Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note:
The traditional beer bowl winnings (the cooler of beer for the winners) is in jeopardy this year because of the new driving laws. It might very well just be a trophy up for grabs.

You could just have an open cooler for all the fans that will be there watching. Nobody wants to have ice cold beer not being consumed! Not everyone has to drive back to Richmond!

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond and KLM tie, will ppl_mvr be the one to make a difference for Richmond this weekend??

Unfortunately I have been on the IR since the first game and I have not been given the clearance to play again this week! :mad:

My picks:
WS over Wickham by 3
WV will beat Col 2-1 with a late winner
Richmond will beat KLM by 3 (we will finally find the net!)
Surrey over Romania by 2
Sapp will beat PCOV as it is unlikely that PCOV can break the beer bowl curse....it will be closer than WAB thinks tho!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp will beat PCOV as it is unlikely that PCOV can break the beer bowl curse....it will be closer than WAB thinks tho!

well ppl_mvr called this one. Final score was Sapp 5-PCOV 2. In all fairness WAB's head will be bloated by this scoreline. From what I saw PCOV took it to Sapp in the second half but could not bury there chances. #12 for the Pork Chops was all over the place and having a great game, only thing he couldn't do was score. Unfortunately for PCOV, this is the one thing Sapp could do, and that was score on their chances. At the half Sapp was up 1-0. I arrived late and was surprised to see PCOV's center back playing in net for them. He came up big before the half to keep them within 1-0. Than in the second half Sapp was oppurtunistic and made the score 3-0 mid way through the second half. IMO PCOV was outplaying Sapp in the secong half but everytime they made a mistake on the backline Sapp made them pay for it. PCOV than scored 2 goals a few minutes apart and was looking for the tieing goal. As we all know what happens when you push everyone up looking for a goal, Sapp then opened up PCOV on counter attacks to get 2 more and seal the win. Can't believe Bohica called out Fantabulous for not having asthma??:confused: Fantabulous went down as he was short of breath and the Sapp bench was moaning to the ref that he should be subbed off, at this point the score was 5-2. The ref came to check on Fantab, as Fantab let the ref know of his condition and needed a moment to catch his breath. The ball was out of play at this time and the ref stopped the time to let him catch his breath.
After this result, I think the Pork Chops are close to turning this ship around. They have a coach who is willing to take charge and command the players to not only respect the game but each other! Could PCOV change their culture of bitching? Time will tell but if they do, I believe they will start to see results in the win column!!

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fail to see why everyone thinks all these goals will be scored on WV every week? Unless its cuz Notty has been away all this year up to now or something...?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

COL vs WV 3-1

Poor refereering tonight, but after a slow start for Columbus, they sure turned it up in the 2nd half and a well deserved win.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Than in the second half Sapp was oppurtunistic and made the score 3-0 mid way through the second half.
you're hilarious. even in kid's soccer, when the score is 3 bagel, the winning team stops to take a breath.
you must've been that guy on the side screaming everytime no. 12 touched the ball. Like you said "he did everything but score." it was 5-2 for fcuk sakes. i'll be the first to say that he had a decent game, but REALLY.

if pcov got goals for shooting their mouth, they'd be on top of the league. i heard tons of shouts of 'OVERRATED'. I really don't think anyone has rated us except for Sir M and if 6th is overrated then so be it!

funny how they can talk so much trash and then pack it in at the end. typical portuguese team. this is the same PCOV team of 10 years ago; so you know where that'll take you!

as for sam's little break at the end of the game. he make a 30 yard run, comes back to defend and then falls on one knee and claims he's TIRED. i didn't know that the ref was supposed to stop the game for someone being TIRED. hilarious.

:bronco: there's obviously a reason all your top players left your team.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

COL vs WV 3-1

Poor refereering tonight, but after a slow start for Columbus, they sure turned it up in the 2nd half and a well deserved win.

I would have to agree, Ref was a Fing joke!! He did not effect the outcome as he was brutal both ways with both teams left guessing every time he blew the whistle. Westvan had a decent first half and an early goal but Columbus was the better team in the second half and deserved the win.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

All of our players are coming back next year for your info. Its funny i see, your allittle bitter cause we didn t want an a-hole like you on our team last year. You came to our practice and begged us to play, but we told you to beat it:D

Tough pill to swallow, eh big guy! For a guy who doesn t play more than 20 mins, you really have a lot say.

There's obviously a reason why our players didn t want a fckin loser like you on our team...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 5 - PCOV 2

I know it's Fantabby's job to try to get us off our game by getting physical and popping off. I know he didn't mean what he was yelling and it was all in fun. Going down tired was funny.

Conductor, I question.... Sapp really had a lot of the play in the 1st half and should have been up by 3 or 4. Give PCOV credit, they work their buts off and play hard but without Batista in the lineup, goals will be hard to come by. The start of the 2nd saw PCOV come on, but it was really due to Sapp's poor play after the break. Sapp let down and started to coast after scoring 2 quick goals midway through the 2nd going up 3-0. To their credit PCOV kept going and scored 2 quick goals back and made it a game. But Sapp flipped the switch and pounded PCOV after that.

Alex back from vacation and scored 2 goals. Should have had 3 if we subbed him in for the PK. Are teams allowed to sub in a new goalie for a PK and then take him out right after? The ref allowed it. Huntley with the PK goal to make it 2-0 - what if the goalie saved it? Tom would have been caught out of his net. Come to think of it, we should have subbed Kent to be the temporary goalie as Tom took the PK.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coming close to predicting the future of the universe here...

WAB's Picks
PCOV at Sapperton 1-3 Sapp gets all their boys back this week and will bounce back to win the beer bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years. Sapp will get a goal off a set-play.
PK - set play goal. It was 3-1 at one point, but still a 2-goal difference.

Westside at Wickham 2-1. Westside will show up a little short-handed. I think more along the lines of a 1-1 draw, but this is Westside, so they'll somehow notch a late one for the win.
Should have stopped at 1-1.

West Van at Columbus 0-2 Simply, a letdown by WV after the Sapp victory.
Yup, a 2-goal difference.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its funny i see, your allittle bitter cause we didn t want an a-hole like you on our team last year. You came to our practice and begged us to play, but we told you to beat it:D

i'm bitter, you got me!!!:rolleyes: it's TAKING THE PISS.

great game last night. you looked awesome in the last 20.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw my first SU match this year today and yes , some old meat out there (Reeder freedom 55 :cool:) but a few sub 40 guys...mostly the same "veteran" core though...pistol Pete still kicking it with his high school wheels...ok maybe plumber's apprentice wheels but that's still worth something.
They need a team effort to do well and they had that today...sunshine, fresh troops on the sideline, 3 points (2 nil when I left with 5 mins left)...what more could you ask for?
same for any club I guess:rolleyes:
Hoss was stellar today...Mumms too (both in the back)

Kudos to the SU boys that have been slogging through the early season games with no/ little subs....keep it going boys.

Aves

franchise

Sep 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're hilarious. even in kid's soccer, when the score is 3 bagel, the winning team stops to take a breath.
you must've been that guy on the side screaming everytime no. 12 touched the ball. Like you said "he did everything but score." it was 5-2 for fcuk sakes. i'll be the first to say that he had a decent game, but REALLY.

if pcov got goals for shooting their mouth, they'd be on top of the league. i heard tons of shouts of 'OVERRATED'. I really don't think anyone has rated us except for Sir M and if 6th is overrated then so be it!

funny how they can talk so much trash and then pack it in at the end. typical portuguese team. this is the same PCOV team of 10 years ago; so you know where that'll take you!

as for sam's little break at the end of the game. he make a 30 yard run, comes back to defend and then falls on one knee and claims he's TIRED. i didn't know that the ref was supposed to stop the game for someone being TIRED. hilarious.

typical portuguese team i think not i can count how many porks are on this team with one hand

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
typical portuguese team i think not i can count how many porks are on this team with one hand

Whats the answer?

Fantabby did play well, though. Sure he's a hilarious mouth-piece, but he does back it up most of the time (except when he asked for a time out because he was short of breath - that would get the "goat horns" at Sapp)

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats the answer?

Fantabby did play well, though. Sure he's a hilarious mouth-piece, but he does back it up most of the time (except when he asked for a time out because he was short of breath - that would get the "goat horns" at Sapp)

Fanta has a medical condition (asthma) I dont think thats something to laugh about.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB's Picks

Romanian FC vs. Sapperton Rovers 1 - 4 Not looking past this game to Surrey. Sapp had 15 guys out to training last night and are focused. Alex with 2 goals.

PCOV ‘A’ vs. Columbus FC 1-1 PCOV tightens up the back and Columbus missed too many chances.

West Van FC vs. Wickham FC 1-0 Tight game. Wickham loves the old, hard turf - it's like a home game.

Westside FC vs. Richmond FC 3-1 Late goal makes it respectable.

Surrey United vs. KLM Alemania FC 2-1 SU barely wins. Perhaps a 2-2 tie because SU looking past this one to the big game vs Sapp.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think everyone will lose this weekend because they are all looking towards to or recovering from matchups with Sapp.

Except Sapp.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think everyone will lose this weekend because they are all looking towards to or recovering from matchups with Sapp.

Except Sapp.
Another exception is PCOV. They'll be up-lifted and inspired footballers because of the graceful display of the beautiful game by Sapp last week.
Facts:
WS plays with 11 - 13 guys every week, but 20 guys show up for the Sapp game.
SU loses their game after a Sapp loss everytime for the last 3 years.
WV always has their most intense games of the century vs Sapp.

BTW, I was correct about your letdown last week.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0