Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters, Results and Banter, March/April and now May and maybe June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters, Results and Banter, March 2007

Scottyshell said:
Hmmm...it's been a few hours since the end of the game..and no one has posted?? Okay....VFF 2-1 over Surrey...sorry everyone...we're still in the BC's...great game,hard fought...they scored 1st half...we replied twice in the 2nd...ok..so..who's next...West Van or Columbus?

Cheers!

Why are you sorry?

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Besty can post about the level of sportsmanship of the Spanish side, but he is recovering from being spit upon, pinched and bitten at the moment.

Sports Photographics Australia

Photographic evidence. This is as good as DNA.

I am sure there was a mouthguard throwing incident shortly after.:D

JAGS

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jags... Alot of fans dressed as seats in that picture. I am sure Sirm was just off to the left, having a Tooey's with a lemon slice :knvb:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Very good game between us and firefighters and I applaud the entire team effort the FF's give out each and every game. I thought the game was going to be ours but to be quite frank, we deserved what we got. Very uncharacteristically, we now see ourselves taking little gambles instead of putting in the hard work to ensure our objectives get met. That has never been an issue with us, but it is now. Hence the defeats.

Andy Meyer is having his way with us. Chuck and John Zach are completely competent at the back for FF's and are sending a message without a doubt. The FF's truly seem to want it more right now.

As for us, I know we can fix our problems, and I know we can still win the critical games, but we all need to conduct some self-analysis to get us where we want to be. The post-game chat centered around beers is always interesting, especially discussing all the issues, but at the end of the day, you can only control what you can do, so time for some self-analysis. This is a good thing.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WVFC 3 v. Columbus 1

Yesterday morning at 7:45am: Call from Bro to JAGS & Dickens .... "I am at Seymours Pub for the 7:45am carpool and nobody is here. Also, Spada's Jeep Liberty is in the parking, but no Spada ............ should I be worried". Upon further inspection of Spada's vehicle, the doors are unlocked, both front seats are reclined and there are A&W Teen Burger wrappers all over the place. Dickens calls Spada, who is just rolling out of bed. "Guess someone broke into the Liberty and crashed there for a bit ......... Hang on, maybe that was me and Burrzy??" After rounding up the troops and making the trek out to Town Centre Stadium for the god awful kickoff time of 9:00am, we arrive to find no changerooms open. Change in the stands and have 5 minutes to warm-up. Same went for Columbus, except they had a little bounce to their step, so there must not have been an Italian wedding the night before.

We started out a little flat, but I think it was just a matter of trying to get used to the new turf at Town Centre. Quality pitch for turf, but truly a shame to see another grass field gone. Both teams were a little tentative and we went down 1 - 0 on a nice shot from Kevin Colbow. We marched right back down the field and equalized about two minutes later, when Bro knocked it across to Dickens, who had a Sir M like finish and banged it home from half a yard out. 1 - 1. We then had Ollie finish a PK a short time later and it was 2 - 1 WV at the half. Second half we were starting to lose a few bodies, with Spada pulling a hamstring (did not fuel up enough on the Teen Burgers) and Dickens with a calf. Columbus poured it on, but we weathered the storm. TSN turning point was on a questionable PK (our two were both clear PK's, by the way :D ). 20 minutes left and Big Mario with the full stretch to keep it at 2 - 1. Ollie scored one more on a PK and that victory has sealed a trip to the BC's for us and also the league cup semi finals v. Firemen (congrats to them on a hard fought win v. Surrey). A great team effort this week, and also last week, with 6 of our guys at the WPFG down under. A few pints afterwards in the sun, as apparently Coquitlam does not like to open their changerooms for anybody but Canada or Scotland. Since it was a long drive back to North Van, we had to stop by the Golden Spike, Mtn Shadow, Seymours, Stevie Mac's and Queens Cross. I am sure Mrs. Dickens was pleased that he left the house at 7:40am on a Sunday for an Over 30's soccer match and returned home at 11:45pm. Traffic was very busy between the field and home for him.:eek:

Other than a few chippy moments, the Columbus lads are a good bunch of guys. They work hard, they play hard and should be a handful for anybody in the BC's.

Wondering what the schedule makers will do with Westside on the other side of the cup not having even played their first round or even know who their opponent will be. Hope we get at least a week off to nurse a few injuries.

JAGS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby said:
As for us, I know we can fix our problems, and I know we can still win the critical games, but we all need to conduct some self-analysis to get us where we want to be. The post-game chat centered around beers is always interesting, especially discussing all the issues, but at the end of the day, you can only control what you can do, so time for some self-analysis. This is a good thing.
The boys are hard at work already...

I love camera phones. :D

Attachments

• SU1.JPG
    SU1.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 89
  • SU4.JPG
    SU4.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 82
  • SU3.JPG
    SU3.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 76
  • SU2.JPG
    SU2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 64

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
The boys are hard at work already...

I love camera phones. :D

Absolutely priceless!

KNVB, the timing of this is impeccable.

That is some of our sqaud discussing formations after our 6th team pitcher of Sleemans. Funny enough, we had it all figued out that evening.

Somebody has to confiscate KNVB's camera phone. Very dangerous indeed.:cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballz:

That's your problem right there!

Too many pennies in the box and not enough twoonies...

:D

Spare change?

Trece

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like Westside is going to wait another week to figure out who is 3rd in Div 1! I don't understand this.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's okay...we're suppose to play a league game that means nothing to both teams...doesn't it?

Cheers!

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rangerforever said:
I can hear Aves now...

"Check in...then check out".

RF:same advice I gave to Mrs. Federline...

knvb on a ttp covert op?...next time I punch you in the nose I'll have a perturbing- paprazzi defense.:p ...that is unless I'm otherwise engaged trying to figure out how to beat the firemen?!
They were obviously playing for their season and came out flying in the second half and we couldn't respond. It's funny how some firemen play the "we're old" card...while it may be true, we've got a collection of 40/50 somethings too.
When teams stick together for so long that's where you end up...certainly no regrets. We've had a very good year and despite the massive notoriety we've received from Sir M and his staff we'll have to raise it a notch to close out strong and be happy with our season.
As much as I wanted to beat them, the firemen "old"boys certainly deserve to still be in the mix for the bc's and I wish them well.

just beware if Knvb wants to visit you in the shower while he's making a "call".:rolleyes:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Aves said:
It's funny how some firemen play the "we're old" card...while it may be true, we've got a collection of 40/50 somethings too.

OK - we are not old - even though average age is 44 and nobody under 40 .... winning goal was scored by our 51 year old ... where did all the 35-40 players go ? .... I think it is because Intellivision came out .... just look at what it did to Rangerforever's physique :eek: :eek:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

It is always good to get WV's point of view on the game. Although I wonder where Hose is....Crawled under his big rock maybe??

I see Westside still doesn't have a game set up. Nothing like having three weeks off before a cup game is played. I heard also that next year we won't see the disaster in scheduling games like this year. Maybe we'll even find out how many spots there are before we actually start playing...Maybe we'll even get the other Surrey team to join our league and they'll give us five spots..just maybe.
Disgruntled Observer

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Four days away with my family...my apologies for the late response. (yeah right)

West Van 3 Columbus 1

West Van played good enough to win Sunday. They capitalized on there opportunities and played a physical game. Oliver controlled the midfield and was a threat all game. We did have our chance to tie but Mario made a good save on the PK. West Van will be a team to watch out in the BC's and hopefully with will be joining them in the Spring Classic.
SCK it sounds like you need to stay away from the copy and paste button.

Masters 2005] March Banter and Results - 04-02-2006 , 07:31 PM

The VMSL league cup other semi final was played today at Burnaby Lake. Unlike Sir M's fine analysis a few points need to be made. The final result was as stated 3-1 for the "True Italians". What he failed to mention is that the third goal was at the last few minutes and the second was clearly offside but it was difficult for the "lopsided" referee who was nowhere near midfield. Yes, Columbus came out of the gates in the second half, however, we should have received a PK with ten to go after a no call from this same midfield-position type referee. He was a joke and so were the no calls. Sir M. may want to also know that we missed our entire starting backline due to injuries or other commitments but that would only be an excuse. We did lose plain and simple and Columbus will be tough to beat if they continue to attack.

PRICELESS!

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hose,
Let me guess - you are from the South and SCK is from the North....I think you should be nice to SCK - based on what WAB says there is a possibility you may be joining him soon.... If Westside ever plays they may get the last spot - or Richmond will. Sapp has two league games left and because their Premier team is done they are getting Gord Saunders, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Maradona - so they won't lose or tie either of their last two games. That will force you to play off against them - with the added players that will surely guarantee them a win ... then they can go to the BCs again losing players that are not eligible .....

Good Luck

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

TMan: No, we have MANY southerners....and they're not IDIOTS... Richmond to make the provincials?? Seriously.

sg48715

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

MF 2 - Cliff Ave 1

Cliff went up early on a well taken free kick. MF took the half to dust off the rust, came back in the 2nd and potted 2 within the 1st 20 or so. Cliff certainly turned up the work rate and put the pressure on but weren't able catch up. Aside from the 'no beer near the change room' rule and having to stand in the parking lot for a pint the affair went well.

Why in the hell can't we have a pint in a change room after a game? Over f*&(ing 35's on a Friday night and we have to stand in a blood parking lot in the rain to have a beer.:mad:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The excellent site is reporting a 2-0 win for Sapperton over RU. Yesterday's MF win means one provincial spot (other than the won on the Westside/RU/Div 1 teams side) is up for grabs between Sapperton and Columbus. If Sapp wins their final game against PCOV, I assume that there will be a one game playoff between Columbus and Sapp to see who goes into the BCs, and I am sure Sapp will be fully staffed for the remainder up until the BCs, when they will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0