Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it's official Peg only lose 3 points. So question goes if they lost the game and played an illegal player nothing happens? I guess it's ok as long as they don't win.

Disappointed. Especially the message it sends out. The precedent has been set VMSL will only deduct 3 points if you win the game with an illegal player otherwise it's ok to play with illegal players.

See you all at the AGM.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if Croatia don't win another game or if Croatia and BBY both win tonight then last weekend's fiasco is moot.

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if Croatia don't win another game or if Croatia and BBY both win tonight then last weekend's fiasco is moot.

It's not moot. Richmond has been awarded a Provincial Cup berth because of the fiasco. Without the 'fiasco' they needed CCBRT to beat Croatia.

EDIT: Misread what you said. Yes, we are saying the same thing.

Last edited:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would Peg have been deducted 3 points if they had lost that game? I believe so.
That's what I don't get, there really isn't a penalty to deciding to play a suspended player.

The message being sent is you have nothing to lose if you are short players for a game, the worst that will happen is you won't win the game, something that you probably felt would happen anyways - especially if you only have 9 players and it's at the premier level.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what I don't get, there really isn't a penalty to deciding to play a suspended player.

The message being sent is you have nothing to lose if you are short players for a game, the worst that will happen is you won't win the game, something that you probably felt would happen anyways - especially if you only have 9 players and it's at the premier level.

Certainly could be lead to back room dealings couldn't it….

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, just went and looked up the VMSL Rules & Regulations:

8.b. Use of ineligible player,

1)- First Offence-Penalty; $100.00 fine. and a lost of three (3) points.

2)- Second Offence- Penalty; $ 200.00 fine and the lost of six (6) points.

3)- Third offence- Penalty; The team shall be expelled from the VMSL, and its bond forfeited.

4)- Cup games- Penalty; $ 100.00 fine and expulsion from further cup competition.
Clearly the wording needs to be updated to include automatic game forfeiture and 'lost' of X points.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have submitted an amendment to the rule for voting at the AGM. I hope to see some support. I was told if Richmond had won then Peg would have lost 3 points regardless.

This makes no sense that's why I thought it would be 6 points 3 for losing the game and 3 for suspended player. Really Richmond had nothing to gain by putting any effort in and Peg had absolutely nothing to lose by playing with 9 players except in shame that a premier team could only field 9 players.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do the results in the Imperial Cup mean that last years Provincial Cup Champs (Croatia) and last years runners-up (and Provincial Cup Champs from the year before - Surrey United) miss out on this years big dance?

If so, talk about parity!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@djones

I believe you are correct!

Is it parity to the good or parity to the bad though? From what I hear, all teams just consistently play 100 miles an hour and the quality in terms of soccer-sense is in the crapper. I haven't seen any games in years so no idea if that is a consensus view?

Thoughts?

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow To All.

Have not replied in years on the website. Just want to say that this site is dying. I am and always will be an ICST Peg supporter. As a club we F----ed up. Calm down. This is the only conversation piece on this thread. Gone r the days of weekly banter and scores. One mistake from the club and u think that the world is over. You think that 9 players playing is good enough to lose.....not. Come on Richmond .... If that was fixed then why play an illegal player???....Management was not able to attend the gm....get over it. Give scores and TTB..... Peg has been in prem with class for yrs. Agreed there was a mistake but get over it.....just saying

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@djones

I believe you are correct!

Is it parity to the good or parity to the bad though? From what I hear, all teams just consistently play 100 miles an hour and the quality in terms of soccer-sense is in the crapper. I haven't seen any games in years so no idea if that is a consensus view?

Thoughts?

I've watched about 18 of the Croatia games this season so I've seen most teams twice. The parity is good. Like you say, it's a fast game but that's a good thing. It's entertaining soccer. Many games I've seen have been non-stop end-to-end action. Many goals scored on counter-attacks. The big difference in today's VMSL vs the past is the turf. Nobody plays grass anymore. The ball moves so much faster and more true on turf vs. grass. And turf really punishes a player if they're carrying a few extra pounds. Todays premier players in general are faster have a higher level of fitness. Difficult to comment on 'soccer sense'. No reason to believe it's any worse or better than before. The coaching is pretty good. The play feels well organized considering only a couple trainings a week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@sixfyv

I totally forgot about the Poco / Columbus thing from a few years ago! I'm not too sure @The Apprentice is even involved there anymore? Maybe that's why it went tits up...

The 2 Italian clubs seem to ebb and flow with each taking turns as the go to club... Inter clearly has the reins now, I wonder how long it takes Columbus to get back on track and back into Prem?

Cheers,

Regs.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if Chile wins the Imperial which is definitely a possibility then Croatia is out of Provincials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0