Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter March & April 07'

What is more likely to happen this month

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Mar 07'

Gilly

We had some great chances at the end to tie it; Kent totally blew his opportunity from 6 yards out, but this is how it's been almost every game for Sapp. Can't finish, can't win.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

whataboutbob said:
We had some great chances at the end to tie it; Kent totally blew his opportunity from 6 yards out, but this is how it's been almost every game for Sapp. Can't finish, can't win.

I believe that was the cross that first hit him in the chest, then nose.........must have bewildered him.........besides what was he doing that far forward!!!

You guys had no trouble finishing yesterday. Thank goodness, it wasn't a total aggregate score!! Saturday was much more enjoyable than Sunday.

Gilly

GiGGs

Jul 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gilly,

Thanks for the post. Congrats to the guys on the victory! I'm looking forward to Fun Club this summer... I've already started training!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

gilly said:
I believe that was the cross that first hit him in the chest, then nose.........must have bewildered him.........besides what was he doing that far forward!!!
Gilly
We had Cory Breure up front as well in the dying minutes of the game trying to get the equalizer. But we sure could have used a shot like Pannu had in the CAT game on Saturday.
I hope Temple beats Columbus because there is no better game than one for survival.

Best VMSL games to watch in preference:
1. Premier Relegation Game
2. Div 1 Promotion Game
3. Imperial Cup Final
4. Ethnic Clashes (Croats/Serbs, I-ties, Indos, Asians:rolleyes: )
5. Premier League Cup

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

whataboutbob said:
But we sure could have used a shot like Pannu had in the CAT game on Saturday.

Holy fcuk...what a cracker, I almost had it though;)

whataboutbob said:
I hope Temple beats Columbus because there is no better game than one for survival.

Thanks. I would prefer a Columbus win, and I'd would rather have been in that game you guys played in last May....much more fun. Survival games are no fun.:mad:

Gilly

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Norvan 1 Croatia 2

Norvan scored early on with their one and only chance. We had chances, just had problems with the goal post, cross bar and keeper getting in the way. We finally got the equalizer with 15 to go. Winner scored in the last 5 in a scramble. Ball Possesion Croatia 80% Norvan 20%. Norvan has the grit (spelling) but needs a couple of more skilled players.

Awaiting the Inter/Metro result Friday night....

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Updated As of Monday March 26:

Standings after Week 18 (for most teams).... (Provincial Cup Berths)

Teams/Pts/Games Remaining

*1 Sporting Club "A" 41 (0)
*2 ICSF Inter 33 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
*3 Surrey United "A" 33 (1)
*4 Columbus Clan FC "A" 32 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)

5 AFC Leopards "A" 30 (1)
6 Croatia SC "A" 29 (1)
---------------------------------------------------- Cutoff as of March 26st
7 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 27 (1)
8 Norvan Eagles 26 (0)
9 West Van FC "A" 21 (0)

*10 Firefighters "A" 20 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
11 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 (2)
12 Sikh Temple "A" 15 (1)
13 Indo-Akal FC "A" 15 (1)
14 Vancouver Olympics "A" 7 (0)

*Westside FC A (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)

*Clinched Provincial Cup Berth
Eliminated from Provincial Cup Competition

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

BJB said:
Norvan 1 Croatia 2

Norvan scored early on with their one and only chance. We had chances, just had problems with the goal post, cross bar and keeper getting in the way. We finally got the equalizer with 15 to go. Winner scored in the last 5 in a scramble. Ball Possesion Croatia 80% Norvan 20%. Norvan has the grit (spelling) but needs a couple of more skilled players.

Awaiting the Inter/Metro result Friday night....

And the numerous Croat fans were awesome.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

From the site:

Inter 2 MF 1
Columbus 2 Sikh 1

Croatia locks up final provincial spot.

Sikh gets relegated to Div 1.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Updated As of Monday March 30:

Standings after Week 18 (for most teams).... (Provincial Cup Berths)

Teams/Pts/Games Remaining

*1 Sporting Club "A" 41 (0)
*2 ICSF Inter 36 (1) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
*3 Columbus Clan FC "A" 35 (1) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
*4 Surrey United "A" 33 (1)

*5 AFC Leopards "A" 30 (1)
*6 Croatia SC "A" 29 (1)

---------------------------------------------------- Cutoff as of March 30th
7 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 27 (0)
8 Norvan Eagles 26 (0)
9 West Van FC "A" 21 (0)

*10 Firefighters "A" 20 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
11 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 (2)
12 Sikh Temple "A" 15 (1)
13 Indo-Akal FC "A" 15 (1)
14 Vancouver Olympics "A" 7 (0)

*Westside FC A (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)

*Clinched Provincial Cup Berth
Eliminated from Provincial Cup Competition[/QUOTE]

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

2007 Provincial Cup Teams (VMSL)

Sporting
Inter
Columbus
Surrey
AFC
Croatia
Firefighters
Westside

Good Luck to all Teams!!

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus Clan 2-1 Temple

Good game tonight out at Point Grey. Temple knew coming into tonight's game that it was going to be tough especially since Clanbus wanted to keep pace with Inter and still maintain their chance of winning the side. Fair result probably should have been a tie, Clanbus dominated the midfield and carried most of the game, however Temple had the better chances. Temple with a couple of posts, a crossbar and a missed breakaway. Temple scored first, Clan equalised a few minutes later on a bit of a weak one, they netted the winner not to long after on a great chip just inside the 18.

Good Luck to Columbus Clan in Imperial Cup final and in Provincials, and unfortuantly it's back down to div.1 for the Temple boys.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 2 - MF 1

Unbelivable finish to an evenly played game. 0-0 at the half with neither team really having any great scoring chances.

In the second half MF got a very lucky goal by Blakeway to make it 1-0. In the 89th minute, Bevan scored with a Gerrard like shot from 25 yards out. Must rank as one of the best goals of the year. We knew a tie was no good for us and pushed to get another one. In the 93rd minute, Mike T. scored to give us the very important 3 points.

We now move on to the showdown on Sunday...should be a great game..

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestyler said:
Columbus Clan 2-1 Temple

Good game tonight out at Point Grey. Temple knew coming into tonight's game that it was going to be tough especially since Clanbus wanted to keep pace with Inter and still maintain their chance of winning the side. Fair result probably should have been a tie, Clanbus dominated the midfield and carried most of the game, however Temple had the better chances. Temple with a couple of posts, a crossbar and a missed breakaway. Temple scored first, Clan equalised a few minutes later on a bit of a weak one, they netted the winner not to long after on a great chip just inside the 18.

Good Luck to Columbus Clan in Imperial Cup final and in Provincials, and unfortuantly it's back down to div.1 for the Temple boys.
Clan keeper with 2 clear cut breakaway stops in the second half. Well done. Temple unlucky not to be walking away with at least a tie... based on these chances.

Based on possession and ball movement, though... the game was all Clan.

soca

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

with Temple being relegated, heard a few rumours of players leavving and a possible merger with another team? any info on this anyone?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 1 Columbus 1

Caught the second half of this game at Adanac. Inter played virtually the entire game with 10 men as Shaggy was red carded in the first two minutes for a tackle on DeBlasio. Regardless, it was scoreless when I got there. Columbus opened the scoring, as Robbie Cairns hit a terrific shot into the top corner. Inter responded soon after as "the ox" Adam Wallace worked a ball across that Matt Judd tapped in. Inter should have won the game, but Tino Cucca missed a clear cut breakaway from 15 yards inside his own half....too much time I guess. Poor coaching from Columbus as they continued to play with 4 in the back when Inter only had 1 forward, only with 10 minutes left did they push Poli up.

Congratulations to Inter on clinching their division....league championship and Imperial Cup Final should keep they busy until the real season begins. Inter exemplified a lot of heart, character and determination to earn a much deserved tie. Today, facing adversity, collectively, Inter may had found something that might help them over the top, and accomplish the triple.

Good luck gentlemen.

Gilly

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

gilly said:
Inter 1 Columbus 1

Caught the second half of this game at Adanac. Inter played virtually the entire game with 10 men as Shaggy was red carded in the first two minutes for a tackle on DeBlasio. Regardless, it was scoreless when I got there. Columbus opened the scoring, as Robbie Cairns hit a terrific shot into the top corner. Inter responded soon after as "the ox" Adam Wallace worked a ball across that Matt Judd tapped in. Inter should have won the game, but Tino Cucca missed a clear cut breakaway from 15 yards inside his own half....too much time I guess. Poor coaching from Columbus as they continued to play with 4 in the back when Inter only had 1 forward, only with 10 minutes left did they push Poli up.

Congratulations to Inter on clinching their division....league championship and Imperial Cup Final should keep they busy until the real season begins. Inter exemplified a lot of heart, character and determination to earn a much deserved tie. Today, facing adversity, collectively, Inter may had found something that might help them over the top, and accomplish the triple.

Good luck gentlemen.

Gilly

Spot on.
Columbus-Clan just didnt show any urgency ....especially being up a man.

Should be noted that both teams had injuries and there were a lot of notables on the bench.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow! What a team. I haven't had many positive things to say about Inter this year, but they have got my attention. Down a man 3 minutes into a game of this magnitude, and they gave a hell of a fight to Clan Alumni to keep their grasp on first place. I haven't seen Inter show this much character before. I missed the Metro Ford game friday night, but I understand it was another great team effort to come back in the dying minutes to win the game. Maybe Inter has finally found what they've been missing these past years. Sure they are a bunch of pretty boys that think their sh!t don't stink, but they can really back it up. More power to you guys.

Ankle Breaker, is that membership offer still available? I think I'll take it now.

Brent Sopel

What time does North American open on monday? I think I'd look good in blue and black stripes.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 1 - Clan Alum 1

In the biggest game of the season Inter yet again had to overcome some adversity to get the result we needed. 3 minutes into the match Shaggy received a red card for a questionable tackle. I am not disputing the tackle as it was mis-timed but to pull a red card for it was very very harsh. The Clan Alum sidelines were screaming like someone got shot. A yellow definitely but not a red.

So knowing a tie would get us through, we had to fight for 87 minutes. We battled extremely hard and Clan Alum could not break us down. Our work rate was very good and we were determined not to be screwed again like last year in the Imperial finals. We battled and about 65 minutes in Clan Alum got their goal that they were looking for. However, we battled back and Adam sent a great ball to Matt who tied it up. After that we shut Clan Alum down again and they were not able to break us down.

Our team is know for the great offensive players we have but everyone from the strikers to our keeper played unbelivable defensively.

We have won nothing yet and now look forward to the league final in 2 weeks.

PS Sopel...the committee will review your membership to the Inter fan club. We will get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0