Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter December 07'

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter December 07'

Captain Shamrock, whats your presiction for tonights game between indo/temple vs. afc

ST4life......I never predict games where my teams are directly involved in.....so I'm just going to say that we REALLY need the three points. As do AFC.......I know, it's a pretty boring prediction.....

What is your prediction, ST4life? Will I see you at the game tonight? :)

ST4life

Nov 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

ST4life......I never predict games where my teams are directly involved in.....so I'm just going to say that we REALLY need the three points. As do AFC.......I know, it's a pretty boring prediction.....

What is your prediction, ST4life? Will I see you at the game tonight? :)

Actually thats a pretty good prediction, ill agree with that, and yes i will be there to witness the game first hand :D. See you tonight.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Clanbus 2 - Norvan 0

Hard fought game between both teams. Clan came on strong for the first 10, resulting in an own goal off a freekick after some sluggish challenges in our own third. Eventually, we got our footing though, adapting to their 3-5-2 and having several opportunities to score but no luck.

Second half was similar - Clan had decent possession, but we had many excellent chances for the equalizer - again, no luck. Couple chances on the goal line that somehow ended in their keeper's hands or wide of the goal. One time, their keeper miskicked a ball straight to Birza who was unfortunate not to slot it.

Their second goal came in the last 10, I believe. Ball off a Clan throw-in to my head, which was lost in the lights, and subsequently headed over our centre back to Tino who was cheating in behind and got the step in front of his man, carrying the ball to the top on the 18 and finishing it well in the bottom left corner.

I liked the way Clan knocked it around, but I wouldn't say they created many chances. We certainly had more chances and better ones at that, but of course, if we can't finish them, we can't make a match of it. I would say a 1-1 tie would have been a fair result, considering Clan's possession and our missed scoring opportunities. Are there games next weekend btw?

shipwreck

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sporting 3 Sapperton 1.

Sporting started game with no bench, starting their backup goalie up front. There were nice goals scored, but both teams looked like they were getting ready for the holidays. The game ended ugly though, with 5 minutes remaining both teams got in to a major pushing match. The end result ref calls game early hands out 5 red cards 2 to Sporting 3 to Sapperton. Well deserved win for Sporting though.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Indo 2 AFC 4

I'm not sure what to say about this but I will say that we were ****ing awful tonight. Same team who played last week against Delta couldn't come up with the same effort. I'm not sure why especially with so much at stake......:mad:

We were up 1 - 0 at the half but should have been up by 3.....another goal post and breakaway save then subsequent rebound blasted over from 15 yards out with the goalie out of position......

Second half...started off well then they scored what could be described as a 'weak' free-kick. We then decided to tank it, giving up 3 goals in 10 minutes........we scored a PK with 10 minutes to go and that was it........Six games to go to try and avoid that dreaded relegation and/or relegation game.........:(

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

WVFC 0-2 Croatia

We came out very slow first 20 mins, gave up a couple good chances, but they didn't finish on them. We then had a couple good chances and couldn't finish ours. 0-0 at half.

Second half about 15-20 mins in they get a PK when there guy breaks through at the top of the 18, pokes the ball wide of goal, and jumps over our goalie as he's doing it, then flops over. Ref calls a PK which obviously we thought was a shite call. For the next 30 mins we then pushed to get a goal but couldn't finish on our chances. They counter-attacked a few times and finally with about 10 mins to go got the 2nd goal and pretty much put it away.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watched AFC - Indo, and I must say AFC looks pretty good. Croatian striker (not sure why he is not playing for Croatia), had a great game for AFC. As for all the people who were saying that Premier is not competitive because of too many teams, just look at it now. AFC beat Inter, Sap, now Indo. 14 team Premier is perfect, and as there is so much competion between teams.

AFC will stay in Premier. Too bad for all of those who were in favour of 12 team Prem, as they now, might have to go back to Div 1.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are there games this weekend? I'm assuming that's it for the year.

Seds

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's it till January 6/7 weekend.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

A 12 team premier is still going to be better than a 14 team premier. For me it's not about making the league more competitive because I agree that any given team in premier can beat any other team. The greatest thing about only having 12 teams in premier next year will be that there will only be one group of 12 teams and everyone gets to play everyone else twice during the season.

Cheers,
Gomesy

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

They are loose, especially Ivan Lee, regardless of that, they still beat Westside 2-1.

For those of you who click on the link 65 posted I suggest you don't "skip into".. on fire. Regs you should have something like that on TTP.

jinchu

Sep 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

that intro need to be updated. Some of those players retired, the jerseys don't even exsist anymore, some even transfer to new team...That intro is from the world cup 98...we in 07, eve of 08
they should have an intro with picture featuring vmsl team and player....

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

that intro need to be updated. Some of those players retired, the jerseys don't even exsist anymore, some even transfer to new team...That intro is from the world cup 98...we in 07, eve of 08
they should have an intro with picture featuring vmsl team and player....

What is the song called on the intro? It makes me want to have a seizure and I like it.

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh man I just watched it again and it is painful...what a weak-a$$ website the league runs. My cousin plays in the Women's Metro League and that website is light years ahead of this trashy one. Mouspaint incorporated into the intro??? Yikes...For a league that is number 1 in the Province it sure has an outdated and sh!tty website.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree that each team should play eachother twice. Having two sides A and B is just stupid. I hope the league sees this and changes it. At the end of the season, you can truly say which team is the strongest and which is the weakest.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0