Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters March/April 2006 Banter/Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters March 2006 Banter/Results

SCK
Don't know who one of the "ladies" was unless you're talking about the women's game beside us but this past weekend's game was nothing like the two we played against MF last year. Lots of bruised and beaten bodies...this year..well..we were just beaten!

Cheers!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

big games this weekend...especially for the last 2 provincial spots... Four Semi-finalists in the Master "A" cup competition will be the VMSL first 4 entries into the cup respectively. The next 2 teams will be determined by placement in the league. For example if one of the semi-finalist would also win the league, then the next place finisher in the Master's Premier Division would advance to provincial competition.

Predictions
FF/Columbus-ff needs a win badly to climb in the standings and a columbus win would guarantee them 3rd place, maybe second if inter decides to go into the toilet in their last 3 games which I can't see...tie

WFC Westside vs Westvan...edge goes to Sir M's Team
Sapperton vs Inter...Inter for them to secure 2nd place and maaaaybeee finish ahead of WV

should be a fun weekend

scp:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big games this weekend indeed. If WV, Inter, Columbus, and Westside win their next games, that leaves a few spots open for grabs. SS may be a happy guy once again.

My picks:

Fri nite Us/Sapp - We will be trying to win this one especially to make things interesting for Sir M's group. We are on the turf which is nice and fast...will have to see who shows up for Sapp?? Hopefully we'll win and get three

Sun. early wakeup -Columbus/F.F. Both teams will really want this one. Columbus are on a roll....SS would probably like the MF game back -F.F. for three

Sun. on the turf?? -WV/Westside -Okay Peter now's the chance to pick up some points from Sir. M
Westside will win in a close one and get the three just to make things interesting...

SCK

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

orange soccer balls are available at tim horton's and you can pick up new air dynamic soccer snow shoe's from rino's on broadway with a slice of pizza included in your purchase and he's also looking for some good men for his 1st div side next year...i think everyone is going to stay home this weekend...sir m is the turf available???

scp

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

it's official all vancouver parks are closed for the weekend...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCP said:
sir m is the turf available???
scp

The only soft artificial surface (OK This opens up a world of possibilities after a bottle of wine or two at the Sir M estate watching Live Aid ... Mrs Sir M away in New York this weekend :wa: ) you will see the old boys involved with out at Ambleside is the Sir M portable hold em table due to be unfolded in changeroom A after the CAT game tomorrow. Danny wants his money back. :rolleyes:

Rumour has it that a few of the Masters old guys may suit up to help out the other old guys on the Prem team this weekend...:D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like it was a quiet game with only Columbus/F.F. playing. A good weekend to ski indeed...

Okay, Inter is scheduled this Sunday against Lobbans on one site and Sapp on the other both at Hastings Bowl??? I see everone else is in Cup games. Is that correct?

SCK

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK said:
Looks like it was a quiet game with only Columbus/F.F. playing. A good weekend to ski indeed...

Okay, Inter is scheduled this Sunday against Lobbans on one site and Sapp on the other both at Hastings Bowl??? I see everone else is in Cup games. Is that correct?

SCK

Columbus is playing PCOV? No? I'm supposed to be reffing that game.........:confused:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK:

According to last correspondence from His Willieship:

West Van vs Wickham
Westside vs Metro Ford
Inter vs Lobbans
Columbus vs PCOV

- all Cup games.

Always go with the version on the "This Week's" page. Ruben updates it first....:rolleyes:

Either way, you lazy gits will have a much easier game than you deserve.:D

Burnsie: off to Riverway with you....

Spurs banished from Hastings (thanks a heap, Dino!) to the nether reaches of Burnaby to play PoCo Blues at Cariboo Turf. Beer available for an Aunty Jinky sighting?

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

TV: Now, now. Italians lazy?? BTW, we've earned the the quarter final match last time I looked at the standings. Never count the Lobbans out especially with their solid goalkeeping.
As for the Bowl, now what would you have done to be excused from it??

SCK

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Excused? There's been no excuse for our play this year...:rolleyes:

We were supposed to have a home game this week to finish off against the ex-Pokes, but you lot have co-opted our half of the pitch at Hastings for your Cup game.

Lazy only because you're getting off the hook from having to play WV/WS/FF in this round. If you guys could score more often (Pot calling Kettle:rolleyes: ) your games against teams like Sap/Lobbans would be easier... I mean, come on, when your leading scorer is some bum named Klarich...:D

Looking forward to the turf burns,

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well today was not a very good day for the West Van Club as a whole, and a lot of it may have had to do with Sir M's poor judgement... This morning, WVFC old boys took on a game Wickham side, and after missing a half a dozen at least gilt edged opprtunities in the 1st half (Wickham's goaltender was as the Celtic/Barca/Swede supporters like to say was Larssonous on 6-8 occasions in the first half), WV Peg went 1-0 up around 35 mins or so, and SirM decided (idiot) to rest some guys to CAT in the big Premier game at 2 PM. Wickham did not quit and equalized at 75 minutes on a 35 yard absolute goal of the week I dare you to do that again swerving dipping 35 yard volley on their 1st shot of the game, 1-1, brilliant. Then we got into a bit of a pouty fit and went into extra time , and once again, against the run of play (but clearly that is the way Wickham plays which is a very good strategy against Peg) they scored on their 3rd shot of the game with 40 seconds to go in the second extra time peroid. 2-1 Wickham final...

And then the old boys that were CATing with the Prem side (at the end of the game there were 10 guys for WV over 33 years, most waaayy over that age for WVFC A, we lost that one too. FCUK. This is not a good day)

On the other hand, maybe we could use the rest. 5 of our top 6 scorers who were absent today should be back within the next 2 weeks...

Wickham good for you, guts, all guts. Full marks.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 5 Lobbans 4 (PK's)

We ended up pulling through but well done to Lobbans for never giving up in the entire game. It looked like we might walk away with this after a very early goal by MC. However, Lobbans managed to get one back quickly. We switched goals again and again and ended up going to PK's where Rob Z. held his own. Their goalie(Billy?) was outstanding once again for them. Columbus is next...

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to you SCK. Columbus/Inter should be a cracker.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 3-2 MF (PK's)

We went up 2-0 early in the first half, could have had more, and then they scored 2 quick ones late in the first half (Meers got loose once and finished nicely). the rest of the game was a hard fought affair, Merks had to come up big a couple of times for us as he always does.

Peno's went to 7 shooters and we finally prevailed (it's been a long time since we've triumphed in spots). Great game and it was fun ending their season...but I'm sure they'll be tough next year in the league they should have been in this year.

Sir M, can't say I'm not pleased to hear of your plight...lots of silverware to go around still. On to Wickham!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter, my advice is (as if you can control this)...put them away early if you can, if we would have (and it is not like we didn't have our chances) it could have been an embarassing scoreline for them, instead it was for us...they are a tough scrappy side, they hang in there when they have no business doing so, don't underestimate them. Good win.

I predict WS will be in the final, against...any cards/suspensions/holidays/injuries this wknd? I am leaning towards Columbus...

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

MF versus Westside was a hard fought battle yesterday. Unfortunately for us (MF) we came up a little short. I think the sun was in Peter's eyes, so I will fill in the rest of the game. Two early goals against, the first deflected off a defender and the second was sloppy defending. As mentioned we battled back to tie it and then had a mysterious offside goal called back with a Westside player standing on their post. We traded a few more chances in the first.

Second half Westside had a few shots from far out but nothing dangerous to speak of. We had 3 or 4 clear cut chances that Merkl made great saves on. Overtime we had a few more great chances and missed a wide open net from 4 yards out with seconds to go. They also had a couple shots but nothing too dangerous. PK's are a crap shoot but Merkl definitely was their man of the match yesterday. Afterwards having pints with a few Westside guys, they even said they were lucky to win. Sorry Peter, I calls em as I sees em.

We are definitely looking forward to next year!

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone know when is the draw for the semis and the schedule for semis and finals??

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Francis no need to apologize, I agree that you guys had the better chances. We missed opportunites as well. But, as it always is when you play us when Merkl's in goal, you have to actually put the ball in the net to get results. It looks easy: big net, relatively little guy—doing it is another thing. We are an "older" team and there's new blood in the league that definitely stretches our ability to defend effectively.

Good luck next year, if you guys had let Phil play things might have been different...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BTW, you've been a member since 2001 and this is your first post?! How long have you played with the Celtic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0