Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter December 08'/January 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have not, in recent memory, seen a display of lack of confidence, and it must be said, utter incompetence as I saw tonight by the officials out at Ambleside.

Give me strength.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1
RCIU 0

huge win tonite. fortunate to get the 3 points as two sitters for RCIU were cleared off the line. difficult playing conditions on a slick pg turf. we'll take the result though. just gets tighter with some big results around the league...wow.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz: Two ladies, and the near side linesman was a guy. He was really bad, and the head official was bad. The far side referee's assistant was OK.

Its history now though.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz: Two ladies, and the near side linesman was a guy. He was really bad, and the head official was bad. The far side referee's assistant was OK.

Its history now though.
She was the "head" official? Was she experienced? I need a cold shower.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
no way that she should have had that game last night. I have seen her ref games very well in the past but she should have not been in the middle last night. Our first game this season was very heated as well and there was a scrum at the end of the game in that one. Azzi was at that game and he saw what happened and he must have known that the second game was going to be a rough one. Having said all that, Columbus played a lot better last night and although i thought a tie would have been a fair result, Columbus scored in injury time for the winner. The scrum that happened last night was after they scored their second goal diblasio made a stupid tackle, our guy got up and got in his face and shite hit the fan with diblasio taking a lesson from mattirazi (sp) by grabbing his face and falling back. Whether he actually head butted him or not i do not know but i do know that diblasio is a bitch and he fully embelished the situation. After that there was more of a scrum and the result was the ref giving us two reds and one yellow for their team. Don't know how they didn't get a red as well but the ref said after that she didn't see them deserve a red. The game ended soon after that. Azzi if you are reading this, give your head a shake and actually think about what you are doing and who you are sending to officiate big games. Look forward to getting another chance at Columbus and hopefully i'll have a better game next time. 29

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, I don't think Azzi has too much to do with the scheduling of refs for games.

Isn't that Angelo's job?

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry, my bad. Then azzi should have talked to angelo and let him know what happened in the first game and then angelo could have acted accordingly. I wonder if they are going to consider this if we meet in a cup game because i guarantee that the next game is going to be one to watch. On to Inter next week.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 0 Norvan 0

A tie was probably a fair result based on the day. Blakes missed a sitter early, Strecks was unlucky on his effort, and Ermie made a good save to keep it a tie late in the game. Inter probably had more possession, but Norvan is effective with their long balls up to Blakes and counter off his flicks and knock downs, not pretty, but effective for their style of play.

On another note,

West Van will probably be missing Leo and Milad next week. Could be some lengthy suspensions for the head butt by Nash, and sucker punch by Rahmati. I predict 5-7 games for those types of infractions. Oh well, West Van has a deep bench, but it will be nice to play West Van without those two next week.

Gilly

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite the lobbying job gilly. Perhaps you should drop by the hearing on Thursday to plead your case about unrealistic suspensions to players from other teams.

Win it on the pitch son.

But enough about that. I dropped by a North Shore league over 30s game this morning, and saw Rene reffing. That caused me to wonder, why is he officiating that game, and the ref that bungled the Columbus/WV game was reffing Friday? If Rene was officiating the Premier game Friday, no one would have been suspended.

It defies logic. I am serious.

Sir M.

DCR20

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note,

West Van will probably be missing Leo and Milad next week. Could be some lengthy suspensions for the head butt by Nash, and sucker punch by Rahmati. I predict 5-7 games for those types of infractions. Oh well, West Van has a deep bench, but it will be nice to play West Van without those two next week.

Gilly

Gilly, were you at the game?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even if he was DCR20, that effort is pretty desperate, transparent, and completely inaccurate.

Too bad really.

Sir M.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly, were you at the game?

No I wasn't, but I was just commenting on the infractions themselves. I am sure that both players involved will have a chance to explain/defend their actions. However, my feeling is that headbutting and sucker punching are not typical soccer related fouls and should be dealt with severely if indeed that was what occurred.

Ultimately players are responsible for their actions.

Sir M,

Desperate, transparent, and completely inaccurate. Nice, you sound like Oranje. Maybe nothing really happened and perhaps you could give an accurate, clear and unbiased opinion of the events that took place.

Gilly

ALASKA

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it true their were two red cards,given to West Van players and witch two .If anyone knows ,might be intresting to know who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0