Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Preseason Banter 2007/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Big Boot's excellent power rankings # 4 Surrey takes on #9 Sapperton tonight at Cloverdale, for those interested in a roasting marshmallow’s over a open tire fire.

*Power rankings not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Sorry couldn't make it. Happened across some east Van-based club featuring a real multicultural line-up in training. Who was that old, fat guy lumbering around the park? New signing? Or shaming the young bucks into better performance? Maybe Columbus needs a sweeper for their National Title run?

When are we going to hear about everyone's favourite topic--who have Inter and Columbus signed? Or have they signed anyone?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
had heard some reports that gilly was spotted along commercial drive sipping on an expresso at cafe calabria and inquiring about property?...this would shorten the drive wouldn't it.....gilly....:cool:

Unreal....can't even take the wife into the city for a latte. Yes, we were enjoying our expresso waiting on one Anklebreaker. The semi-retired prick was going to show us one of many estate homes in the area, however, it was a little out of our price range.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happened across some east Van-based club featuring a real multicultural line-up in training. Who was that old, fat guy lumbering around the park? New signing? Or shaming the young bucks into better performance? Maybe Columbus needs a sweeper for their National Title run?

Okay, thanks for the run tonight, but after that comment I'm not coming back.:mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 2 Sapperton 1 in an ugly, scrappy game full of moaning and moaning about the moaning. Good god if you listen closely you can probably still hear Phillips having a go at Deliba about something-or another. He even made the kids breaking into the cars stop and have a look at what ever travesty had just been thrust upon him, like a missed throw in at half.

Other than that it was nice to play at a ‘competitive’ level again, well for me, be on the field while others were playing at a competitive level. Sapperton scored first on really well hit shot Sheppy had no chance on after a good little build up that had some of the younger guys scrambling. We tied it up with Millars half volley attempt banking off the post and in when Sapperton failed to clear on a corner kick. Our second was a shocker as a half assed free kick went in when the keeper attempted to catch then quickly throw the ball out on the counter attack, good plan, but the key element of it I’m sure was he was to actually catch the ball first then throw it. It's all about the minor details...

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, thanks for the run tonight, but after that comment I'm not coming back.:mad:

How do we get from multicultural and fat, old guy, to you, Gilly? I should have mentioned that this guy white as the driven snow and at risk for a good harpooning.

Hope you enjoyed the latte. Take a spin by Womynswear afterwards? ;)

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly and Ankle "wannabe wop" Breaker at Cafe Calabria sipping latte's!!! Now I've heard it all. Seems like boys of your ilk would be more at home on Scott Road sipping lassi at Desi Junction...:D Just kiddin' boys ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranje:

If you're going to snoop around our training sessions, at least introduce yourself, or come out and put cleats on.

Happened across some east Van-based club featuring a real multicultural line-up in training. Who was that old, fat guy lumbering around the park?

Then again, that description probably applies to a lot of us...:rolleyes:

Trece

(aka that old, fat guy lumbering around the park at another east Van-based club)

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A great result for Sporting last night in our first action of the preseason. 5-1 final over Indo. Onto Douglas College monday and Sapperton next week.

Jomo10

Nov 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has been way too quiet on here for a Monday. I need something to keep me entertained at work. I can confirm that Inter have just signed their 10th new player in the offseason and are very close to getting their 11th. I know that sounds ridiculous and I am sure this is where the Inter bashing will start again but I can say that most of the signings are recognizable upgrades and noticeable acquisitions. Sure we have a lot of guys but I think we learned our lesson last season in the Imperial Cup Final (2 reds, 2 injuries) and playing the Provincial Cup game with only 13 players. Depth will be huge and there is no doubt Inter looks like a different squad.

Any other big news?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes,

Staff are reporting that the following individuals have recently been observed on The Drive wearing Ray-Bans and sipping coffee:

Mark Messier
Eric Lindros
Brian Leetch
Alexi Kovalev
Nick Kyprios (wonderful hair)
Petr Nedved
Wayne Gretzky
Pat LaFontaine
Theo Fleury
Jaromir Jagr

And...

Mike Keenan.

11 of them.

Interesting.

The Salty Dogg

Aug 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jomo10,

How many more poofs do you guys need on Inter? No disrespect to any new players already mentioned...maybe all these new faces will get Inter to the promise land.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone give some insight as to:
1) When the season will start
2) When we will see a schedule

Just trying to plan my life... or lack there-of.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone give some insight as to:
1) When the season will start
2) When we will see a schedule

Just trying to plan my life... or lack there-of.
VMSL season will start a week this Friday Night.

I would imagine the schedule will be posted by the end of this week and if not, well, that's pretty fcukin' stupid :D

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes,

Staff are reporting that the following individuals have recently been observed on The Drive wearing Ray-Bans and sipping coffee:

Mark Messier
Eric Lindros
Brian Leetch
Alexi Kovalev
Nick Kyprios (wonderful hair)
Petr Nedved
Wayne Gretzky
Pat LaFontaine
Theo Fleury
Jaromir Jagr

And...

Mike Keenan.

11 of them.

Interesting.

I saw the same thing. It looked like a Camaro dealership had opened on Commercial Drive. Another one I mean. :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: friendly

Metro Ford 1 PAU 0
Not a bad match with some good stuff being played by both sides... Metro Ford are a tidy team and are quite young all over the park... Well except for that bright red kid, he's not young anymore and certainly isn't tidy!!! A tie may have been a fair result, but the Wolves win from Amilio getting to his own rebound with about 15 minutes to go... Walks was shoc-king in the middle mind you...

Good luck to everyone in VMSL except for Inter of course! :)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey vs Indo Thursday - Bring your own tire for the fire

Surrey vs MF Sunday
Surrey vs Westside Monday

I can feel the cramps already…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet