Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what, a little brother of a player got stitches today - boo hoo. It fcukin happens all the time in sport. Suck it up!

Interesting comment. I guess there is a huge hockey influence into soccer in Lower Mainland.

One thing is to play aggressively, the other one is to play dirty. Where is the line? I guess it could be easily the number of injured players among the opponents. Those who watched the games can judge. But, the bottom line is that the refs should know the difference (hopefully they do not ref hockey games too).

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting comment. I guess there is a huge hockey influence into soccer in Lower Mainland.

One thing is to play aggressively, the other one is to play dirty. Where is the line? I guess it could be easily the number of injured players among the opponents. Those who watched the games can judge. But, the bottom line is that the refs should know the difference (hopefully they do not ref hockey games too).

Kevin Hearne played aggressively and clean - won the 50/50 ball every time - and injured many. I wish he was still around to play these wimps. I wish I was still playing; these girls would be easy opponents.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hearne played aggressively and clean - won the 50/50 ball every time - and injured many. I wish he was still around to play these wimps. I wish I was still playing; these girls would be easy opponents.

Kevin Hearne was as tough as they come.......not cheap.......there is a difference. RIP, Criminal. :(

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

...and injured many!!! With all due respect, "injured many" says it all!

A lot of young players play this season in Premier League; just finished youth competitions (U-18) or a year older. I watched one team that had 7-8 of those young kids in first 11. Great ball movement, fast paced soccer, in a good shape, apparently a lot of those kids won in a youth competition everything they could (Nationals, Provincials, Super-Y, BC AAA, and so on).

What most of those kids lack (at this moment) is that they are still not physically very strong. Do we need some of those who play aggressively and "injure many" to injure some of those talented kids? I do not think so! I'd rather watch talented young players than those who "injure many".

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What team are you talking about RL RCD?

Watched MF Wolves twice this year. Apparently they had a lot of 1991s and 1992s. U-18 (1992) MF National champions just recently and U-21 (1991) last year won everything (Provincials, VMSL League and Cup).
It looked to me that MF had a good combination of some very experienced and some young players (based on those games that I watched).

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What most of those kids lack (at this moment) is that they are still not physically very strong. Do we need some of those who play aggressively and "injure many" to injure some of those talented kids? I do not think so! I'd rather watch talented young players than those who "injure many".
Are you serious? Are you listening to what you are saying? These "kids" (aka children) are not ready for this level, period. They are not strong enough - their bodies have not developed to handle the grind of mens soccer. U21 perhaps. I've seen 15 year-olds with more talent than men, but it doesn't mean they can play mens soccer - not yet. A very big part of SPORT is to be physically able - talent wise, mental-wise, strength-wise.

Kevin was a 2-time CIS university player of the year. Very strong and very effective. Had a great shot, scored tonnes of goals, and could head the ball with the best of them. You would expect him to ease up in games so that the small guy can win the ball and show his skills? Sheer nonsense!

Like I have said before:
GO PLAY ANOTHER SPORT IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE PHYSICAL ASPECT OF SOCCER!!!!!!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you serious? Are you listening to what you are saying? These "kids" (aka children) are not ready for this level, period. They are not strong enough - their bodies have not developed to handle the grind of mens soccer. U21 perhaps. I've seen 15 year-olds with more talent than men, but it doesn't mean they can play mens soccer - not yet. A very big part of SPORT is to be physically able - talent wise, mental-wise, strength-wise.

Kevin was a 2-time CIS university player of the year. Very strong and very effective. Had a great shot, scored tonnes of goals, and could head the ball with the best of them. You would expect him to ease up in games so that the small guy can win the ball and show his skills? Sheer nonsense!

Like I have said before:
GO PLAY ANOTHER SPORT IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE PHYSICAL ASPECT OF SOCCER!!!!!!

That's wonderful WAB but how do you REALLY feel about the matter?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob,

All I am saying is that the one thing is an aggressive but fair play and completely opposite is aggressive and dirty with the intention to injure the opponent. That is why the refs have to prevent overly aggressive players to try to injure their opponents when frustrated with the opponent’s skills.
In fact, this does not have anything with the age. It is a basic fair play.
AGGRESSIVE AND FAIR –YES
AGGRESSIVE WITH INTENTION TO INJURE - NO
We all can recognize the difference!

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was one game where Sapp did resort to playing hockey, but that was in the '06 Nationals with WAB skating around Newton hitting every Ontario player he could…. Classic!! :D

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp = Broad Street Bullies of the Vmsl. j/k

RL RCD how was the Justin Bieber concert?:eek: j/k

teams just need to adapt / adjust for 2 weeks of the season..

WAB needs a suit like that

Attachments

• ff_1_416_1.JPG
    ff_1_416_1.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 428

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played at Sapp in the past and have played against them this year, I don’t see what makes them a dirty team….

They play hard, which most teams do. I don’t think they have intent to injure. They don’t have the size that they use too, so all they talk about them being a bruising team is just that…. Talk….

my opinion might change after we play them again....;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To interject: Blaming Kevin for injuring you in a tackle is like blaming the wall you just ran into for knocking you out.

... and did I just log into Bizzaro TTP? ... Gagnes and Phillips are now considered "goons" in this league? Holy shite, man up buttercups.

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was one game where Sapp did resort to playing hockey, but that was in the '06 Nationals with WAB skating around Newton hitting every Ontario player he could…. Classic!! :D

WOW..... Nationals!!! Sapp went to Nationals with a hockey style. How could this happen? I guess the league is not caring for the rest of the teams if that happened. Or maybe Azzi just likes Sapp.. Skates and all :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So true, defector. I had a great time in that game. My "tackle" on that guy 1 minute in was a solid yellow (wasn't frustrated - just setting the tone). After that, it was just a good old fashion hockey game.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0