Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters, Results and Banter, March/April and now May and maybe June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters, Results and Banter, March 2007

at SFU on Friday we had a blonde women doing our game ... we were worried that she would overdo

Taxman ............ can you elaborate on the blonde women referee. :D I know that Sir M is on the lookout for a replacement Mrs. Sir M, and is currently on a sojourn down under hunting for one. Would have been nice for him to know that one was right in his backyard and the journey might have been unnecessary. What a perfect situation for Sir M, having the future Mrs. Sir M doing VMSL Masters games and helping him with the Power Rankings.:p

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just a bit of an update from down under...

WhataboutBob: Unlucky.

BC over 30s results:

BC 4 Brazil 1.
BC 5 Southern Australia 0.
BC 5 New South Wales 0.

BC open results:

BC 0 Basque (Spain) 0.
BC 7 Southern Australia 1.

Big game in the open tomorrow BC vs Wales, and the over 30s play against Victoria P.D. (Australia) in the morning. Both will probably determine medals.

JAGS. One night all year get them to stay home. I will try to call you but no phone service down here.

PS: Live last night outdoors in Adelaide, Simple Minds opening for INXS. We lost a van .

Cheers.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I wonder if SCK crawled underneath the same rock as SCP did.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Four days away with my family...my apologies for the late response.

We started off fine but were taken back from a forty yard "clearance" from a guy who will never score like that again... Down 1-0. A missed PK could have been the turning point for us as our player was clearly brought down in the box only to be a no call from "redhead" who I hope doesn't get any provincial games. He was awful as I will explain later. Their second came against the run of play on a turnover.

Second half we came out strong and had much of the play. To their credit, I agree with Hose that their two guys in the backline played well but will have difficulty with a solid referee who keeps up with the play. We had a few crucial free kicks just outside the box only to be delayed by the referee who was more interested in our sideline players than the play itself. Unbelievable. So, Hose good luck however I won't go to your classless level in your previous post.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

First of all THE GUY is a great player when he is not injured and has scored many goals like that. Ask your chubby goalie. SCK did you actually play that day? Your midfield will take credit for the assist on C.B goal and the lack of marking on the second goal. Who was the Zebra you put up front with the matching kit? I know it is always the ref, ball, and field's fault. Anyways it was a good battle. "YOURS TRULY"

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

When the hell is Westside going to be able to play their first round cup game? I was looking at the standings for div 1 the other day and it looks like there are a tonne of div 1 games that need to be played before 3rd place is determined?

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nevermind 3rd place!! Mathematically 1st and 2nd place are not yet decided. No idea how they'll get all those games in.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

First and second doesn't matter now for league cup as Cliff and Cracovia have already played as the 1st and 2nd place teams..don't worry..Westside will end up playing a Friday-Sunday to make up..

Cheers!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

And - I just heard he likely 3rd place PCOV Luisitanos have just declined to play. What gives with PCOV? Hey, I know we are a forced to be reconed with :eek: but I didn't expect teams to just run away. I think we are now looking a the 4th place team and there are three of them to consider who now have to play each other for a while. Seems stupid. The worry here is we end up playing some team in Div 3 and they beat us !

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The worry here is we end up playing some team in Div 3 and they beat us !
:D

The way things look weather-wise today, nobody will be playing this weekend unless they're on turf. Some teams will now be trying to play league games well into May...

Freddy, you can't play against the other PCOV team either. They've got a date with us in the has-beens division.:rolleyes:

Not sure what's up with squads declining cup games??!

Back to building the Ark,

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Update from Australia:

The undefeated and untied BC over 35s team plays California this aft, if they win or tie, they win gold.

The open team (2 wins 2 ties 0 lossses) beat Tel Aviv in the quarters yesterday on a golden goal by elder statesman of the team Frank Ciaccia 3-2, and play South Wales in the semis today, the winner plays the winner of Sevilla and Israel tomorrow.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well Regs....guess it's the turf eh....undermanned again..oh well...see ya Sunday!

Cheers!

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freddy said:
And - I just heard he likely 3rd place PCOV Luisitanos have just declined to play. What gives with PCOV? Hey, I know we are a forced to be reconed with :eek: but I didn't expect teams to just run away. I think we are now looking a the 4th place team and there are three of them to consider who now have to play each other for a while. Seems stupid. The worry here is we end up playing some team in Div 3 and they beat us !

Maybe you could just play a Women's team or a team from the FVSL ...... the Rangerettes ?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SS,

Yeah, looks like the turf but it will be on the newer, 'good' stuff.

Field inspection at CAP is at 3PM tomorrow and we are supposed to be emailed shortly after so I'll be sure to post the status here.

Cheers,

~Regs.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rain, Rain, Go Away... traveling to Cloverdale to see undermanned games in the rain? At least I wouldn't have an Audi to worry about -- but really, can't they go back to the FVSL? Please... Maybe Coquitlam to see West Van's B Team again (apparently when Sir M's away, the mice will play -- pretty lean looking benchs on both teams last Sunday at Ambleside)... wait 9 AM in the rain -- probably not.

Good game against Cliff Avenue last Friday, lack of finishing definitely did us in. We did have some great chances on crosses. It was nice to finally get out in the field and play. Game seemed to move up and down the field pretty good most of the night. Cliff will have their hands full tonight though.

Trece, you will be happy to note that to warm up the Canucks Europeans practice an amateur version of Plinking before games. I watched them for a bit before the Detroit game, it seems kind of purposeless though, without beers to knock out of hand, and quite quiet without the relentless TTPing. Down at the other end of the hall, just two Detroit players keeping up -- wankers. Got one kick in walking through the circle; thought about impressing them with a "Figure 4" but didn't want to get them down before the game.

Take it Sir M is too busy at the pub for an update -- longest walk of shame ever -- more insufferable World Champions coming home? Guess we will soon see.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

J:

Saw NHLers plinking on the tube before - it does warm your heart, even if purposeless. Not sure about the wisdom of doing a Figure 4 on your way through a circle like that; you could get stapled or asked for a twoonie by some exciteable Swede.

Guess I'll have to come out tomorrow and show you how to do one properly again.:D Yes, there are no commitments keeping me away from Saturday plink any more, so like the moose said, "this time for sure!"

As Sir M is away "on location" and there aren't likely to be many matches played unless they are on the fake stuff, I think he can be excused for not updating the Most Excellent Rankings as quickly as previously. While in Oz, though, I would imagine that his walks of shame might have as much to do with the fact that everything's on the wrong side of the vehicle for him as they have to do with his consistent state of inebriation. Or possibly that his swollen heed won't fit through the doors of Australian model Audis....:D

Plink!

Trece

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Colemanj... I heard there was an AntiFan sighting at the Redwings game having a pint with Kelly Rudy or was he spilling his Pint on kelly Rudy? :eek:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I had a pint with Rudy last night after the WVFC training session. :D

JAGS

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, ColemanJ.... Not much on the bench for WestVan against Sapp last week, Tough with 6 guys and a drunk coach who stunt doubles for Richard Gere, away in Oz. Not the best time of year to have 6 guys out of your lineup.

I thought you guys deserved a lot better against Cliff, but you just couldn't buy a goal. Cliff played well the first 15 ins but once you guys got settled i thought you carried the play. Cliff seemed to be missing alot of guys though too. The line up they had would not match up strongly with Metro Ford. Not alot of height on that back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0