Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 2] Results & Banter 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters Div 2] Results & Banter September 2009

It's all about the flow, Six. All about the flow...

WordSmiths'R'Us

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside O's 1-0 Ridge Shooters

A game that could have gone either way but went ours. We had quite a few chances but they were unlucky as well. We scored on a nice cross and head from Bob to Bob and that was all we needed.

A perfect 4-0 in the standings but we know that quite a few of those points could have gone to the opposition. This is good news as we have a bunch of new guys and we're just getting used to playing with each other so it will only get better.

Cheers, Peter

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow....Vancouver United 6 Crackovia 0....does anyone know the story there ? :confused:

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

...A perfect 4-0 in the standings but we know that quite a few of those points could have gone to the opposition. This is good news as we have a bunch of new guys and we're just getting used to playing with each other so it will only get better....Cheers, Peter

Battle of the Westside clubs (at least at 4 games in) in Masters 2B I see.....

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, once again we are going toe to toe with clubmates. Last year the Rangers beat us in the league standings and then we went to OT in the League Cup...we lost in pennos.

I haven't played the Bulldogs for many years and I look forward to the upcoming darby on the 25th.

Deena, where are you? You usually chip in here once in a while...

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Pete,

I just noticed that a 1-0 result was posted for you guys over Rainforest FC....I'm thinking that since it said 1-0D that it was a default.

What gives:confused:

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

New West Reds 3 Crackovia 0

Another solid effort today. Crackovia has a skilled midfield that gave us a few problems, though they didnt create many chances. Solid effort by the backline again, and some clinical finishing up front. Lots of yellow cards and yapping at the ref by both teams. Good result against a team that isnt at the wrong end of the table - yet.

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Would have posted sooner.....but (munch munch) had to go out to the parents for the 2nd of 3 dinners this weekend....:D

It was a good result, wasn't it behemoth. Your presence and that of some of our more lethal finishers had a positive impact on us.

Your quote re:
... Lots of yellow cards and yapping at the ref by both teams.....

must also be qualified...although we all have to watch our yapping of our friendly officials, this guy continued his tradition of being indecisive, inconsistent and had difficulty controlling aspect of the game.:(

That being said, he didn't affect the outcome of the match, and I guess that's all we can ask for at times.

Hey Trece.....where are you....I want to hear about you guys getting a result...:wa:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Still here...

Just back from dinner with the outlaws myself.

bagel-bagel between us and Covercrete. A few chances to score both ways; we missed a couple of sitters and they banged one off the post, so probably a deserved result. Very evenly played with a fair bit of pace both ways. They have a couple of guys in the back who would rather hack you down than play the ball, which will definitely catch up to them as the season goes on, but for the most part are a fair side despite the fairly harsh criticism of them by the Westside guys.

Man in the middle was a bit dubious both ways; he can keep up, but some of his missed calls left both sides scratching their heads.

Not quite what either side was hoping for but we'll take the point.

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Azzurri,

They called our manager and said they couldn't field a team. They would have had to find a field to replay the game, which we would've preferred, but they decided to default instead. I hope the 1 goal differential doesn't come back to bite us at some point (I can't remember if plus/minus is a factor in ties but I think so..).

So we are 5-0 but, as I alluded to in an earlier post, I'm sure there are teams we've played who are looking for a little retribution...we owe points!

Cheers, Peter

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just waking up this thread...great doubleheader coming up this Sunday at Hillcrest, weather permitting:

10 bells: WS Rangers v NW Reds
12 bells: WS Bulldogs v WS Originals (yeah!)

These are the current top 2's in 2A and B. As I said in an earlier post; it's been a while since I've played the Bulldogs...I wonder if they still whin(g)e like they used to?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter:

Would love to come over to Hillcrest and drink all your single malt, but we have a pressing engagement with the Caribbean Allstars in a Battle for the Wooden Spoon Award. Quiet on here because none of the usual posters played except yourselves.

See from the Most Excellent Site that Onegoalcrete actually found the net against Coquitlam Earwax. Puts a bit more interest in the Wooden Spoon.:D

Do the Bulldawgs still whin(g)e? Don't know; DeenaV hasn't been posting for quite a while,:D and the illustrious Messrs. Metcalfe and Clemens don't grace us with their presence here.

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry for the absence guys; last week's postponement took the wind out of my sails; especially when Sunday turned out to be a half-decent day:(

Re: the doubleheader at Hillcrest - we are really looking forward to the battle with the Rangers; it should be a humdinger

Trece and Peter: any predictions for your games?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well I think we're ready for the Bulldogs, should have a full squad. I predict 2-1 for us...and 3-2 for the Rangers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Azzurri:

I will predict that we will still be at the field long after Caribbean Allstars have left, due to the presence of carbonated hop-based beverages and a BBQ full of Bosa's finest. The pop-up tent was a great invention....

As I stated previously, this is the Battle for the Wooden Spoon. We have a historical edge over CAI, but have invented some new ways to lose games this year, so I will decline to boast about how well our team will do lest it bite us profusely in the Anonymous Soccer Source.

BTW you didn't post a prediction either; "humdinger" is not a recognized score...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sure I do azzurri, I'm looking forward to seeing the last bit of your game whilst strapping on the old boots. The Rangers are a good squad and I can see that you guys are doing well...but having never seen you guys play I am going with the law of attraction. The Secret's out.

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

...so I will decline to boast about how well our team will do lest it bite us profusely in the Anonymous Soccer Source...

Trece: I also will not anger the soccer gods as I am concerned it could bite our "Amazingly Sorry Selection of Ethralling Strikers" as well...

Pete: Fair enough...there were always rumours about the Westsiders:D

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside Rangers 7 or 8 New West Reds 1

Well, apparently I got the short straw, and had to post the game report. Where to begin? Not a bad first 5 minutes, then Rangers scored. After that they dominated virtually the first 25; highlighted by me attempting to dribble around one of their centre mids at our 18. Largely unsuccessful which led to 2-0. We came back into the game a bit but were actually fortunate to be down by "only" 2 at the half.

At the beginning of the 2nd half we decided to play some football and scored on a penalty to make it 2-1. We had an excellent spell for about the first 15, then they scored against the run of the play. After that, they destroyed us on the counterattack, and scored 4 or 5 similar goals. Ball down the flank, cut back to the open guy in the 6.

I'd like to say that we weren't at our best (true), but honestly, they're better, younger, faster and more skilled than us. Not sure what impact this will have on the rest of the season, but rest assured we won't be overconfident in the next one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0