Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Feb 06'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last night it was Metro Ford 2 West Van 0 out in Coquitlam. MF got their second goal with about 2 seconds left in the game. A significantly younger side kind of wore out the WV side by the end, although their goaltender made a blinder save on a Dailly set piece that was labelled with about 10 mins to go.

I believe that clinches Side A for the MF boys, either that or they have a group huddle and jump up and down and sing "Life is Life" (ironically recorded before most of them were born) after every game. :p

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 Norvan 0

That's it for us though. Stalled on a mere 45 points.

Word has it Inter lumped BBY 4-0 and AFC did up Clan-Bus 4-2 meaning it's see you later BBY. Other rumblings, but not confirmed were Croatia sticking it to Indo 4-0 and Sapperton beating Westside which puts them in a word of hurt.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Other rumblings, but not confirmed were Croatia sticking it to Indo 4-0

We did lose, but it was much closer than 4 buzz. Even first half, with us scoring the lone goal on a peno. About 10 minutes into the 2nd half, Masi gets red carded for retailating and elbowing one of our guys. On the ensuing free kick, as our guy went off to stop the bleeding, Croatia scored off a header. 15 minutes later, a miskick by Big D leads to Croatia's 2nd goal. We continue to battle, and score to tie it at 2. However, typical of this year, Croatia scores with about 10 to go and hold on for the win.

Onto next week's Cup game against Firemen at Mucknair.

Gilly

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the AFC - Clanbus game with Ruben and my niños after ours at Hastings. Rene in the middle.

Clanbus up 1-0 with first strike; AFC came back with 3 in a row. Clanbus 1 to make it interesting, then got caught pressing too hard. AFC 4-2. Luca didn't get a helluva lot of help from his back line.

One player from AFC carried off the field; couldn't tell who it was. Very entertaining game.

Trece

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 4 - Burnaby 0

Out of all the games this weekend, including div 2 games, I decided to watch Inter vs Burnaby. Inter is always exciting to watch and play good soccer and Burnaby was fighting for their lives in Premier.

I could honestly say that out of my 5 years watching Premier League soccer, Burnaby was the worst team I have ever seen. They were absolutely shocking and aweful.

A div 2 or even 3 team (not sure if there is a div 3) could have given Burnaby a challenge. For a team fighting to stay up in Premier, they came out with no emotion and quite frankly, based on their performance and team organization, it is better that they are in division 1 next year.

They do have some good players on that team but clearly lack a lot of stuff to consider themselves a premier league team.

Actually, quite frankly, it is better that they are no longer in the Premier League...goodbye Burnaby

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Rino go down, and Westside Rangers go up, my guess some type of arrangement will be worked out between the two teams to have Rino stay up.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dudelove said:
Inter 4 - Burnaby 0
I could honestly say that out of my 5 years watching Premier League soccer......it is better that they are no longer in the Premier League...goodbye Burnaby
I think that's what most people around the league feel as well. There are some good players there but they have been given ZERO direction or discipline on the field. Almost everyone of them let their emotions get the best of them. A couple of loose canons is OK (circa SAP 94 - present), but an entire team! Blame the guys at the top. Either they have no control of their players- in which case they should have dumped them- or they just don't give a shite themselves.

I've seen Gord Chin go from a good kid to an attitude case just because of his surroundings. You get him away from some of those guys and he'll be an even better player than he is now.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
I've seen Gord Chin go from a good kid to an attitude case just because of his surroundings. You get him away from some of those guys and he'll be an even better player than he is now.

Read: there is a spot opn for him on sapperton

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
You get him away from some of those guys and he'll be an even better player than he is now.

Be carefull wab, I think the apprentice paid old Millar a visit after one of the Slurrey practices because they wanted him ot come out and shine knvb's boots.

Tough luck for Burnaby, it is hard to take over brand new team first time in Premier and stay up. Blame Millar, it is all his fault;) .

Why did Burnaby get deducted points?

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well they not be duducted quite yet. I've seen Azzi pull points away from team weeks, even months after the fact. And knowing AFC, you never know what might happen.

BTW Did Masi transfer to Croatia?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, You have no idea what Gordon Chin's attitude is like. You seen him play once this year and you think you know what type of attitude he has? He has a great attitude on and off the field. If you take Gordie away from certain people on that team he will still be the good same guy because Gordie isn't a follower he is a leader.

TA

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
WAB, You have no idea what Gordon Chin's attitude is like. You seen him play once this year and you think you know what type of attitude he has? He has a great attitude on and off the field. If you take Gordie away from certain people on that team he will still be the good same guy because Gordie isn't a follower he is a leader.

TA

Was that TA's little happy valentines plug to gordie...gordie isn't a follower he is a leader. Just when you think valentines day is dead.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just dont like guys taking shots at my little chinaman buddy specially when he is a good fcukin guy.

P.S. : looking for a premier team for next year. I cant make trainings, usually miss about 7 games a year due to partying commitments but I'm willing to drop a dime on nice track suits for the team. Let me know. And it cant be Croatia cause me and Masi are banned from being on the same team together.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
P.S. : looking for a premier team for next year. I cant make trainings, usually miss about 7 games a year due to partying commitments but I'm willing to drop a dime on nice track suits for the team. Let me know. And it cant be Croatia cause me and Masi are banned from being on the same team together.

Strangley enough, I believe him.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super Pippo, good to hear from you brother. Ouzo.

I also forgot to mention on my premier team resume that I have very important work commitments:rolleyes:

TA
shoe boxes all over the back yard

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that Sap is going to be speaking with TA and GC after the season is over. Anyone willing to put in their own money for kit is welcome on Sap.

Missing many games is a bonus.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that's what most people around the league feel as well. There are some good players there but they have been given ZERO direction or discipline on the field.
You're awfully tough on BBY, WAB. Here's a stat for you... Since the Sapp v BBY draw back in early October BBY actually has one more win in their last 12 games than you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0