Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he was a good coach he would have never got the team relegated and would stay with the team if they did get relegated. But then again i am just a cowboy living in calgary and have no clue about football.

And a side note WHO THE FCUK would call themselves cloughie or even be in the same sentence , right there he should be ashamed ,probably a typical englishmen who has a accent must be a great football coach!!!!!! AH the BS in Van how i miss it lol. Bunch of plumbers!!!!

Is it true that Scottish men where kilts because sheep are paranoid by the sounds of a zipper? :wa:

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden Boot Award
Year Player Team
1998-1999
Simon Heald Westside FC
1999-2000 Iain Sneddon Metro-Ford Wolves
2000-2001 Danny Sankar Indo FC
2001-2002 Craig Chiasson Rino's Westside
2002-2003 Shawn Blakeway Surrey United
2003-2004 Alex Elliott Columbus FC
Peter Bergholz SportsTown Firemen
2004-2005 Joe Scigliano Columbus-Clan FC
2005-2006 Shawn Blakeway Surrey United
Ryan Dormer Sporting Club
2006-2007 Niall Thompson Firefighters
2007-2008 Kevin Crouch ICSF Inter
2008-2009 Tiernan King Columbus-Clan FC
2009-2010 Tino Cucca ICSF Inter

I wonder when a player from Metro-Ford will win this award again for Fcuk sake!!! Reedie i don't see your name up there but then again they only started keeping track in 98. Reedie easily you were the best striker in BC i have ever seen , and i am being totally honest when i say that.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get a room...

What ever happened to Alex Elliot? I remember that season, that kid was on fire. I think he was only 17 at the time too.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get a room...

What ever happened to Alex Elliot? I remember that season, that kid was on fire. I think he was only 17 at the time too.

He played NCAA and then went to Germany for a couple of years. He came back to Vancouver and was with the Caps towards the end of last season, but got cut before MLS Training Camp started. The last I heard he was rumoured to be joining FC Edmonton, but I don't see him on their website and I know he is currently in town running a Futsal League out of the Richmond oval.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next game Croatia VS Akal, it is for all the beans. Lets hear it from you. Who will win? One could win lots of money on this one or loose lots. Darn it it's tempting. Miller you saw both what is your thought on this one.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard from Star #1 that Sapp beat West Van 2-1 in league play tonight. The Croats and Akal are 0-0 with 10-15 min to go.

Hard Ballz

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two-nine,

Say it ain't so.....you lost to your arch nemesis cloughie? What is the world coming to? He must have poisoned those doughnuts he gave you before the match. No nail in the coffin tonight

TA

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
that's the thing TA, no donuts. Sapp scored in the first five, shot goal as i like to call it. Same guy for Sapp walked around me about ten minutes later but shanked it. We finally got going and did well for the rest of the half. Their keeper made two back to back saves to keep it 1-0 at the half.
We tied it up midway through the second on a nice volleyed shot and pressed for more. Sapp got there second with about 20 left when the ball bounced over my defenders foot to Jason and he hit a laser into the side net from just outside the 18. We pressed and came very close to scoring and they had a few chances too. Congrats to Sapp on three big points. I still don't like your coach, but good luck the rest of the way.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good fight for the last few relegation spots:

Westside, Croatia, and Akal with 3 games left, Hurricanes and Sapperton with 2 games left,

Westside 27 (Akal, Serbia, Inter)
Croatia 27 (WV, Surrey, Indo)
Hurricanes 26 (Indo, Columbus)
Sapperton 24 (Delta, MF)
Akal 18 (Westside, WV, Surrey)

How about a Hurricane tie, a Sapperton win, Akal wins out and both Croatia and Westside lose 3 straight?!?! The league would have to have a 5 team round robin to determine the last two relegation spots!!!

Personally, I think Westside and Croatia are safe, Akal is in trouble, thus either Hurricanes or Sapperton will be be relegated. Sapperton with an easier schedule as Delta and Metro Ford have little to play for and could potentially rest players or be missing players around Spring Break. However, Hurricanes control their own destiny and should be safe with a win in one of their final two games.

Should be an interesting finish.

Gilly

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 -WestVan 1

Jason's goal was an absolute cracker from about 25 out - it just seemed like 18 out because it got to the net so fast.

I hope Gilly is not correct. I would like to think that Sapp will have a playoff against Croatia and/or Hurricanes. I think Sapp will get a result in one of their remaining games and then will need a lot of help.

A playoff vs Hurricanes would be like that great game 3 years ago at Mercer Stadium when both teams were going for promotion.

show

May 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the WV/SAPP game...the man in the middle was our bald friend. I don't think he gave out a single card and didn't play 10+ mins of stoppage.

29 kept it close. Although both teams missed a boatload of chances.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good fight for the last few relegation spots:

Westside, Croatia, and Akal with 3 games left, Hurricanes and Sapperton with 2 games left,

Westside 27 (Akal, Serbia, Inter)
Croatia 27 (WV, Surrey, Indo)
Hurricanes 26 (Indo, Columbus)
Sapperton 24 (Delta, MF)
Akal 18 (Westside, WV, Surrey)

How about a Hurricane tie, a Sapperton win, Akal wins out and both Croatia and Westside lose 3 straight?!?! The league would have to have a 5 team round robin to determine the last two relegation spots!!!

Personally, I think Westside and Croatia are safe, Akal is in trouble, thus either Hurricanes or Sapperton will be be relegated. Sapperton with an easier schedule as Delta and Metro Ford have little to play for and could potentially rest players or be missing players around Spring Break. However, Hurricanes control their own destiny and should be safe with a win in one of their final two games.

Should be an interesting finish.

Gilly

Looks like we may have someting to say about who is getting relegated this season, as we play both Croatia and Hurricanes. We have been looking for an opportunity to give all of our U-21 guys a run. I hope this does not upset Cloughie and WAB.

:wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0