Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outkast, Sapperton played silky smooth football which was evident from the first minute. None of the players complained on the park and no one on the sidelines did either. The guy who was sent off didn't deserve to be sent off earlier than he was for extra 'dissent'. At the end of the day, ICST lacked the qualities that Sapperton had........get stuck into tackles whether it be late or on time. There were too many people in tonight's game for ICST Peg who weren't willing to give what they got in my opinion. But Sapperton deserves credit for getting 6 points out of 6 against two teams they probably should not have defeated.......but that's life.

I should have taken that bet, what a weaksauce POST though, sarcasm isn't your thing Captain Cranky Pants it makes you sound bitter. Despite everything said this was a good game, similar to our Westside tilt, only this time the Referee tried to ruin it for us, oh well better luck next time! Sidebar battle was the battle of the BCPL opposite supporters, have to say I was looking forward to that.:cool: Look forward to the re-match as they are 1 of the better teams we've met.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
what the hell is going on over at peg?? reedie??

What is going my friend Outkast is that we are finding a new way to drop points every weekend. A couple of straight reds, 2 last second goals conceeded, controversial referee decisions, bad bounces, and some very lethal errors. All things which were not happening to us very much at all last season. I am not making excuses whatsoever because the final scoreline is the final scoreline and you have to do whatever it takes to win a game. Every team that has beaten us has deserved the victory, including Sapperton last night. Full marks to them for a gutting that one out.

We have several new additions to our team this year...all very high quality players and starters on most any team in this league. We have improved....on paper. But we are learning that talent alone does not guarantee results in this league and apparently it is taking us some time to find our team chemistry again. We all need to be better, including me, and perhaps we could take a page from the Sappertons and Westsides of our league in terms of battling hard for 90 minutes to get a victory. Afterall, these are the teams we are looking up at in the standings, along with many others at this time.

I do have the confidence that our group will stick together, respond to this adversity and turn things around in the near future. Hopefully this starts next weekend vs. Richmond, another very hard working team.

Let's hope the Captain isn't predicting we win that game...all of his picks seem to be leading my astray of late :cool:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedi you know talent means nothing. It is dam ditch diggers that get the wins. League has tomany sides plus Fraser Valley League has three good sides there also. There is not enough of premier level players. Lots have skill but lack in drive an man marking. They only play when they get the ball. Some lack in size for that league. At any time if you put two skilled guys that lack in any other part of their game will coast you a goal. I have watched you guys play. Far tomany short passes. Game has to move in to last third with least amount of passes to get the wins. You guys head it last year. This year two guys are not at that level for ninty minutes and it shows in the standings. Your friend on Croatia SC has the same problem. It will be fun to watch you guys play Croatia SC.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No this a is factual-based report. You owe Sapp points.

You are seriously having a laugh.....you had a couple of chances, yes, but you seem to have forgotten that you didn't touch the ball for large stretches of the game and the chances we missed should have resulted in jail time.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 2 - Hurricanes 2

We started off really fast and got two goals in the first 20 minutes and were pressuring them for the first 40 mins. We got a very nice goal on a give and go in which our striker scored into the far corner and then got one 10 minutes later when our striker was brought down in the box and Sunny Bains stepped up and put one past the canes keeper. They got one with 5 minutes left in the half on a great through ball and their forward beat Richard in net. They really pressured us in the second half with many good chances but our keeper Richard Goddard played really well to keep them at bay. With 9 minuted left they scored on yet another through ball and that was the game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should have taken that bet, what a weaksauce POST though, sarcasm isn't your thing Captain Cranky Pants it makes you sound bitter. Despite everything said this was a good game, similar to our Westside tilt, only this time the Referee tried to ruin it for us, oh well better luck next time! Sidebar battle was the battle of the BCPL opposite supporters, have to say I was looking forward to that.:cool: Look forward to the re-match as they are 1 of the better teams we've met.

Well in, Cloughie. As I said it was a tough six points you have earned the last couple of weekends and your team definitely appeared to want the game more than the ICST Peg lads.......Not bitter at all but I'm glad you didn't see my bet until it was too late. :D

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancin Bear - Quote from one of your own players "we stole that one for sure"

Have to side with WAB on this one

Feel honoured that you address your first post to me. Scoring at the death may be considered a steal but based on the overall match, Westside was the better team. Sapp, perhaps only on that day, were very poor in my opinion. Good luck the rest of the way.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
....Scoring at the death may be considered a steal but based on the overall match, Westside was the better team. Sapp, perhaps only on that day, were very poor in my opinion....
Ya, Sapp always plays to the level of their competition.
I thought the 1st half was WS, but the 2nd Sapp really deserved the win especially missing 3 empty nets in the last 20 min (How the Sapp player missed from1 yard out off the long throw is anyone's guess). But dem the breaks......:(

Good luck the rest of the way.;)

BTW, when was that game played?????

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2-0 over Inter. Columbus the better team. They scored both goals on rebounds. Erman stopped two Columbus players from close range, and the Inter defenders were slow to react to the rebounds. Rumour has it that Erman is being courted by another team, again.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Whitecaps reseve keeper. The best young guy around. Just needs a chance. Sometimes I wonder where do the top guys get the guys bring in. Erman is better than both up there. He has to change his citiy-zen ship to Turkish and than he has a chance. One day we will see him on top.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erman is an alcoholic and a bully. He pressures you into doing Red Dragons and then laughs when you're sick and puking. I hate him. :mad: The Unicorns have tabled a serious offer for him: The Honourable Gregor Robertson has offered a 30% discount on a condo in the Olympic Athletes Village in exchange for his goalkeeping services.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 2 RFC 0

We started off poorly conceding a goal inside the first 10 minutes and went down furthermore about 10 minutes later on a soft PK call by Whistle Blower IMO. 2-nil 25 minutes in. We created a few half chances in the remainder of the half but came away empty handed. Second half we played a much better team game after a couple of subs and looked more dangerous going forward, but chasing the game at this point we left ourselves open to the counter attack which Surrey constantly looked dangerous on, hitting the post once and the crossbar off a corner kick. They created another chance off the counter resulting in a PK, this time I managed to stop it. Too little too late as we couldn't manage to get anything from the game resulting in our 3rd defeat in as many weeks. It's starting to get stale:(

CICwhoisputtingawayhisGKgloves

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going out on a limb and saying this ISN'T the one you saved? :cool:

Attachments

• CIC.jpg
    CIC.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 482

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done CIC, nice stop and nice photo. Still can't believe you are there keeper now. What happened to 6-5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0