Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 2] Results & Banter 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Masters 2 a

Hopefully Trece didn't kick you too much....he is known for that in East Van!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK - guess I should have let the kids kick you more often when they were practicing...:rolleyes:

Behemoth:

as I stated in my last post, we got exactly what we were expecting - 10.5 functional bodies. Howie's got an exceptional heart, but he's still getting used to his new feet.

Also as I predicted, we hit less crossbars than previously.:rolleyes: However some things never change:

1. We still can't get enough people out for the first game of the season.
2. We still have guys showing up moments before kick-off.
3. Our first game always seems to be against the Reds.
4. Warren is still a mouthy twat who doesn't know what he's talking about.:D

At least the bevvies were cold and the bbq hot.

Hopefully better news for us next week.

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thought I would open this up to Masters 2B as well...

Westside Originals 4-1 Surrey Dynamo

We have a few new faces and it was a fun game to get to know each other. Surrey gave us some problems last year but they only showed up with 13 or 14 against our 19 and it showed as we scored 2 goals later in the second half to put it out of reach. Good clean game to start the year on the right foot. Great to play with my bro again! It's been quite a few years...

Cheers, Peter

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters Div 2] Results & Banter September 2009

Trece, I miss you already. Our Div 1 blog just isn't the same without crossbars, posts, missing players and you:D. Get that lot together so we can banter in the Div 1 Blog.

Your old division foe Celtic and Bombastic started the season like last year. BFC with a win but this time convincingly 4 nil. this week shall be different and a much tougher match. Hope not to see you next year :p

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Georgie:

Hugs and kisses to you too, from Mrs. Georgie - I just left your place.:D

Better result for us against Cracovia yesterday, but still not good enough. They still have the firepower up front, but across the back are almost as dodgy as our lot. Waiting for all these wingnuts we signed to come back from their respective vacations, and for our backline to wake up from its vacation on the pitch. No crossbars yet this year, as previously predicted in this thread.

Azzuri:

If I had intended to kick you, I would have just kicked you. Don't tempt fate, like Cracovia's dancing fool of a latino midfielder did. Not sure which hurt him more: getting clocked while dancing, or getting megged by the same guy two minutes later....:D

Yes, we need to get better. Yes, we have better players than have been able to be available for us so far. Yes, we will provide better results as the season goes on. Or else...:mad:

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece - no crossbars yesterday, or have you given up on keeping track? :)

New West Reds 1 Coquitlam Ajax 1

We owned the first 25 (in my humble opinion!) and were 1 up; despite not creating a lot of goalscoring opportunities. They tied it on an excellent free kick from long range a few minutes later. After that, they took over the rest of the first half.

Second half was fairly even, though certainly not esthetically pleasing. On the day, probably a fair result. Still on track for an unbeaten season :)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not to have to repeat myself:
No crossbars yet this year, as previously predicted in this thread.
but apparently sometimes I have to repeat myself.:rolleyes:

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow, apparently reading comprehension isn't my strong point. I must have been distracted by the talk about Mrs. Georgie. If Georgie's "Best"; it stands to reason that his wife must be pretty good too...

Azzurri's not much of a dancing fool; though he does have those white boots :), that all the "skilled" players wear!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow, apparently reading comprehension isn't my strong point. I must have been distracted by the talk about Mrs. Georgie. If Georgie's "Best"; it stands to reason that his wife must be pretty good too...

Azzurri's not much of a dancing fool; though he does have those white boots :), that all the "skilled" players wear!

Mrs Georgie is top quality........not what she said about Mr. Verde.......apparently couldn't hit the bar.........Cross bars........still NIL:D

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2 - Cliff Ave - 0. That's an early game on a shitty turf, but what a day to do it on. Warmer temperatures were the way to do that game. Both sides had some sniffs, but we finished better, and settled in on a good game.

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

New West Red 3 Vancouver United 0

We continued our positive play today and didn't give United too many sniffs at the old onion bag. A great blast by one of our forwards in the first half and in the 2nd, a Beckham-vs.-Wimbledon-ish chip from Behemoth and a pk gave us our 3. United played a fair bit of long ball with their 'keeper (Troy?) kicking the ball farther than anyone else I have seen in sometime.

A good result for us and a what a great day for footy....

How did you guys do Trece?

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Excellent work by Azzurri and the back line again today. No goals against in open play in 3 games; though they are a bit chippy back there. Not unlike Wimbledon...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Georgie:

I'll have you know that I have hit the bar a number of times. In fact, my team drives me to it on a regular basis...:rolleyes:

Azzuri:

Probably the single worst game we have ever played as a team (let me rephrase that: we didn't play as a team at all).:mad::mad::mad: Willing to give No. 2 and the newest old Westside boys credit; they played the bounces off the gawdawful pitch at Montgomery much better than we did. Atts smelled so bad we let him walk the ball into the goal.

The first half was an absolutely atrocious display of how not to play soccer by both teams; the second half just by us. The defence was porous, the midfield in hiding, and the forwards might as well have not been on the pitch at all. All in all, an absolute shite display. Our clutch guys weren't and those who were missing might want to stay missing the way we are going. Honestly, I thought I played soccer to lower my stress level, not raise it.:mad:

Anyway, still good to see No. 2 again - he's a class act.

At least the beer was cold, and Striker 14's team provided entertainment for us afterward.

Trece

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

...they played the bounces off the gawdawful pitch at Montgomery much better than we did...
Trece

We are at Montgomery this weekend.....which of the three pitches were you on or were they all equally bad?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

We are at Montgomery this weekend.....which of the three pitches were you on or were they all equally bad?

Just be happy you are playing there early in the season. those pitches are shite.........and they only get more shite as the season goes on. If you are the underdog thought...............:wa::wa:

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just be happy you are playing there early in the season. those pitches are shite.........and they only get more shite as the season goes on. If you are the underdog thought...............:wa::wa:

Yes...I recall playing on there in the either December and January and they were horrible....I seem to recall the easternmost pitch is the worst one

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I seem to recall the easternmost pitch is the worst one
That's the one we played on. The one in the middle isn't actually half bad (okay, I admit that only half of it is bad).

The pitch closest to the school (Osler School) is actually a school board field, and so technically isn't part of the park. This is a good thing, as the last time we played there, we had the suspicion that there were elephants buried there (which would account for some of the extremely large irregular lumps out there). The goal posts also come in at a generous 9.5 feet in height (not sure what the school board types were thinking).

Glad that we're playing at home this weekend on the nicest real grass pitch in the city of Vancouver at Hastings. Hoping for some better results this time out...:rolleyes:

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

New West Reds 4 Carribean All Stars 2

Well, Trece wasn't blowing smoke up our arses when he was talking about that horrible excuse for a pitch at Montgomery; what a joke of a pitch. It looks like someone planted 10cm squares of sod every half metre or so and covered them with dusty soil....At least the weather cooperated as it was a great sunny day to be playing....

Nonetheless, we got the 3 points we needed against the All-Stars. The score actually flattered them, as we should have had 7 or so, but failed to finish some sitters :eek: and saw some brilliant saves by their 'keeper. A decent result for us, considering we were missing a few key players.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well, Trece wasn't blowing smoke up our arses when he was talking about that horrible excuse for a pitch at Montgomery; what a joke of a pitch. It looks like someone planted 10cm squares of sod every half metre or so and covered them with dusty soil....
Glad to see that somebody has finally realized that I was telling the truth...:rolleyes:

Another diabolical performance by Weshitthebed FC today against Stranger and Co. We started out well enough, and actually got the first goal of the game (and even on the other team's net for a change:rolleyes:) on a nice through ball as Sparky sent Pock in on a breakaway which he finished nicely into the corner. They countered with a scud that caught our keeper off his line and tied it up. Then things went stupid between our midfield and back line, and we ended up down 3-1.

Changed formation at the half, and along with some inspired haranguing by yours truly, inspired our lot to actually play some football. Note I did say some... Just one play with at least 8 consecutive passes saw the ball in the back of the Rangers' net, and we were back in it. The turning point: we pressed and were awarded a penalty which our designated pk taker declined to take, so the guy who did take it stepped up and promptly made Mr. Coles look like Gigi Buffon by shooting the ball right at him. That, followed by a shot he tipped off the crossbar and over was as close as we were able to get, and then we resumed our regular level of ineptness as we let them put one in off a corner, another through our sweepers legs and under our keeper, followed by a penalty he gave up for mowing one of their forwards. Final 6-2 for the bad guys and Stranger who remained a stranger and didn't come over and introduce himself, even for the standard free TTP pint.

Rangers have a decent team, even if they don't drink enough for this level.:D

Better things are developing in Spurzland, but why the fcuk do they need to take all season to straighten out? At least the sun was out, the smokies were hot and the carbonated hop-based beverages were frosty cold...

Onwards and downwards,

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0