Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & banter January 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides Millar's personality, lack of personal hygene, weasel like face, and soccer inability he's a pretty good guy!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weasels world wide have just been insulted, well played.

I've got to go... Millar is going to knock a ball this weekend and I need to get a head start if I'm going to catch it.

THESTEAMER

Nov 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb....you're a classic!...i was waiting for someone to wake me up from my hibernation..and i knew it could only be you! put the gloves on and stretch and dive like Moss...and gimme something original when you hit the endzone!!!:bronco:

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3-0 Westside

We scored 15 mins in, after having a shitty start..1-0 at half. We started the second half well, went up 2-0 5mins in and then got another about 10 mins later, that was pretty much the game.

Both teams played well...they are a good, quick, young team, and created a couple good scoring chances..Marco did well to save a one on one, other then that, we pretty much kept possession and had them on their heels most of the game.

Good luck the rest of the way to Westside

Can't wait for Norvan next week...

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3 - Delta 1

Convincing win for us. Could have been more. Should have been 3-0 at half time. Danny Muire got the first off a PK in the first, and Byrza got 2 in the second but was unlucky on a PK. #15 for them was decent - he got their lone goal off a free header. Walks was spot on tonight - didn't put a foot wrong. Both PKs were excellent calls. Their coach was sent off for dissent in the 2nd.

I guess it was a good management decision for us in the end to drop our coach :). Laylow - we play you in 2 weeks. The North Shore derby is gonna be a great battle though. Looking forward to it.

Seds

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 3-0 Westside

We scored 15 mins in, after having a shitty start..1-0 at half. We started the second half well, went up 2-0 5mins in and then got another about 10 mins later, that was pretty much the game.

Both teams played well...they are a good, quick, young team, and created a couple good scoring chances..Marco did well to save a one on one, other then that, we pretty much kept possession and had them on their heels most of the game.

Good luck the rest of the way to Westside

Can't wait for Norvan next week...

****ing brilliant........get your tits out for the lads

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
your nipples are showing cap-eee-tan.
west van is a very good squad. no dailly tonite and it was still some ol' peg class mixed in with some very good youth/younger talent. nico, shorty, doddy mixed in with some younger legs who obviously are into the club = success.
we were outclassed plain and simple. worst part was getting bullied and the ref allowing it....painful. worth taking a red for to save grace, but thought better of it out of respect.
moving on...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
your nipples are showing cap-eee-tan.
west van is a very good squad. no dailly tonite and it was still some ol' peg class mixed in with some very good youth/younger talent. nico, shorty, doddy mixed in with some younger legs who obviously are into the club = success.
we were outclassed plain and simple. worst part was getting bullied and the ref allowing it....painful. worth taking a red for to save grace, but thought better of it out of respect.
moving on...

Totally agree, Smallsy.......I thought West Van was the best team we have faced this year......very few weaknesses and they ARE fit.......

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Temple/Firemen game. I must say that Temple probably deserved better but Firemen are a very smart team and good teams find a way to win. Temple just seems to be missing something as they can't get over the hump but I guess that is what separates the top from the bottom. Temple controlled most of the play and hit 2 posts during the game. Number #19 for Temple was the best player on the field. I think he is 16 years old and definitely a very good player and one to watch in the future.

Dave Morris missed a PK in what was one of the worst PK's I have seen in a long time. Tried to hit it with the outside of the foot and missed the entire net. Not even close.

Leftonly with a beautiful strike from 35 yards out which just missed.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Temple/Firemen game. I must say that Temple probably deserved better but Firemen are a very smart team and good teams find a way to win. Temple just seems to be missing something as they can't get over the hump but I guess that is what separates the top from the bottom. Temple controlled most of the play and hit 2 posts during the game. Number #19 for Temple was the best player on the field. I think he is 16 years old and definitely a very good player and one to watch in the future.

Dave Morris missed a PK in what was one of the worst PK's I have seen in a long time. Tried to hit it with the outside of the foot and missed the entire net. Not even close.

Leftonly with a beautiful strike from 35 yards out which just missed.

You're right.......we are missing something.........goals. :D Our guys played a good game today......and deserved more BUT the Firemen walked away with the 3 points, which is the main objective. The kid's name is Sahil Sandhu.......very very good player....and will be one to watch.

2 more games left and all we can hope for at this point is Westside to lose both and have us win at least ONE game to force a playoff to see who plays in the relegation game and which one drops automatically.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair report Anklebreaker. Indo did deserve at least a tie. Drew hit the crossbar, and Sahil hit the post. The Morris peno was absolutely diabolical. How can an ex professional miss so badly when the game and the subsequent points mean so much to the team, and why didn't the young kid Sahil take the peno. IMO, he was the best player on the field for both teams. He is jinky, quick, smart and full of confidence. I think he would have scored. Oh well hindsight is twenty-twenty. Tough to see Indo fighting the relegation battle, hopefully, a couple wins will get them a playoff against Sapperton or AFC.

A couple of side notes.....Captain you looked very very sharp. You would put Erickson, Capello, Mourinho, Houllier and Benitez to shame. For Firemen, the muppet should have been pulled much much earlier......Hi Niall:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair report Anklebreaker. Indo did deserve at least a tie. Drew hit the crossbar, and Sahil hit the post. The Morris peno was absolutely diabolical. How can an ex professional miss so badly when the game and the subsequent points mean so much to the team, and why didn't the young kid Sahil take the peno. IMO, he was the best player on the field for both teams. He is jinky, quick, smart and full of confidence. I think he would have scored. Oh well hindsight is twenty-twenty. Tough to see Indo fighting the relegation battle, hopefully, a couple wins will get them a playoff against Sapperton or AFC.

A couple of side notes.....Captain you looked very very sharp. You would put Erickson, Capello, Mourinho, Houllier and Benitez to shame. For Firemen, the muppet should have been pulled much much earlier......Hi Niall:D

Morris stepped up to take it, Gilly, and that is why he took it. Apparently it was quite a miss.......

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were awful tonight, and I am somewhat shocked to see Indo in the battle they are in, smart from the back, the kid is talented. The argument could stand for Morris up front (maybe) to help pot some goals, but what a relief every time he go the ball tonight, because when he did, the game came to a grinding halt of going nowhere step over, balls kicked out of a bounds - we all have mingers, but f*ck me.

Metroford to pay for our cooler the rest of the season was the text I returned to post game from middle management (assuming Azzi still is upper).

Not much more to report

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3 - Delta 1

Convincing win for us. Could have been more. Should have been 3-0 at half time. Danny Muire got the first off a PK in the first, and Byrza got 2 in the second but was unlucky on a PK. #15 for them was decent - he got their lone goal off a free header. Walks was spot on tonight - didn't put a foot wrong. Both PKs were excellent calls. Their coach was sent off for dissent in the 2nd.

I guess it was a good management decision for us in the end to drop our coach :). Laylow - we play you in 2 weeks. The North Shore derby is gonna be a great battle though. Looking forward to it.

Seds
Without question, we were awful... and the better team won on the day. That said, Norvan is the worst side we have played this season. Lots of heart, but very little else. All three of their goals were the result of errors in the back... a poor tackle at the side of the box for a peno, a keeper not coming for a cross, and a lost man sent in on a breakaway. The "North Shore Derby" will be one way traffic in WVs favor.

The good news is that we scored our first goal since Nov 10.:rolleyes:

I agree that Walks was very good... as usual... and both penos were hard to argue. His hair was great too. Nicely Brylcreemed for the game.

jinchu

Sep 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
SixFyv

its hard to concentrate while reading your comment when your avatar starring at me like that....

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 games schedule for SuperBowl Sunday... WTF??

I know where i will be.... :D

Last year, some enterprising soul cut down the posts at Hastings Bowl on the Saturday evening before Super Bowl Sunday. Will there be a repeat?

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Without question, we were awful... and the better team won on the day. That said, Norvan is the worst side we have played this season. Lots of heart, but very little else. All three of their goals were the result of errors in the back... a poor tackle at the side of the box for a peno, a keeper not coming for a cross, and a lost man sent in on a breakaway. The "North Shore Derby" will be one way traffic in WVs favor.

The good news is that we scored our first goal since Nov 10.:rolleyes:

I agree that Walks was very good... as usual... and both penos were hard to argue. His hair was great too. Nicely Brylcreemed for the game.

I was waiting for a response on this one given DMB's apparent reputation of postings in past years. I'm certainly not touting us as one of the top teams in the premiership - I've tried to be rather honest on TTP, maybe a little biased at times, but hey, I still have to save face every now and then :). Now, I can't say we dominate in any game, but we certainly do compete in most of them and were unlucky not to get a tie or two in our streak of losses this year. But come on now... you guys coughed the ball up on so many occasions along the back. If you look at our scoring opportunities versus yours, we deserved the win hands down. I admit - we don't play the prettiest soccer, but it's hard to make a statement that we're the worst team in the league when you lose a match like that.

As for the derby, we'll see how it goes. It is always a battle each year, and this one won't disappoint. That's all, my friend. Cheers!

Seds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0