Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats like club I and sapperton merging
2 control freaks looking for the power,

shite didnt sapp use to be club I

sid

WTF are you on about now? Do you really want to post what happened with Club Ireland and Sapperton? Or what the connection between the two were?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oldtimer Yougoslavia still exsists. Bosna and Hercegovina are not split up. It is a pact government. There fore it is still there. Most of the Croatian players are Bosnian and Hercegovian decent. How about club Balkan where all four get togethere and stay on top. Use div two teams as ethnick sides. No small club will be able to stay up there. You just do not have a player base. You take guys that got cut by othere sides. But it is best to stay away from trouble. I just want to see how other guys think. What hasto hapen is Eagles must go for U18 gold side and then go to U21. Same goes for Croatia SC. Sulentic is coaching a younger side. Cat team in div one is fast of a step for most young guys. Coaching at lower levels is more about fare time play for each player. Development is not where it should be at. With soccer schooles and academic soccer level will go up. Kids are subbed to many times to be able to come up top premier and help out. They have legs for ten minutes and then go south.

we should get bronco to start the team
pig farmer shitball club

sid

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid well well you are funny. Good luck in your next game. 0 and three hearts. Tommy and Tod will start walking lanes if you lose any more games. See you on the pitch.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing like good ol' Sid to perk the soccer interests.
I am not a control freak in any way. In fact, I've been wanting someone to take over for some time now, and finally someone capable has come forward. Hopefully I'm out of the picture for the long term.
Besides, if RFC came to Sapp a year or 2 back and wanted to discuss merger, I would definitely had listened.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff have in fact uncovered some rare footage of a thwarted merger effort by RFC in the parking lot of Queen's Park a couple of years back...

Last edited by a moderator:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that looks like cloughie in his playing days with the yankee jacket on
if ya know him he has a good sence of humour tae
gis yer jacket
chewndafat

sidtheskid

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 2 - Sapperton 0

Finally we got buried some of the chances that we got as this was a huge win for us even though its early in the season. We had a few chances in a evenly played first half but the Sapperton goalie came up huge. They had a chance cleared off the line but it was 0-0 at half. We then got two quick goals 5 minutes apart about 15 minutes into the second from the exact same area as both goals were scored on headers by Miso Rakita on free kicks. We has some chances to really put the game away when Sapperton was pushing forward but were once again denied by their goalie. Sapperton pressured late and hit a crossbar with 7 minutes left. The guys played really well today and this is a nice step forward for us.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught two 2nd halves this weekend:

Surrey 3 Inter 1

Lots of 40 yard balls knocked forward by both teams, seems to be the trend this year. Surrey had some great chances early in the half to really put the game away, but they missed 3 sitters. Inter had it's chances later in the half and should have had at least two themselves. Game was decided with 10 minutes left as Rizal was taken down in the box for a peno and subsequent red card.

Surrey has lots of players that have recently completed college/university in Canada or the states (Peetoom, Proctor, Barrett, Stewart, Davis), in addition Leslie, Burke, Wilson and Ganief give them lots of options. And McCauley, Skinner and Clarkie weren't even there....they will be good if the guy with the Surrey United jersey, yellow binnie and baseball cap can keep they cohesive and happy.

Akal 1 Club Ireland 1

It appears that Ireland's goalkeeping is solved......Caldwell is very good:D Ireland had more possession, but Akal did counter well with BJ Rockson, Arash Farooze and Javid Khan. Arash with a straight red with about 20 to go and Ireland really applied the pressure but Nuno was outstanding in perserving the tie. Brutal late challenge by our left mid late that should have been more than a yellow. A respectable 5 points after 4 games, but things will only get more difficult as teams start to pick up their college/university players.

Gilly

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears that Ireland's goalkeeping is solved......Caldwell is very good:D

Surely you're TTPing ;)

A decent point for us last night out at Newton. The game itself went back and forth, and in the opening 45 both teams created a few chances for themselves. We countered once off of a corner kick as I punted it long and were rewarded with a clumsy challenge in the box for a PK. Minutes after converting, we fell asleep and one of their front runners got an inside step on our CB and slotted home a good finished, ruining my run of clean sheets! 1-1 at the half. More of the same in the second half with neither team giving up too much of anything. As Gilly mentioned, the game changed when Akals man got the straight red. IMO it was rather soft, but in fairness, that ref was brutal for both teams. All in all I thought we should have made more of our advantage with 20-25 to go, but alas we couldn't pull it off.

Akal is certainly a young team and quite similar to us, but will be a handful for most teams throughout the season.

On to next week..

CICwhohasGKfever..

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CIC- 1 goal against in three starts. I'd say pretty darn nice.

Gilly- nice to meet you. And yes, I am cranky these days.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Croatia finaly got three points. Coach thats only 250 coaching. Not good. See what you guys do next week. I still think HBH is a better player, ACBC loves him.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs if your back side looks like your post photo you will be best known guy in Langley. Better yet sore. Stop that Sir M is looking for you. Au if Croatia wins next game I might watch the game after that. Went to see Watchers side play. True kick and run ball. Pocco premier side is Ok and it will be a tough side come playoffs. Best known Burnaby guy is in comand. In my opinion Punjabi Huracane,Acal and Serbia will be fighting who will stay. I must say Ruben is doing a better job that Willy did. I heard Ang is going to Burnaby league soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0