Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div. 2 (2008/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roma 3 Us bagel:mad:

Got caught in the torrential downpour (it hailed on us) and then it cleared off and was actually sunny by the end of the game. For once, no crossbars, although we did ring one off the post...:rolleyes: It's just been that kind of year. We had our starting keeper back between the pipes again, but he had too much rust to knock off, and gifted them 2 of the 3 (by his own account).

Lusos & the Reds were on after us, so we all went over to heckle. 0-0 at the half, and we ran out of carbonated hop-based beverages, so had to head out. Don't know what the final actually was; the Reds' keeper was standing on his head for most of what we saw, and Lusos missed a sure one on a breakaway in the first couple of minutes of play.

Celtic8: you're supposed to refer to it as The Most Excellent Site... it's traditional on here...

Onwards and downward...

Trece

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roma 3 Us bagel:mad:

Got caught in the torrential downpour (it hailed on us) and then it cleared off and was actually sunny by the end of the game. For once, no crossbars, although we did ring one off the post...:rolleyes: It's just been that kind of year. We had our starting keeper back between the pipes again, but he had too much rust to knock off, and gifted them 2 of the 3 (by his own account).

Lusos & the Reds were on after us, so we all went over to heckle. 0-0 at the half, and we ran out of carbonated hop-based beverages, so had to head out. Don't know what the final actually was; the Reds' keeper was standing on his head for most of what we saw, and Lusos missed a sure one on a breakaway in the first couple of minutes of play.

Celtic8: you're supposed to refer to it as The Most Excellent Site... it's traditional on here...

Onwards and downward...

Trece

Hmmmmmmm. Maybe the result is true..............I still can't beleive it until the result stands for 3 weeks on the Most Excellent Site.:wa:

I have to say I have only seen New West play once but they look the poorest club in out group. They have a couple of players but overall their first touch and team shape is a billboard for why they should have kept a Div 3. Seriously Trece, wouldn't your boys be happier battling it out for promotion this year from div 3 rather than struggling in the bottom of our Division. Your lot is probably the best of our bottom 3 and on the given day would give Poco Blues a run for their money (especially when they play with 8 players).

I don't know what they were thinking to be honest.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo Celtic 7 - Caribbean 0

bad field and really Caribbean are just a bad team. they showed up to their own home park with 10 guys and tried to get the game cancelled after we drove to Oak and 41st from Poco(well most of us)
One of our guys on the sidelines was talking to guy who said he played for them last year, mentioned that about 6 or so guys quit becasue of team politics????
I don't even know what that means but I guess the final result is they have 9- 12 guys at a game each week, funny that reminds me of a certain Celtic team last year:rolleyes:

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmmmm. Maybe the result is true..............I still can't beleive it until the result stands for 3 weeks on the Most Excellent Site.:wa:

I have to say I have only seen New West play once but they look the poorest club in out group. They have a couple of players but overall their first touch and team shape is a billboard for why they should have kept a Div 3. Seriously Trece, wouldn't your boys be happier battling it out for promotion this year from div 3 rather than struggling in the bottom of our Division. Your lot is probably the best of our bottom 3 and on the given day would give Poco Blues a run for their money (especially when they play with 8 players).

I don't know what they were thinking to be honest.

Georgie, we were talking about the the same thing after our game with Caribbean, I think you will see more masters teams in the next few years as some younger guys make the move. They may have to change back at that point to accomadate the new teams
who knows????

celtic8

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods,
I've noticed you've changed your location from "middle of the park" to "buffet line". How fitting!! How's the hangover? How you didn't get man of the match Sunday is beyond me:rolleyes:

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods,
I've noticed you've changed your location from "middle of the park" to "buffet line". How fitting!! How's the hangover? How you didn't get man of the match Sunday is beyond me:rolleyes:

I felt buffet line was more fitting of my image...as for man of the match well I'm pretty sure you have to break a sweat and or go back in the game after you have been pulled from the pitch by your manical, slavedriving, beer swilling coach!!!:D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reply I was writing vanished into the ether...

Georgie:

We did give them a run for their money last time we played them, and with a full 11 on the pitch - tied game....:rolleyes:

Actually, we did think we were ready to make the jump up. We finished 3rd last year, 2 points out of promotion, so there was a lot of fire in the belly looking forward to this season. Trouble was, we didn't improve the squad enough, and actually lost critical players in each position due to injuries (fcuk, we're old!) and family issues. As has also been documented here, our finishing has been abysmal even taking into account the number of shots we've had that have gone off the woodwork.

Looking for better results after we get #1 midfielder back from Mongolia...

redwoods:

manical, slavedriving, beer swilling coach

you've got one too?:D

Trece

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie, we were talking about the the same thing after our game with Caribbean, I think you will see more masters teams in the next few years as some younger guys make the move. They may have to change back at that point to accomadate the new teams
who knows????

I do know one of the reasons was to assist teams that move to O35's move up to top divisions as fast as possible. The league rule is you start in the bottom division and go from there. We did this two years ago before we all hit 45 so we could stand a chance to get our "Club" into Div 1. year one we played very well in Div 3 and moved up to Div 2. Last year we stumbled and then they eliminated Div 3 and you know were we sit now. Our club could have two O35's in two more years possibly.

I think they missed the boat in creating two Div 2's. Satisfying the new incoming clubs (favourites) opposed to greatign an experience that works for all teams.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we go into the New Year in control of our own destiny but by no means a definite to win the division. Lots of tough Games left.

After 2/3 of the season played I rank Poco Celtic & PCOV with the only chance of winning the division title with ourselfs (BFC). Roma I don't rate but they can't be ignored either. I don't really know how they are above Van United to be honest. SFU have an outside chance but they require us to tank and for them to gain a full 18 points from their remaining 6 matches.

Surprises of the season so far............New West beating PCOV. Would love to know if they played short or just did not get the support from their premier team that week.

Van United definitely under acheiving as well as Poco Blues to a lesser extent due to the fact they just never seem to get the numbers out.

So the big question is who will win the title? I beleive only one team goes up from each group now we have 2 Div 2 Groups.

Bombastic FC
Poco Celtic
PCOV
Roma
SFU

Matches Remaining

BFC-------------------Poco ----------------PCOV-------------------Roma
New West--------------BFC-------------------Poco Blues--------------SFU
Poco Celtic-------------Roma-----------------BFC---------------------Poco Celtic
PCOV------------------PCOV------------------Poco Celtic-------------Caribbean All-Stars
Van Utd----------------Poco Blues------------Roma-------------------PCOV
SFU Utd----------------Van Utd---------------Caribbean All-Stars------Poco Blues
Killarney Spurs----------SFU Utd---------------Killarney Spurs----------Van Utd
New West

The key to all of our title chances are the head to head matches between BFC, Poco Celtic and PCOV. If any of the teams sweep those matches then in my opinion that team will most likely go on to be champions. Should we win one of those matches and draw the other then we should manage to gain enough points from our remaining matches to win the title (easier said than done) How will the snow layoff effect each team I wonder??

I think PCOV have the lighter Schedule of all of us with our schedule next then Roma. Poco Celtic will have to get the job done with their schedule pure and simple. They have no matches left against the 3 bottom teams although Killarney is never a gtd win. Some days you will rack up a score and other weeks they will push you to the limit. POCO are going stong right now based on their last results. Yes weaker teams played but convincing wins.

My prediction is the following Standings for top 3

Bombastic FC
Poco Celtic
PCOV

or

Poco Celtic
Bombastic FC
PCOV

Fordinho

Apr 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Georgie - I thought I would check in and notice that you have put a lot of thought into this (your brain must be hurting).

Now if only we could get a game in, we could find out how the league will pan out for real.

It was such a terrible day for football yesterday at David Lam - mild, dry, 1/2 decent looking pitch...:confused: :confused: :confused:

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drove by Mclean over the weekend, doesn't look any where near ready to have a game on it. Might be the 6" of frozen snow covering the field still!

was hoping they were goingto schedule more games at Hastings this week but I guess there are only so many times to go around
Would really like to get back to playing, my rust has rust:rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my rust has rust:rolleyes:

Can definitely relate to this statement...:rolleyes:

We had our first training session on Tuesday. Two players went for a header (no, I wasn't one of them) and collided. Spent the next 3 hours in Burnaby General with one of them (broken nose). Delta Parks Board is definitely not going to like the amount of blood he left behind on the turf...

Fingers crossed that we are going to get to play this weekend.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fingers crossed that we are going to get to play this weekend.

no chance games go at Mclean this weekend or Queens Park for that matter, so it seems you might be the only game on.

With tempatures not warming up in the near future and no rain it seems bleak that games will be playing any time soon.

celtic8

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods,
If you want to knock off some of the rust, try coming to training every once in a while.....:eek:

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods,
If you want to knock off some of the rust, try coming to training every once in a while.....:eek:

what is this training you speak of???

Actually the last 2 weeks I have been in tropical Alberta during the week, hoping to be in town next week. You have no idea how bad I need to kick someone for attempting to go past me:D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 in a row scheduled on Hastings North this Sunday, according to The Most Excellent Site. Don't know what kind of shape the pitch is going to be in for Sporting vs Westside's CAT game at 2, but I doubt it'll still be nice to play on...:rolleyes:

Also see 2 scheduled for "McClean," which must be just off Lonsdale.:rolleyes:

Good luck to all getting games in,

Trece

celtic8

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods,
training has been changed to Leigh Elementary for the rest of the season, 7pm not 8:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0