Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter March & April 07'

What is more likely to happen this month

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better late than never, I guess

Side A

1 ICSF Inter 17 - 33
2 Columbus Clan FC "A" 17 - 32
3 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 18 - 27
4 Croatia SC "A" 17 - 26
5 Norvan Eagles 18 - 26
6 West Van FC "A" 19 - 21
-----------------------------------------------Relegation Line
7 Vancouver Olympics "A" 19 - 7

Side B

1 Sporting Club "A" 19 - 41 * Side B Champ
2 Surrey United "A" 18 - 33
3 AFC Leopards "A" 18 - 30
4 Firefighters "A" 17 - 20
5 Sapperton Rovers "A" 17 - 19
-----------------------------------------------Relegation Line
6 Sikh Temple "A" 18 - 15
7 Indo-Akal FC "A" 18 - 15

Golden Boot

Joey Scigliano Columbus-Clan FC 12
Niall Thompson Firefighters FC 11
Andrew Corazza ICSF Inter 11
Adrian Kekec Croatia SC 10
Ryan Dormer Sporting Club 9
Tiernan King Columbus-Clan FC 8
Russel Huggon Metro-Ford Wolves 8
Emilio Bottiglieri Metro-Ford Wolves 7
Steve DeBlasio Columbus-Clan FC 7
James Wilton Norvan Eagles 7
Joseph Marrello ICSF Inter 7
Omari Aldridge AFC Leopards 6
Kevin Crouch ICSF Inter 6
Dave Hleucka Surrey United 6
Hapreet Khakh Surrey United 5
Meysam Soltani Sporting Club 5
Freddy Malek AFC Leopards 5
Jonathan Poli Columbus-Clan FC 5
Jesse Fetterley West Van FC 5
Blake Burgon Norvan Eagles 5
Shawn BlakewayMetro-Ford Wolves 5

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Mar 07'

Temple is not whining! The teams can play whomever they wish. We just want the games to be decided on pitch and not before putting our boots on.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would be very surprised if there is any sort of match fixing that happens in the last game of the season.

What I have not yet figured out is where was Indo's keeper Saturday night against their biggest rivals. Rumour has it that he called in sick at 6:30pm on Saturday night when the game was scheduled for 8:00pm. Accordingly, Indo had no time to get another goalie and played with Jammer in net. Seems very surprising that D would call at the last possible moment leaving Indo with no time to get another keeper. Very interesting to say the least.

Any comments Sandman and Gilly.

The gods must have been smiling on Temple since they did not have to face one of the leagues premier keepers in the biggest game of the season.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

'A'nklebreaker,
seeing as you call him 'D', surely the two of you are tight buddies!!
and surely if he was your good buddy 'D', you would call him to find out if the rumour was true, rather than spread the fcuking rumour yourself.
what are you, twelve years old?
'd'

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Late breaking news.............

The fix is indeed in! The old Khalsa management has sided with Sikh Temple and forced "D" to not play this past weekend:cool: WAB has indeed recognized that in order to keep honour with the VMSL he as to do the right thing and dress in "black" and not play all his best O35 starters and let Khalsa Temple win there way to promotion. He has promised a tie in the Sap vs Indo.............take it to Sports Action and clean up:D

themanintheknow:eek:

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Darkmeat

I am not assuming anything so you can stop thinking I am. I am just stating facts which are the following:

-He would have made a huge difference if he would have played
-He could not play b/c he was sick and Indo got the call late so they could not get another keeper. The people on the sidelines were all talking about how much of a difference he would have made.

I know D very well from my days playing with him and he is a top notch keeper no doubt. There is no accusations. I was just shocked not to see him playing since it was the biggest game of the season for both clubs. Hopefully it is nothing more serious.

Having said that I hope there is another game to decide which team stays up as the intensity on Saturday night was very good.

CJ made a huge difference when he came into the game during the second half. Not sure why he did not start.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gentlemen,

Lets just relax here.........lets not make any accusations or innuendos here. The facts are that Didar was ill (hospitalized, I believe) and unavailable Saturday night, but goaltending was not the reason for the loss. As Sandman has noted earlier on TTP, we have been on a mini, no major slide as of late. Would Didar have made a difference........probably, but top teams in this league find ways to win without their key players. Kudos to Temple.....they won when they needed to.

Hopefully, we can pull together and give Surrey a game this weekend. As for our last league game, with Cup play and depending on how teams do, it may not be played until April, and we have had some battles with Sapperton starting in Division one when we were both vying for promotion, and in Premier when we got relegated with 23 points. I just hope the league schedules both Columbus/Temple and Indo/Sapperton on the same day at the same time, preferably at the same location.

Jugs,

Way to stir the pot!!!:rolleyes:

Anklebreaker,

If Temple and Indo are in a playoff to remain in premier, perhaps it could be played at one of the multitude of Indian Tournaments this summer. Either the Ross Street tourney, or Harj Brar, perhaps the GN Sporting tourney, or the Akal tourney, maybe the Surrey/Delta tourney or better yet the Abbotsford tournament.:D

Gilly

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gilly

Thanks for clarifying. Hope he is ok as it puts this rumour which started at the game to bed as on Saturday night a number of people on the sidelines were making accusations which would obviously be difficult to believe since D is probably the oldest member of the Indo camp.

There should be another game to decide who stays up. Like I said earlier, the soccer gods were smiling on Temple as at least two of the goals would have been saved by D in my opinion. Having said that, Temple did carry most of the play during the game and CJ made a difference when he was inserted at half time.

Anklebreaker

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ankle Breaker said:
D is probably the oldest member of the Indo camp.Anklebreaker

By at least a few years, makes us youngsters aspire to play in the league a few more years.;)

Ankle Breaker said:
There should be another game to decide who stays up.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We still have Sapperton, and Temple still has to play Columbus, let those games finish before selling tickets.

Ankle breaker said:
Having said that, Temple did carry most of the play during the game.

Really..........I thought it was an evenly played game up until Temple's 2nd goal which came immediately after we had equalized.......it was deflating and the remaining 15-20 minutes was Temple's.

On another note, how is the Inter camp? Still hopes of the VMSL triple? Oh, and good luck this weekend:D

Gilly

cleatsup

Dec 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer City Goes Bankrupt!!!!!

Breaking News From Chopper 9:

Soccer City Announced that it has gone bankrupt and has laid off it's entire head office staff.

Rumor has it that Joe Deacon, Owner and CEO made his #2 guy "name no to be mention", tell the entire staff that they are laid off. Joe Deacon had no comment as he hid in his office and refused to talk to any staff.

Joe took over Soccer City just over a year ago! I think that's a new record....on the scale of ENRON!

Guess we all have to shop a Canadian Tire now!

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

On the soccer city front - Joe did not take over Soccer City just a year ago, and he did a remarkable job, albeit too quickly, growing the Company.

It came back to bite him, I presume, but I don't think throwing out a sad story across the VMSL thread and carving a guy about how people (true or untrue) were laid off.

Into the soap opera page for you son, and I am sure Joe would go cleats up after reading this.

Cheers,

PS - bit of a shock they went tits up though, will be interesting to get the real goods, as that is a large market opportunity to take, perhaps "take the piss city" - christ KNVB could run a shop, this website and send out emails all day about sales - ?!?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Breaking News From Chopper 9:

Soccer City Announced that it has gone bankrupt and has laid off it's entire head office staff.

Rumor has it that Joe Deacon, Owner and CEO made his #2 guy "name no to be mention", tell the entire staff that they are laid off. Joe Deacon had no comment as he hid in his office and refused to talk to any staff.

Joe took over Soccer City just over a year ago! I think that's a new record....on the scale of ENRON!

Guess we all have to shop a Canadian Tire now!
First off, Regs, I apologize that this even hit your site and thank you for bringing it to my attention, second I can't believe how extremely inappropriate this is...

But knowing the massive soccer audience that TTP draws I’m going to say this… I suspect I know who the culprit may be, which makes it even more sickening to me, but being involved I can say his/her post is complete and utter unsubstantiated bullshit. SoccerCity is not bankrupt!!

SoccerCity is 100% open for business and that includes all retail locations as well as it’s HEAD OFFICE, team and club sales. There was a restructuring, it’s over, and it’s business usual.

Back on topic - Leftonly is a poof and should know full well I'm lucky to chew gum and walk at the same time never mind multitask as he suggests. ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I accept your apology. Don't let it happen again.

~Regs.

PS. I need a new pair of boots, can you compete with Canadian Tire selection and price?

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Ballbreaker....

Rain or shine, good times or bad....the Soccer God(s) are always smiling down ;) on Temple.

You should know better!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sap just lost Woody for the season on a bad ankle sprain at training on the turf last night.:(

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

If we wanted an update on your training session we will ask...Thanks

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey had 3 spirited 5 asides last night to end a tough session of fitness and finishing. Orange toppled Yellow 3-2, 4-0 and 1-1 to win the over all series. In a tremendous showing of sportsmanship and goodwill Yellow humbled in defeat bucked up for pints after they completed the 100 sit-ups and push ups that were on the line.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone see the front page of The Soccer Paper. I saw it yesterday, and guess who's on the cover. Two Inter players who look like they're about to make out. I think I’ve seen a similar picture in the Georgia Straight. I think the picture was taken at Ginger las weekend.

I noticed an article and pictures of our favourite Special Olympics inthe paper as well. Fantabulous, can you enlighten me as to how a team, like the Special Olympics, could get that much press, considering they could possibly be the worst team to ever get promoted to premier? No disrespect, but there are many other teams worthy of getting that much ink. To be honest, I didn't read the article, because I know your story.

WAB,

I don't know why you posted about Woody's injury. You take several months off from posting and then come back with match fixing and an injury report. If that's the best you can do, then maybe it's time to retire from TTP as well. And by the way, when you guys beat Inter two weeks ago, did you pay one lump sum, or are you making instalments? I'm sure I’m not the only one that wants to know.

KNVB, you must have been on the Orange team last night.

Brent Sopel

GiGGs

Jul 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Indo-Akal 2
Sapperton 0

Waiting for Gilly for a post-game summary.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GiGGsy,

How is the 'Peg treating you? Lots of rain here on the coast. For those that care, Sap wore black as we dawned (sp?) the old Indo red. As for the game, it was a hard fought battle which probably should have resulted in a tie. Sapperton had more possession, but it didn't translate into many dangerous chances. We on the other hand, finally got a bounce here or there and a great individual effort by Marcello to get our goal. Singher scored with no time left on a peno after Corey was red carded for bringing down Bolina. A good TEAM effort where for 90 minutes the guys battled for one another instead of against one another. This hasn't necessarily been the case up until this point. Well, we created this mess we're in, and we'll see how the Temple/Columbus match plays out to see our potential destiny for next year.

GiGGsy,

Fun Club in the summer? Training starts soon.....:D

Gilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0