Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters' Div 3 - Potholes, puddles, and pisstakes (2011-2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why? So I can talk to myself.

One new team this season, one with a new name, and a bunch of old ones.

Week 1:

Dragons pick up where they left off, getting thumped 7-1 by Croatia (some of the HNK players from last year and some new guys). Rainforest doubles the new guys 4-2 (what is an Astro Legend, anyway?); Goo Boys take Maplewood 2-0 (a bit of a surprise); Reds drop down from Div 2 and tie CAI 2-2, and da Spurz get booted by Surrey Dynamo 4-0.

Not a great start for our guys, but the scoreline belied the flow of play and posession. Dynamo have one player who is a poacher par excellence, and that's all he did - play in the last 20 yards of our half. Game was called at about 80 minutes when Dave Hood of Dynamo broke his leg in a challenge with our sweeper Niall. Get better, Dave.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 2:

The week of the 3-0 scoreline. Rainforest, Croatia, and Dynamo with the 3's, and CAI, Spurz, and Astros with the bagels. Maplewood thumps the Reds 5-1, and the Goo Boys blank the Dragons 2-0.

Lack of bodies for da Spurz caused tired legs as we played with no subs vs. Croatia's 7 extra bodies. 0-0 until 60 minutes in when we just ran out of gas. Maybe Conductor is right about our guys reading the table upside down?

Time to go Dragon hunting!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece Verde, you guys shouldn't be ranked last, as your goal difference is better than the Dragons. I think this is your teams weekend to get your first victory! I'm picking Killarney Spurs to be like Survivor with TV as coach and they are going to be Dragon slayers this weekend!:football:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adanac closed due to the rain and shite pitch conditions - no game for us this morning. Dragon hunting will have to wait for another day.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adanac closed due to the rain and shite pitch conditions - no game for us this morning. Dragon hunting will have to wait for another day.

That field disappoints more players with cancellations or just crappy conditions. There have been some great memories there, without a doubt, but it's September and we already see a pitch closure?

Time for some work to get done.

azzurri

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Division sure is splitting into two halves, isn't it, with the 7 point gap between C-Men and Maplewood being the delineation point.

I'm not sure if our goals against is more of worry, or is our lack of goals?!?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azzuri, same with most of us. We've snatched two ties from the jaws of victory in our last two games (3 own-goals in 2 games; who'd believe it?), and been stinking the place out in the rest of them so far due to some absolutely boneheaded mistakes by our defence.

Maplewood this weekend at the unusually late hour of 2 pm in North Van - is it still daylight at the top of Cap Road by then?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Resurrecting a thread from the dead...

Looks like Croatia is running away with this division - 9/0/0 with only a couple of goals against, and an 8 point cushion on the next closest. Second spot is still quite up for grabs - Dynamo & the Goo Boys tied on 19, Rainforest one behind them, and Maplewood another 3 back from there.

Re the Maplewood game - SCK's still a bum. Are you even playing any more? No keeper, no subs, and the backup backup's backup in between the posts. Respectable game until one of their guys stuck in the corner makes a desparate over the head kick with his back to our net. Our keeper takes a step back and slips in the mud pit in front of the goal; wham! Flat on his back and helpless as he has to watch the ball bounce over his head, dribble off the post and into the back of our net. You can't make this shite up.:( 2-bagel final, and the Riot Act is read.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurz 2 Reds 2. Up 2-0 on the Relegated Ones, and our normally rock-solid :rolleyes: Polish keeper lets one in through his hands - something that only happens when van der Sar is playing in goal. Reds take advantage of a free kick that Eddie Fuchs curls around the left side of our wall and in. Game tied and Coach Howie is starting to take bites out of his United hat. Several miscreants are ripped new ones, and introduced to the bench they will be riding.

Spurz 2 Rainforest bagel. Not in town for this one, but unreliable sources tell me that this is quite a different team from last year's edition without a former pro in the lineup any longer. Boys played well and finally were able to hold down a W.

Spurz 3 Dynamo 1. The scenery around Tom Binnie on a Friday night is always entertaining...

Hat trick for Rosie who finally made his way back into the lineup. 2-0 at the half, and they got one back about 30 in. Not the best at keeping their tempers, and one guy finally lost the plot enough to get himself sent to an early shower. One more for Rosie to seal the deal and now our idjits think they're on a roll. Croatia next week; will there actually be a streak, or will Spurz come back to earth? Or am I just writing this for myself?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Define playing?
Sort of doing the over 40's thing as coaching duties are demanding if you remember?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coaching duties are demanding you to retire? I just remember a little boy named Zack who told me he wanted to be "the dolie.":D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not so strange at all; they do have a habit of getting bigger on you... He must take after his uncle Jamie.;)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speak for yourself Trece...some of us live further out in the burbs and don't own East Vancouver property....
Mr. Westsider wouldn't understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0