Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters March/April 2006 Banter/Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please post your down to the wire/cup etc VMSL Masters banter here...

The big question in VMSL Premier is who will finish 3, 4, 5 (and most likely clinch Provincial spots ultimately) in the VMSL Masters? My guess is West Van Peg and Inter will most likely take the top two spots...not sure what order...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters March 2006 Banter/Results

It looks very tight at the top. We're hoping to get first or second preferably first provided WVFC drop a few games....
and we beat them in our second game. Although the Firemen, Columbus and Westside may have something to say about that.

What's happening with the league schedule as we move closer to cup games??

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK I believe that only Inter can catch WVFC for t op spot but in order for that to occur, WV will have to lose 2 of the last 3, and Inter will have to run the table. The other sides cannot get to first but may be able to get to 2nd...but you guys will have to screw up at least as bad as WV will if you are to lose your spot. The more interesting is 3,4,5, and 6 as I am told that out of VMSL, the top two teams in league are in the BCs, and the 4 cup semifinalists are in, but of course that changes if the #1 or #2 sides get into the semifinals of the cup. So anything can happen there, Div 1 and lower Prem sides still have chances thus far and it would not be surprising at all to see at least one get in...for example it looks like all of a sudden PCOV are getting on form...

Good question re the scheduling though, it would be nice to know more than 5 or 6 days in advance because we are trying to schedule a club poker game (Danny V after taking a bath in Calgary has said he read a book or something and is now in a position to school everyone at cards and get his money back :rolleyes: )...

Good luck to all sides in cup this weekend. Hope the teams in the top side of the draw get the BIG M as the official...you guys are due for suspensions :p

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, Sir M. you are probably right about running the table. Us that is. We can't control what other teams do but that was our fault anyways dropping some points earlier on in the year. However, we might cause you to lose at least one game...
Yes, the Big M. You just can't look at him that's all.

In terms of games left, I recall Columbus having played many towards the end last year. They were probably feeling it at the B.C.'s (hence their loss in Victoria). Hopefully, we won't run into that problem but we do play you, WFC, and Sapp.

SCK

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

sir m....let danny know we have classes at the club every friday night and for him not to forget his wallet...we will teach him how to go all in with a 2 and 5 off suit and win the hand...and unlimited buy in for him only of course...

scp

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK...lets see it should be fun!

SCP...no I am afraid DV is all ours (SCK he is yet to play against you guys this year)...anyway SCP that is a noble offer, but I am afraid that we are in no position to let him head over to the vultures on The Drive...someone who drops that amount of money in that short of a time and then reads a book and believes he can get it all back, well, we can't really let you guys have at him now can we?

PS Sir M is 0 for 1 on his picks so far this week. :mad: Does Besty playing in a friendly count against his BIG M suspension? :p

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M,

What was the result last night?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M.: He can meet our "stone" wall. Is he the one with all of the goals?

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK said:
Sir M.: He can meet our "stone" wall. Is he the one with all of the goals?

SCK

Clark has 15, Danny has 14, neither played last night.

2-2 Regs but it was all of the young guys for them, the only former team mates of yours playing (for the A team) were Shorty and D'aruia. All the other old guys had their hands down the front of their pants holding their groins.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I.C.S.F. Inter 2 Richmond 1

We opened the scoring after dominating the play for the first twenty minutes. They took one of our guys down in the box for a pk. 1-0. We had numerous opportunities to go ahead but we failed to finish our chances. They scored on an own goal with less than ten to go. I think RZ had maybe one shot on goal but he still barked all game long...Congrats to RU for battling all game long. They had few subs and they hung in there. Their keeper made them stay in the game as well. Lobbans are next with their close on against Sapp.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard MF over FF 4-0.

Ouch.

You guys should listen to me more often.

Scotty, BRM still loves you.

:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside over Westside, 3:0.

Catliff with a smooth opening header.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M's excellent Sunday which I figure will have him banished to another a series of trips to the Estate's guest house began as follows...

0910 hrs...phone call from Dickens asking if he wants his mgr to have him pick him up a cup of Tim Horton's to go with his flask of Frangelico to go catch the SFU/Wickham tilt...the answer is yes...So the North Shore Boys are rootiing for Wickham and to be fair, it is not looking good for us Northern types , they are having a really hard time against a bit better SFU side...but then Wickham goes up by one on a really big screw up by the SFU goalie and center back ie almost unsolicited OG :bronco: And then count them 8 secs to go in the game, after quite of spell of pressure, SFU equalizes and its extra time...:mad: Then though our heroes go ahead :knvb: about midway on an extra time counterattack break...and then we left to go to Riverway, but I heard Wickham won, congrats Coleman (you hothead!) Watched a bit of the MF/VFF game after it was 3-0 and the 4th goal VFF were caught up trying to equalize, they had their center back playing striker and it was not Marty and FF was in civs, ...cant tell on what I saw who was better. So on this half, its WVFC vs Wickham, and I figure Westside vs MF...this cup is fun!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well you all know the score....they played great...we were shite! Easy enough to point fingers but what good does it do. Westside better have their A-game going or they could end up like us....maybe not with as many goals against but...best game I've seen Arnie Meers play..by the way..anyone know how many teams he's played for?? It has to be a record! Good luck to the rest of you lot.

Cheers

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

THE QUARTER-FINALS ARE SET...

The Noth Shore Bowl
West Van vs Wickham

WFC Westside vs Metro-Ford Celtic

ISCF Inter vs Lobbans

Columbus vs PCOV

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks SCP for the quarterfinal setup. When do these games get played? I heard there is a lot of rain headed our way. Or, are regular season games on for this weekend? We still need to play three of them.

SCK

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

sck...check the vmsl website for the schedule and updates...it is showing regular season games for next weekend...

Sapperton vs you guys Friday 8pm at Byrne Creek
WFC Westside vs Texas Holdem crew from West Van Sunday 10am Hillcrest
Firefighters vs Columbus 9am BLSCW Sunday...

Sir M...I was told DV was at the River Rock all weekend???

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hes heading to Vegas on Thursday for the weekend...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks SCP. You're always reliable with the minute details.
BTW: Friday nite at Byrne sounds great. How are the lights there compared to Queen's Park? Friday nite games are the way to go. Our CAT team plays there always and they love it. Maybe we can get the park for our home games next season...

Peter: Hope you guys have a good one against Sir M.'s group(full squad or not) We could use a win from you guys. No offence, SM.

Early MOTW will be the Columbus/F.F. game. SS will want to win this one. MF must have been flying at Riverway. One of the ladies said "the men" were being a bit nasty to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0