Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Dec 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side A

# Team GP - PTS
1 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 11- 29
2 ICSF Inter "A" 9 - 18
3 Firefighters "A" 10 - 15
4 Sporting Club "A" 9 - 14
5 Indo-Akal FC "A" 9 - 7
6 West Van FC "A" 10 - 6
7 Westside Rino "A" 10 - 3

Side B

# Team GP - PTS
1 Surrey United "A" 11 - 28
2 Sapperton Rovers "A" 10 - 21
3 Columbus-Clan FC "A" 10 - 15
4 Norvan Eagles 10 - 13
5 AFC Leopards "A" 11 - 11
6 Croatia SC "A" 12 - 11
7 Burnaby Canadians "A" 12 - 11

December banter, such that it is, here...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fans may not be able to see local soccer due to the snow, but they can catch their favourite Sapp players dishing out food to seniors on Wednesday in New West. Reccos or WAB can give us a report about thsi charity event on Thursday. Speaking of charity work, perhaps Surrey can drop points so Sapp and Clanbus can catch up.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV said:
Fans may not be able to see local soccer due to the snow, but they can catch their favourite Sapp players dishing out food to seniors on Wednesday in New West. Reccos or WAB can give us a report about thsi charity event on Thursday. Speaking of charity work, perhaps Surrey can drop points so Sapp and Clanbus can catch up.
Is this for charity or for the field weaver needs
:D :p :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF vs Trollup - was cancelled on Turf???

I hear but not confirmed...

Croatia v Sapperton 1-1
Firetown and Westside. 0-0

Surrey beat BBY 3-0 last night on THE WORST turf in the entire world. The Apprentice did impress playing an entire 90 minutes in the back with a wet mattress stuffed under his shirt.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Surrey beat BBY 3-0 last night on THE WORST turf in the entire world. The Apprentice did impress playing an entire 90 minutes in the back with a wet mattress stuffed under his shirt.
Surrey is a very good team from front to back, and they are very quick up front. They must have been missing some guys because KNVB got the start and played the entire game. The last time i seen somebody get beat so many times , was a fat fcuking WOP on Commercial. ;) Merry Christmas.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
The last time i seen somebody get beat so many times , was a chug on Hastings and Main. ;) Merry Christmas.
"A chug" ...Thats a very nice :rolleyes: Christmas-ey sentiment. :(

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To: The Apprentice.

I rarely post on TTP - but do yourself a favour and delete your 2:52 pm entry if possible.

Just some friendly advice and not to step on any moderators uhm, toes.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 INDO/AKAL 0

A good game at MUCKnair Park. A scoreless first half, where we outchanced Inter, but could not finish some glorious scoring opportunites. The 2nd half, Inter had more possession and were rewarded with a Corazza goal with about 15 to play. We pressed and created some chances, but unfortunately could not finish. In my opinion, one possibly three points that we dropped. I guess that's why Inter is near the top of the table, while we round out the bottom three.

Onto Surrey next week, before the break..

Gilly

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter's 1-0 result at Indo suprised me a little and therefore I felt the need to post regarding this game. It is true that Inter have lacked the amount of finishing one would expect from a team with so much up front, however I would also like to compare Inter to the Westside glory days a few years ago. It seemed like those Westside teams were always so patient and would always jam late in a game to snatch 3 points away from teams that worked tirelessly for 90 minutes and deserved a tie, if not a win themsleves. Inter's unimpressive 1 goal victories this season is, perhaps indicative of thier newfound patience and perhaps maturity as they grow into their 4th consecutive season of being one of the more dominant premier teams. I do agree that it is too early to tell, but tradition has it, that they have lacked that hunger and maturity when it comes to cup play. Maybe this year will prove different. Then again, they have only played one of the 'big teams' this year (MF twice and lost both times), so we will have to wait and see

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks as thought Metro Ford has lost their first of the season. Must first congratulate Metro Ford for a great start to the year and to Columbus to giving them thier first loss. Interesting to see the game report on this one.

Cheers
JB

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 1 - Indo/Akal 0

SU with the winner with 15 left in the game.... SU's keeper played awesome to blank Indo/Akal.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The excellent site has the score as 2-2, but I thought the AFC/FFighter's match ended 2-1 AFC. I got there at half time and was told the score was 1-1(Ian?). The only goal after that was the strike from Drew in the last 20min. Must have been 2-1 at the half.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
INDO/AKAL 0 Surrey United 1

Almost a replay of last weeks game against Inter. A uneventful first half with a slight edge to Surrey who created more in the attacking third. Scoreless at half. Second half had Surrey sustain some early pressure/chances, however, with about 1/2 hour left, we seemed to get our composure and created a few more chances of our own. Smiley was unbelieveable, he made 4 or 5 brillant saves in a 10-15 minute span to keep the game tied, and as so often happens against the run of play, Surrey scored off a corner, as an unmarked Elliot scored a diving header. We contined to press, and very well deserved to equalize, but Drew was at his very best today. FCUKER!!:D

It's a cliche, but we have deserved a better faith this season, but the bottom line remains the same, we are in the relegation zone heading into the break. Hopefully, we can build on a couple of consecutive good team performances, get some healthy bodies back, and have a better 2006. Eight games remaining, and we need to start get results, quickly, otherwise, lets not talk about going down that road again!!!!:mad:

PS/ Prediction: Smiley player of the week hands down!!! Enjoy your pizza Drew, eaten of course on the premises:)

PSS/ Marty: Manchild and I are looking for our invite to the World Cup tourney on the "below the equator" team:D

Cheers and enjoy the Holidays!!!

Gilly

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The below the equator team is shaping up nicely I hear Gilly you best reserve your spot early. :D

Indo, I would venture to say, were the hardest working side we've faced this season and if not for Drew, as mentioned, we probably would have been on the wrong end of that result.

Fcuking Didar running up for last minute corner kicks sure gives a guy nightmares, dunnit? Especially considering 3 - 4 years ago he actually scored one on us at McNair one rain Sunday. He almost got the bloody equalizer today too. I

thought we were just flat out poor today to be honest, not taking away anything from Indo's fine work, but by-passed the midfield way to much in the first and in the second too many bad balls and poor turnovers and brain farts kept leading to, waaay to many Indo counter attacks and close calls. I thought Jason Sari(sp) was dangerous as well as CJ. Jinky little bugger wouldn't sit still.

Merry ho ho's and a happy festavis to all...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Indo - SU game and Indo looked very good. SU didn't look as sharp as they have of late but they have some lethal weapons that can score at anytime and that's what happened. Indo does not look like a team that should be in relegation trouble but it looks like it's one of those seasons.

Drew looked amazing! His positioning in the net and decision making of when to challenge was perfect. On the other end, Didar looked good too. Two awesome keepers. Then you have Sheps on the bench for SU for this game. I believe most people would agree that SU has two of the best goalies ever to play in Drew Smiley and Paul Shephard and what a luxury that is for SU.

Indo looks like one of those teams that needs to capitalize early on their chances or risk having one mental lapse on the defensive end bite them in the ass. They really deserved at least a draw and maybe a win out of this game, but Drew literally stoned them. I hope they keep working hard and can pull themselves out of the relegation zone because they are a bonafide Premier team and a good one.

KNVB, you worked hard and had a very good game other than your typical few giveaways that leaves everyone shaking their heads. But then we hear the "Oh shite" and the sprint to win the ball back, and you usually do. I think you should make a point of playing like that all the time......you would enjoy more possession. hehehe:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0