Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & banter January 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright lads,
Lots to touch on after a review of the last few weeks of posts...

1. The move to a 12 team leaugue is a good thing and a step in the right direction...Canadian football at all levels can't continue to be about "participaction" and the only way to continually improve is to create a competitive environment...now each team can be made up of legitimate premier level players and a team needs to be consistently good to win a trophy!

2. The schedule pre-xmas break needs to get as many games in as possible because we can't control the weather...there is still a chance we get rained/snowed out 2 or 3 more times in Jan/Feb and the same guys whining about 3 weeks off were the same guys complaining 4 years ago when we had to play an Imperial game and a league game on the same weekend. There are plenty of teams available for exhibition games to prep for a cup run if you want to stay sharp!

3. Timing of Schedule is out of our hands based on BC being the only province with a Fall/Spring sched due to climate and the rest of the country can't change...and we can't change due to loss of fields to summer leagues/baseball permits in most districts. Clanbus wasn't a "different" side due to the timing of our league, they were a "depleted" side due to college players not being released due to the timing of Nationals.

4. Congratulations to both Alfredo Valente and Tiarnan King on the birth of their future footballers...Noah Valente and Arliss King will be great going forward but will need a bit of extra instruction on the art of defending!!!

5. Guiness is a wanker, Shamrock shouldn't drink and post or log on and pass out, HOS is the best GK in premier league history, KNVB is funny looking and Seds is too smart for everyone on this site!

I know for some of you, this is all old news but it seems that some of the "new" footballers around town don't quite get the little details behind the scenes that make our league work...common sense isn't very common!!!

All the best in 2008!
Like a fat kid playing dodgeball, I'm OUT!
WC

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter December 07'

12 will be "better" than 14, I have every confidence, but I wouldn't bet the dump truck in the front yard that much will change until the league settles into a groove over a couple year period. The good teams will still be good and the poor teams poor. I can see, however, some of the less than scrupulous teams having a side of 21 players to start the year and down to maybe 13 or 14 to finish when playing time doesn't pan out. A suitcase by any other name is still a suitcase they'll just have fewer teams to choose from.

There is 4 games being booked on turf this week and I think the three weeks prior to Christmas break not a single game was even played on grass (Inter was, but it was at turf field) We'll all be sitting around playing 5 aside for a month, bet on it. (Inter 14 vs 14 )Though I'm sure the big "rush" is due to last years Imperial Cup debacle when only (what was it?) 2 Div 1 sides were allowed to play their one token cup game before getting humped in the next round.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Though I'm sure the big "rush" is due to last years Imperial Cup debacle when only (what was it?) 2 Div 1 sides were allowed to play their one token cup game before getting humped in the next round.

Um, we actually got to play 2 token games before getting 'humped' 2-0 in the semis to the eventual winners, Clanbus. I don't think your mob made it past the quarter-final, did they?;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That wasn't really my point, but zing for you...

:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Best first post by anyone on TTP, well done Wrecking Crew.

12 teams is the way to go.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This just in...

Westside 1 Sapperton 0

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dmb - Croatia called at 55 mins due to wind.

Huh?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Due to wind? Did the lights go out?

I reffed tonight and it was windy too...........oddly enough, I never thought of postponing the game?????????/

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

rumor has it the WVFC game versus Sporting was decided by a poor referee decision

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sporting 2-1 WV.....A win is a win.....let's move on to next week!

p.s...suck it up....it's just a game....has anyone ever overturned a ref's call?....maybe a few!

Hard ballz!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv,

are you shitting me?

We have played there in heavy wind lots of time and never had a game called. was it across the field like usual or coming from the end.

who was the ref?

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wind was so strong that right from the get-go someone had to hold the ball in place for goal kicks cause it was rolling away.

Early in the second half Didar turned around in shock to see that the wind had blown the net up against (moved the entire net about 5 yards) the back fence.......

At that point the ref called the game......

Seemed like the right decision to me;)

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The net had moved in the game I was reffing last night also........the keeper shoved it back in place and the game resumed. :confused:

Anyway, what was the score in the game when it was abandoned?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

0 - 0

It is bullshit, though... Croatia seemed content to play the whole first half with the wind at their back... but once they were fighting it in the second half, they bitched and moaned at the officials... and ran off the field to their cars once the net moved.

The ref should have called it in the first 15 mins, or played it all the way through.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

well done westside boys. huge win. apparently dave irvine with a screamer to get the win. thanks for the heads up text....get in ya dancin bear!! either a win or a snow out next week please. back to the beach....aloha boys!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

0 - 0

It is bullshit, though... Croatia seemed content to play the whole first half with the wind at their back... but once they were fighting it in the second half, they bitched and moaned at the officials... and ran off the field to their cars once the net moved.

The ref should have called it in the first 15 mins, or played it all the way through.

But it is a postponement not a 0-0 result yes?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

"You are so Dutch Oranje"

He may be a little blue/green as well....
SCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0