Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp over Romania 1-0. Sapp looked good tonight. The 2 games in hand they have on most teams could be be helpful to them. They win both of their games and they will be in the top 5. Romania for their part looked like they were still in the Holiday spirit. Also heard that Sir M is no longer with WV Master's premier??? I apologize Sir M for calling you awhile back on WV's slide. Maybe the reason of WV's slide was because of the departure of Sir M?? Richmond was missing quite a few players from what I was told, and fell down to Columbus 4-1. Not sure if it was true or not but rumour has it Johnny Canuck wasn't in the pipes for Columbus, can anyone confirm this???? On a side note why are league games scheduled this weekend any ways??? Most teams only have 3 games left, not sure why you couldn't have started next weekend?? I'm pretty sure lots of teams are missing players who are still on holidays!!!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 3-2 West Van. Gomes with all 3 for us.

Nice day to head over to West Van and take in this game. Gomesy was a beast today for the Pork Chops.

Not sure if it was true or not but rumour has it Johnny Canuck wasn't in the pipes for Columbus, can anyone confirm this????

To answer my own question, I saw JC today and was a bit surprised to see him warming up WV's goalie. Glad to see that he has moved up in the pecking order as he is no longer the 3rd string goalie for Columbus. By all accounts it looked to me like he is now the back up goalie for WV! Also noticed that Sir M wasn't out today, so probably safe to say that he is also no longer on the staff team with WV. WV was up twice in this game but were not able to hold the lead as both times PCOV came back to tie it, before eventually taking the lead and keeping it!! Big game coming up next week for PCOV as they take on Columbus for a second place battle!! Lions and Westside in a must win game for both teams should also be an exciting one tomorrow!!

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV were licking their chops today when they seen Johnny Canuck warming up with WV side. Unfortunately for us he was the back up. Columbus 1 - 0 and WV 0 - 1 since the big transfer.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
safe to say that many rumors are not true.

sir m is still part of staff - spada confirmed with me Friday night.

also, jc will be fine with wvfc

also- jags said wvfc should have won

also - flying horses play at hillcrest at noon tomorrow

also - happy new year to everyone

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M was at his momma's 80th birthday party yesterday, and is going no where soon. Unlucky boys. Go FHs!

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda. Take it easy. You never play "just the tip?"
9 goals though?!? ! I hope all of you got stuck in.
On that note, a 330 am pint calls. Cheers to Masters.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of massive games this weekend and a couple of others that should be pretty good.

The race for 9th is very toight after a couple of interesting results on the weekend.

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV were licking their chops today when they seen Johnny Canuck warming up with WV side. Unfortunately for us he was the back up. Columbus 1 - 0 and WV 0 - 1 since the big transfer.

funny you say that, because as memory has served me correctly- jc has NEVER loss to pcov ,(or shall we say pcov has never beaten jc) in the 3 games I have played against you over the last 4 1/2 yrs.
and yes i am with west van and it wasnt fair for me to start the 1st game that i played with them... but hang on ,jc will be in the pipes this friday versus YODA n his crew.
and it is not a competition between me n columbus , it was all about playing time (at this age all we want to do is play the game we all love and not sit on the sideline week after week-how would you all feel ,i bet you would do the same -maybe not vent on here bout it but you all would say something)...i wasnt getting what I thought i desevred but whatever we both moved on...
west van needed a goalie of age for the B.C.'s and has taken a shot on JC... (guess im the luongo of this league hahaha.)
and to conductor ,regs ,team starter and everyone else.. Poco has won the league -so all that matters is getting into the B.C.'s and then we can all see what team can brag at the end..
POCO see you this friday
this weeks predictions
pcov-columbus , my old team winning by 2
22nd lions win
rich-romanian tie
sap win over westside
westvan over poco

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
funny you say that, because as memory has served me correctly- jc has NEVER loss to pcov ,(or shall we say pcov has never beaten jc) in the 3 games I have played against you over the last 4 1/2 yrs.
and yes i am with west van and it wasnt fair for me to start the 1st game that i played with them... but hang on ,jc will be in the pipes this friday versus YODA n his crew.
and it is not a competition between me n columbus , it was all about playing time (at this age all we want to do is play the game we all love and not sit on the sideline week after week-how would you all feel ,i bet you would do the same -maybe not vent on here bout it but you all would say something)...i wasnt getting what I thought i desevred but whatever we both moved on...
west van needed a goalie of age for the B.C.'s and has taken a shot on JC... (guess im the luongo of this league hahaha.)
and to conductor ,regs ,team starter and everyone else.. Poco has won the league -so all that matters is getting into the B.C.'s and then we can all see what team can brag at the end..
POCO see you this friday
this weeks predictions
pcov-columbus , my old team winning by 2
22nd lions win
rich-romanian tie
sap win over westside
westvan over poco

Jimmy's got moves, Jimmy's got mad springs, jimmy is really into Elaine...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is unfortunate. I noticed that Oliver was unavailable for selection this eve. It was unusual in my experience that the official did not consult with both teams, or at least the visiting team that I am sure of, before cancelling this match. Long way to travel on a Friday eve from West Van. Who were the two teams playing on the field beside the one that was shut down? They looked like they may have been FVSL Masters Prem sides? One team was in all white and the other was in a rather hideous black and yellow kit. The weather and conditions were drastically different between the two side by side pitches apparently.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JC having a couple beers after the game still not made debut with west van. Game cancelled turf frozen

Heard that Yoda and company where nervous about JC getting the start tonight for WV, so they came early to the field and emptied their water bottles on the field so that it would be a frozen tundra and definitely be deemed unplayable!!!:big-smile: On a side note doesn't there actually have to been a game PLAYED first before you can drink beers after the game:confused:???

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is unfortunate. I noticed that Oliver was unavailable for selection this eve. It was unusual in my experience that the official did not consult with both teams, or at least the visiting team that I am sure of, before cancelling this match. Long way to travel on a Friday eve from West Van. Who were the two teams playing on the field beside the one that was shut down? They looked like they may have been FVSL Masters Prem sides? One team was in all white and the other was in a rather hideous black and yellow kit. The weather and conditions were drastically different between the two side by side pitches apparently.

Sir M,

The referee called the match on his own accord. The Castilians were 17 players strong, dressed and ready to play. I noticed the West Van roster was 12 strong (according to the team sheet) so perhaps the decision was more in favour of the away side.

Furthermore the two turf fields are very different. The new turf that we were scheduled to play on is cork based and the other turf you are referring to is rubber based. That was a FVSL Div 1 Masters game. Cork freezes with moisture and sub zero temperatures and rubber does not. Cork is much better to play on under normal conditions and behaves similar to grass.

In regards to Oly, he has had some ailments of late and coaching staff decided to sit him along with a couple of other key players in preparation for next weeks match vs PCOV which could decide the league champions if you must know.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

JTL

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All is good...just that that is very unusual that as a coach to not have been consulted beforehand when a ref cancels due to weather. However, he did call it early so many WV guys were caught on the commute, and so it was actually about 16 or so WV players who were ultimately available should the ref have let us play tonight, but by the time they got out there, it was cancelled. Should be a good match next time; and it was unfortunate there was not a match tonight as judging by the lineups it would have been a cracker. Mother Nature got in the way of this one it seems; one the The Watchman would have enjoyed I think.

Next time should be good, and of course if Ollie is playing in that one then, that would be really good for Poco.

Sir M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0