Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 2] Results & Banter 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters Div 2] Results & Banter September/October/November 2009

Westside O's 3-0 SFU

We had to battle an irate, little O-55 guy when Cedar Park in Poco was doublebooked. The guy argued and argued, went home and got a permit and walked right onto the field to talk to the ref about 10 minutes into our game.

After the guy gave up, (I don't think they had 2 full teams or a ref but the guy wasn't giving up...) we tallied one in the first half, then with the glorious sun in the keepers eyes in the second we bagged a couple more to put it away.

We signed a couple of guys who were helping out the A team early in the season and they came in handy...maybe a few too many subs but that's the trade-off.

Looking forward to what might be the game of the season next week against the Bulldogs. They took us the first game but we actually have dropped fewer points and are masters of our future. Quilchena: the prettiest park in the lower mainland, unless it rains!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looking forward to what might be the game of the season next week against the Bulldogs. They took us the first game but we actually have dropped fewer points and are masters of our future.

Peter - are you really masters of your future? It looks like the Knights are with a game in hand and 2 points back? 6 goals against looks stingy.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter - are you really masters of your future? It looks like the Knights are with a game in hand and 2 points back? 6 goals against looks stingy.

It's only a race for top spot on your respective side: 2A or 2B, so the Knights don't impact our side. The Bulldogs on the B side do, though.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well the Knights are playing in a different division so I don't consider them to be too much of a challenge to our future, until cup play. I would agree that 6GA is good and our 8GA isn't bad either and we are tied in +/- at +15. The Knights are in similar shape on their side: being in second place but having dropped less points to date than the first place team.

Either way it's a glut of Westside teams at the top of the tables in Masters Div 2...quite the accomplishment don't you know.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Either way it's a glut of Westside teams at the top of the tables in Masters Div 2...quite the accomplishment don't you know.

This will change...but not if we play like we did on Sunday.:mad:

5-2 for Lusos in the mudpit at Queens Park South. Basically, it looks like all the good work we did scraping our arses off the pavement to get back into playing decent ball went straight out the window. Their ball movement was decent if not spectacular, and they capitalized on our slow defense. Theirs was just as slow, but we didn't bother them anywhere near frequently enough. Granted, we missed Sparky on the day, but one player should never be the difference, even if he is arguably the best midfielder in the division. The rest of us were all 3 seconds too slow.

The only positive point I can take from this display is that even though we were down 3-0 before we got on the board, it wasn't because Lusos took their feet off the gas pedal. The slugs did wake up enough to get two back and played a reasonable 2nd half. Just need to start a game with that same (or higher) intensity level.

I see lots of conditioning work ahead for the slugs in blue...

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Conditioning work? In Masters Division 2? I do hope you're referring to a little extra Herbal Essence in the hair and not fitness, Stew. Although I suppose you could use a bit of both really...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Apologies gents as I thought Peter and Freddy were with the Rangers in 2A. Are you Originals in 2B then?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Apology accepted, bandcamp. Yes, we are the Originals in 2B. There are a couple of us still kicking who are aptly named being in on the inception of Westside way back in '78.

Trece, this Sparky guy is going to get an argument from all 4 Div 2 Westside teams I'm sure...best midfielder indeed...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TaterHeed:

It's not my hair that needs the conditioning; there's not that much left of it as it is. It's our team rotundity that needs working on. Plenty of herb to go around.:D Let's call it a desire on my part not to have this team stuck in Div 2 forever, despite our current abysmal record.

Peter:

Just keeping you on your toes. We do still have a couple of dates with Westside teams upcoming, so we will see how things stack up. At the very least, we intend to tarnish those sterling G/A records. And yes, the guy is good, especially by our low standards.:rolleyes:

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece, Sparky & Co 3; Vinnie, Taterheed & friends 1.

Battle for the wooden spoon in 2A, won (or lost, depending on your perspective) by the good guys for once. Earwax will say that we had help from Father John; to be fair, we got a couple more bounces out of the Random Call Generator than they did, but not so many as to make it one-sided - we're just better behaved. Good to catch up as well with so many friends on another team - better luck next week guys, as long as it works in our favour.:D

With the countdown to extinction for Vancouver's best grass field started, we're trying to savour these opportunities. On to Van Utd next week at probably one of the last games to realistically be played at Andy Livingstone for a while.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WS O's 5-2 Roma

They started with 10 guys, 11th showing up late and had to watch the first half--I don't like this new rule and I don't get what the big deal was with having a latecomer come into the game...the ref should let the guy play and then check his card at the half.

Anyways, it was pretty one-sided, we signed a couple of new old guys in the last couple of weeks and the talent level has risen. We were up 4-0 when they got a break down the left side hit a hard cross into the middle and I, making it look like I didn't mean to, angled the ball deftly off my shin to where our keeper "should" have been...and he wasn't there!! 4-1.

They started pressing for a while and showed great stamina with no subs. One thing about having 19 players at a game is that the continuity can get a little sparse. They got another, 4-2 and then we put it away with the 5th.

I was actually looking to even a little score against one of their players but he no-showed and my karma is probably a better thing for it. Oh yeah, the Bulldogs lost and we move into first place with a game in hand!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

...probably one of the last games to realistically be played at Andy Livingstone for a while.

livingstone is open during the olympics....at least according to the notice i have been provided.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Smallsy:

Yeah, I know it's open, but how are you realistically going to get there? Carry your nets and balls on the SkyTrain? The kids' teams have already rescheduled their games away from Livingstone for the next month, and I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before the big kids' games are as well...

Peter:

Which of Frank's band of merry men could you possibly take exception to? Aside maybe from #17 on defense.....:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Based on past history, do you think Azzi really gives a crap about teams having difficulties getting to games?

I will be shocked if the league takes the Oly_pics into any consideration in the month of February.

I'm expecting to draw WV first round of cup for February 12th in WV 8PM KO. I'll leave at noon to get there.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

yes, i'm anticipating/planning some painful trips with balls, jerseys, nets, flags, bottles, etc. on foot (azzi is no doubt oblivious to the nightmare that this will be).
we play richmond hibs on feb 5th and metro ford there on feb 19th...fun trip in for those boys.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs, I'm aware that he won't give a hoot unless it directly affects him. Ruben and Angelo, on the other hand, are entirely different matters.

Just waiting to see what havoc the first referee cancellation caused by Old Limp Dick traffic generates...:rolleyes:

And another one from the "it could only happen here" files: youth teams (U13-U18) are being able to postpone games during the O__'s if they can't dredge up 12 or more players. Can you imagine WA's reaction to a suggestion like that?:D

It's all fun and Games...

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece, this was a striker who stomped my ankle but I'm over it now...as of noon today.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rather than make a Masters B-Cup and create another low participation thread, i figured it coud just continue on in this one. The draw turned out as follows:

A-Side:
Westside vs. winner of Covercrete/NW Reds
C-Men vs. SFU
Kiights vs. winner of Van-United/Burnaby Wolves
Ajax vs. PCOV

B-Side
Rangers vs. winner of Cracovia/Roma
Caribbean vs. Killarney
Cliff Ave vs. Ridge Shooters
Rainforest vs. Surrey Dynamo

Who will win? Who has it easy? Who has it hard? What happened to the Bulldogs? So many questions . . .

Trickster

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rangers 4 Cracovia 0

Another potential banana skin avoided by the Rangers. To be honest the fact we had subs helped. Cracovia started with 10, with the ref allowing their 11th on after he turned up 10 mins late (still don't get the rule about having to wait til half time).

Next week is probably going to be the title decider with the Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0