Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would you like a health benefits package too?

We all asked for the raise because we felt we deserve one. To do games every week we are asked to travel to all corners of the Lower mainland, and we don't have the luxury to "playing home gates every 2 weeks".
Are you asked or are you given the opportunity to make some extra cash?

#perspectives
#angles
#regsdontplaydontcoachdontcontributeFTW

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL above.

I was on the record years ago about increasing Ref's pay, not just here, but at youth. The only way to bring up the standard is to get more kids involved, and one of the ways to do that is increased pay.

Long, old debate.

Step in the right direction. Respectful disagree, @utah. Besides, with your cash, I'd burn mine.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@whistle blower

I figure since I have been making referee's jobs more difficult and their lives a living hell on the pitch for the better part of my life, why stop now.

Especially since you Can't Red card me over the internet!

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref increase is fine

The issue I have is that a ref who refs premier games and a ref who refs division 3 games shouldnt have equal pay.
If I'm correct refs are all at different levels and get graded to move to a higher level of game on there performance. There should be a set price for each level which would create competition between refs to do a better job to move up to a more paying better level on there performace.

It's like any other job if your a labourer, apprentice,Forman or president of a company you do not make the same amount you have to work to get to that high paying position.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref increase is fine

The issue I have is that a ref who refs premier games and a ref who refs division 3 games shouldnt have equal pay.
If I'm correct refs are all at different levels and get graded to move to a higher level of game on there performance. There should be a set price for each level which would create competition between refs to do a better job to move up to a more paying better level on there performace.

It's like any other job if your a labourer, apprentice,Forman or president of a company you do not make the same amount you have to work to get to that high paying position.

Totally agree with you :)

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref increase is fine

100% agree with this. $100 for Premier and $90 for everything else just isn't a good standard. It's almost criminal the performance of some of the officials doing Div. 3 games or lower Masters games and pocketing $90. Referee pay should be standard based, absolutely. Problem is if the drop off is too much, you won't get anybody doing Div. 3 games. It will be a lot of hard work to develop and transition to a new system that gives referees the opportunity to receive the compensation that they are worth, while at the same time providing the teams/players with the level of officiating they deserve.

Has to happen though, the current set up is ludicrous.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was talking to my erudite friend and financial wizard RF. He advises that if an individual has an income that he or she declares for income tax purposes, that person can write off things like gas, insurance, vehicle maintenance, toll fees, depreciation, professional fees, training costs, vocational equipment, clothing such as uniforms, communication devices/services used for work purposes etc.

Plus, he says that the trend is your friend, don't fight the Fed, and never sell when there is blood on the streets.

blade

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref increase is fine

Well said Crazy - K . Not that my lot would be a part of the top end pay grid as we toil our days in div 2, but why doesn't the league pay the people at the top end the top dollars and let the bottom feeders fend for themselves or magically improve their standard so that they too can have an opportunity at a better payday? I am assuming that there is a group that likely is already in the top division and others who would give it their Sunday best to get there. As for the others... Even they can't help us win on most nights anyway !:(

It certainly is not the entire answer but it does make some sense .

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
A set standard can be made for the VMSL
Premier $90 ref linesman $45
Div 1 $80 ref linesman $40
Div 2 $70 ref
Div 3 $60 ref
I belive div2,3 dont have lineman
Same standard with over 35s
Over 45 fall under div2,3 standard time to retire

Now work your way up and to be a professional or stay and ref div 3 and stand in the center circle up to them to decide

If you ask me for Refing for 90 minutes that's decent money

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that there was some exebition games last night at burnaby lake so I went to go watch metroford played firefighters burnaby didn't watch much just saw that there was a send off and a sombody got jumped after the game and little bral happened.

Croatia played vs newly promoted Campo Athletics I belive final score was 6-0 Croatia

Campo won't win a game this season they are awful going right back down

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that there was some exebition games last night at burnaby lake so I went to go watch metroford played firefighters burnaby didn't watch much just saw that there was a send off and a sombody got jumped after the game and little bral happened.

Croatia played vs newly promoted Campo Athletics I belive final score was 6-0 Croatia

Campo won't win a game this season they are awful going right back down

As much as our "friend" annoyed us on this site I will give Eduardo credit. He is the only reason they got up (combined with a complete collapse by NorVan). They were always going to be punching well above their weight class in Premier and it was going to be a massive struggle, but without his "tactics" week in and week out they don't have a prayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0