Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard Ballz, go to a SEC game. THAT is a true football experience.
BTW, anyone else pay attention to college football?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
College football takes the cake by far for football atmosphere forsure...much better than NFL. I have a buddy who is good friends with Ryan Leaf so we had a chance to sit in his club seats about a month ago to watch Washington State play. Pretty entertaining stuff!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on that call, Sapp should have had a PK for the ball that went off Smallsey's arm tucked beside his body off the cross. Not only that, Smallsey should have had a red for the rugby tackle late.

hmmm, arm tucked beside my body...pretty much tells the story....that and it actually didn't strike my arm. no argument on the generous yellow for taking down favs...i was lucky there.

the pk we were awarded was generous. ringing the pk off the post and following it up with brain fart by playing the ball was justice enough.

on the day, the draw was a fair result as neither team really dictated or dominated for any prolonged stretches. i'm sure teams above and below loved seeing the result.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly, after your PK, you were very careful to put you arms behind you to make sure the ref would not call a foul. I was still screaming for a PK!

A couple bad calls, but all refs make errors or judgement calls we disagree with. He's a good ref and I would like to have him again.

Long live the Wolverines!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know, I know ...what could have been. The guy is still a huge idol to the fans of Washington State for obvious reasons.

BettergetbackontopicofthethreadbeforeRegssaysso:cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember a few funny instances over the years between Sapperton and WV re goonery. The first was some guy got in Besty's face in the handshake lineup after the game, and Besty told him to go back to prison, and someone from West Van wished Sapperton best of luck in staying up after an instance where the Sapp goaltender grabbed the the WV striker by the throat as he lay on the ground in a puddle (I have no idea why, but those games at Sapperton with the field underwater at Sapperton Park are actually a fond memory). The second, ironically, was also in a handshake this time at Ambleside, when a Sapperton player grabbed Mandla's thumb and tried to snap it back and then attended the WV change room to apologize (after of course Sapp being locked out of their own change room :p).

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leaf takes his demise like a man. He failed and he blames himself.

Still on my bucket list:
Alabama, LSU, USC, Texas, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Rose, Sugar
Done:
Dallas, Georgia, Michigan.

We have made it an annual event. Tailgating on the university golf course beside the stadium at Ann Arbor was cool. Hundreds of cars litter the course.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember a few funny instances over the years between Sapperton and WV re goonery. The first was some guy got in Besty's face in the handshake lineup after the game, and Besty told him to go back to prison, and someone from West Van wished Sapperton best of luck in staying up after an instance where the Sapp goaltender grabbed the the WV striker by the throat as he lay on the ground in a puddle (I have no idea why, but those games at Sapperton with the field underwater at Sapperton Park are actually a fond memory). The second, ironically, was also in a handshake this time at Ambleside, when a Sapperton player grabbed Mandla's thumb and tried to snap it back and then attended the WV change room to apologize (after of course Sapp being locked out of their own change room :p).

I laugh when I read this. Funny stuff....and all of this happened only a few years ago! Lets face it, we all get worse as we get older.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leaf takes his demise like a man. He failed and he blames himself.

Still on my bucket list:
Alabama, LSU, USC, Texas, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Rose, Sugar
Done:
Dallas, Georgia, Michigan.

We have made it an annual event. Tailgating on the university golf course beside the stadium at Ann Arbor was cool. Hundreds of cars litter the course.

Who cares?? Shouldn't this have its own thread?? If indeed it deserves one......

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly, after your PK, you were very careful to put you arms behind you to make sure the ref would not call a foul. I was still screaming for a PK!

A couple bad calls, but all refs make errors or judgement calls we disagree with. He's a good ref and I would like to have him again.

Long live the Wolverines!

Got a chuckle out of the goon comments. As we all get older, we moan a bit more but Sapperton would seriously give Tylenol a headache. My heid's still nippin'......

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got a chuckle out of the goon comments. As we all get older, we moan a bit more but Sapperton would seriously give Tylenol a headache. My heid's still nippin'......

Haaaaa. Give us all a break! It's so loud over on your side it has just become white noise to you....nag, nag, nag, like Felderers' M-i-L......tune it out!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's matches:

Friday:

Westside at 22 Ave
Columbus at Metro Ford MOTW
Wickham at Sapperton
West Van at PCOV

Sunday:

Richmond at SU

Predictions?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As we all get older, we moan a bit more but Sapperton would seriously give Tylenol a headache.

I must admit the one team who is the exception to this is PCOV as I feel they have calmed down quite a bit over the last few years!;)

Big game between WV and the Porkchops tonight, if I have a chance at my preseason prediction of PCOV coming in the top 3, then tonight is a must win night for them!! I have heard that they will be short alot of guys tonight, maybe HardBallz could make his way back home for the weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0