battled all over the field...and it seemed PCOV just couldn't get it going today particularly when they tried to play out of their end. Overall, it was a pretty entertaining game. :)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it is correct.......I reffed the game. :)

SFU were full value for the win as they battled all over the field...and it seemed PCOV just couldn't get it going today particularly when they tried to play out of their end. Overall, it was a pretty entertaining game. :)

Two good sides. Glad to see they managed to get through the full match with no shananagans! Thanks for the post Capatain!

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC 3
Caribbean All Stars 1

Too bad on the scoreline;) we could have used that result. great score in the PCOV and SFU game though.
Looking forward to seeing Roma again this weekend after the shocker at Adanac earlier this year.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad on the scoreline;) we could have used that result. great score in the PCOV and SFU game though.
Looking forward to seeing Roma again this weekend after the shocker at Adanac earlier this year.

I bet you and your boys were licking their chops with our result as a loss :Dand PCOV losing as well:p. I know I would have....how disapointing to read my post I should think:eek:!

I was out to watch the Roma match versus New West because NW is the only team we have not seen this year. Roma Played with 10 men and were up 1-0 when I left to go to my match. NW are really not very good....or at least the squad they had out this weekend wasn't. Apparently a very bad injury that ended with one of NW players leaving by ambulance.

I have to say I think the Celt's are the Sleepers in this title race right now. We beat you 2-0 day one but know we will be in tough against you in the Make up. We just hope we get by PCOV with a win to create a small cushion on top. That would put us 2 points clear with a game in hand. It will be tough

Our next 4 matches we have:

PCOV
Poco Blues
SFU
Van Utd

Van Utd and Poco Blues are underrated by thier record in my opinion.

blasted tie

Oct 30, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blues 3
van u 4

finally, some spirited play by van u. 1 -1 after 45. Vanu went up 2-1. blues quickly replied. Vanu up again by 3-2. Van u went down to 10 men with a mystery call by ref. Blues replied moments later 3-3. Van u scored with one man down at about 85 minutes. Last five minutes heavy pressure by blues but could not convert. Some brutal play in the last minutes. Blues have two good strikers who convert when given the opportunity. Van u seemed to play as a team for the first time this season.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blues 3
van u 4

finally, some spirited play by van u. 1 -1 after 45. Vanu went up 2-1. blues quickly replied. Vanu up again by 3-2. Van u went down to 10 men with a mystery call by ref. Blues replied moments later 3-3. Van u scored with one man down at about 85 minutes. Last five minutes heavy pressure by blues but could not convert. Some brutal play in the last minutes. Blues have two good strikers who convert when given the opportunity. Van u seemed to play as a team for the first time this season.

Welcome aboard Balasted. Hmmmm..........i wonder where that name came about from :rolleyes:.

I find your teams record very confusing. We watch you play before us on home weekends and honestly think your team is miles better than your points record......but I think you know that.

Question: Did Poco have a full squad out then...plus subs? They are a descent side themselves and do have some skilled guys but I beleive numbers are an issue some weekends.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome aboard Balasted. Hmmmm..........i wonder where that name came about from :rolleyes:.

I find your teams record very confusing. We watch you play before us on home weekends and honestly think your team is miles better than your points record......but I think you know that.

Question: Did Poco have a full squad out then...plus subs? They are a descent side themselves and do have some skilled guys but I beleive numbers are an issue some weekends.

I would agree about the Blues in that I thought the record would be better...they have the 4 or 5 guys that make up the latin connection and those guys are very skilled. On the flip side thay also have about 3 or 4 total plonkers that bring down the team with the way they play and act on the park. The worst being the long haired pear that plays in the middle of the park that fouls every one in sight and then cries when he is on the recieving end of a hard tackle. Guys like that don't inspire confidence on the park, it just leaves the others shaking their heads.
In saying that, I agree with numbers they could win any given weekend. But here is hoping they don't.;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "Latin Connection" are skilled offensive players but they couldn't find their own end of the field even with a road map, GPS and directions. Against us, they spent the whole 2nd half hanging centre, y no ayudando su equipo defensivamente.:rolleyes: Wee Baldrick in the middle (Ingerlish twat!) is a complete waste of skin.

Really pains me to say this, but Celtic is a much better team than the Blues (at least this year).

blasted tie:

We'll see you Sunday at your mud pit. Can we watch Troy and Billy have another scrap?:D

Trece

blasted tie

Oct 30, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yea, poco had a full squad and yes thier centre midfielder is a complete tool.

Re: Troy and Billy scraping... doubtful and resolved. I am confused by our record also... then again when players on the same team scrap after loosing games it is no great surprise that we're on the lower half of the table. The entire team is undergoing hypnosis now (i.e. finding our happy place) and hopefully we'll win some games. Looking forward to sunday.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea, poco had a full squad and yes thier centre midfielder is a complete tool.

Re: Troy and Billy scraping... doubtful and resolved. I am confused by our record also... then again when players on the same team scrap after loosing games it is no great surprise that we're on the lower half of the table. The entire team is undergoing hypnosis now (i.e. finding our happy place) and hopefully we'll win some games. Looking forward to sunday.

Scrap between team mates usually is an indication of something. To be all honest we had team division issues last year and it destroyed our 2nd half of the season. This year we have added a few players and changed our team culture and approach this year and it has made a huge difference. Lets hope the snow lays off on Friday and we have agreat day for footy on Sunday. Nice to see you on board and adding to the game reports and banter.

Poco Blues centre midfielder..............I might know who you are talking about.

Fordinho

Apr 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get it straight - some of the negatives in the team are still being worked through - the permanent removal of your yellow boots being one of them, someone else keeping their shirt on (in sub zero temperatures) being another.

Despite the scrappy elements on Sunday it wasn’t too bad a game against CAS. The sad bit for me was that my first and second (legitimate) goals of the season quickly became zero again – thanks John. He did say I could tell my family I scored after the game as he had got it wrong – then he had the cheek to take one of our beers. Cheers!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get it straight - some of the negatives in the team are still being worked through - the permanent removal of your yellow boots being one of them, someone else keeping their shirt on (in sub zero temperatures) being another.

Yellow boots = 1 goal (last game of season) no yellow boots = 3 goals in 8 matches played to date.

GOOD POINT Fordinho. Save the legit goals for this weekend:wa:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fordinho:

Father John is supposed to ask before he takes a beer. Tell him the next teams he refs can take it off his game fee:D (yes John; we know it's all your wife's money).

Trece

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fordinho:

Father John is supposed to ask before he takes a beer. Tell him the next teams he refs can take it off his game fee:D (yes John; we know it's all your wife's money).

Trece

Yes Father John. Our first time having him this year. Thank god we have not had Sir. Stands around Alot or captain Center Cirlcle!:bronco:

celtic8

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the VMSL website, it says New West Reds beat PCOV 2-0. Can anyone confirm this? They have been known to get it wrong.

Fordinho

Apr 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the VMSL website, it says New West Reds beat PCOV 2-0. Can anyone confirm this? They have been known to get it wrong.

We have that exact same feeling, particularly as we have had this happen to us twice already this season.

If this is in fact correct, I would have to say it was the surprise of the day... and nicely puts us back to being masters of our own destiny !

:eek:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little info on our Match:

Bombastic FC 5
POCO Blues 0

A match we controlled 100%. They started with 10 men, went down to 9 for 15 minutes and then back up to 10 with a late arrival.

Heavy rains started in the 2nd half and the ref called the match due to field conditions & to save the field. Score would have been 7 -8 nil if full match was played I think. Refs decision and POCO happy to stop running around.

They are a good side with some good players but they need to have a full team to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0