Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS). to the top four vmsl premier teams at the end of this year, whoever you may be....

Good luck against the Port Moody Gunners, Poco Rangers, Lakehill and Gordon Head!

What are we thinking with this new league?

The VMSL Premier League gets decimated for no apparent reason, other than the hidden agendas of some SOB's that have nothing to do with our league and are looking out only for their interests.

Disappointing. :mad:

All I can say is I wish I had more support at the AGM as I fought with the special one about this. Remember many of the big clubs either did not care or thought it was a good idea.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question:

Has the VMSL outlined to the current premier clubs how provincial spots are going to be awarded next year?

There are 9 spots I think.

Naturally, I would imagine the 4 BCPL teams will get spots (meaning that for this season, finishing top 4 would get you into the BCs for the next TWO years!), then the 4 Imperial Cup semifinalists, leaving the last 3 spots to the top 3 VMSL Premier division finishers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Follow-up question to my first question above:

In the event of teams being tied on points in the 4th place spot, what is the tie-breaker formula?

I sure hope it's a playoff - I can see some HUGE games on the horizon... huge games to be thrown even :D

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS). to the top four vmsl premier teams at the end of this year, whoever you may be....

Good luck against the Port Moody Gunners, Poco Rangers, Lakehill and Gordon Head!

What are we thinking with this new league?

The VMSL Premier League gets decimated for no apparent reason, other than the hidden agendas of some SOB's that have nothing to do with our league and are looking out only for their interests.

Disappointing. :mad:
Whao! Mr Big speaks! I take exception to your comments about lakehill, they are an exccellent team that would wipe the floor with PEG and JOCK ffs?:mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Log jam at the top!

Things were so much better when there were 14 teams and 2 sides. WTF was Azzi thinking?

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the way things are I would keep Premier at 12 teams. Look in any league you will always have two bottom teams who will stuggle for points. Doesn't matter if the league is compromised of 8, 10 or 12 teams.

One good thing about having 12 teams is that you get to play 4 more games, then a 10 team league. Fcuk - 18 games a year - that sounds so low...if you play every weekend that would mean season would end in January/mid february - way too early...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing to do with me, Sir M. Let in a "speculative" one. Again.

Assuming Delta and Columbus win, I beleive it will be a 6 way tie for top spot. Wow.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Log jam at the top!

Things were so much better when there were 14 teams and 2 sides. WTF was Azzi thinking?

I think he was thinking, "lets make a BC Super league by adding the best two teams in the valley (Surrey U. and Surrey FC), didn't work out so well having soo many teams and not enough quality players to make the league competitive, like it is now, sounds like the VMSL is sure fun, any team on any day.

hos

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whao! Mr Big speaks! I take exception to your comments about lakehill, they are an exccellent team that would wipe the floor with PEG and JOCK ffs?:mad:

Well, I take exception to your comments as well, especially since you're the biggest part of the problem. Please tell us why you want to start this new league? What is your agenda? Isn't it true that you want to be the president of the BCPL?

Yes, this is only an online forum where everyone can hide behind their nicknames but I, Rob Reed, would like to do an online vote from the vmsl premier league with regard to who is for this new league. I have spoken to Mr. Azzi and he tells me that the "decision makers" from each premier club in the league are all for the new league. I'm sorry but I still don't believe this....but I would happily be proven wrong. Here is how I see it....

1 West Van FC "A" - as it stands now, this team I believe is not fully in support of the new league

2 Surrey Utd. Firefighters - I believe this team has serious questions about the new league

3 Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves - I know certain players on this team that are against the new league

4 Delta United - I believe this team is against the new league

5 ICSF Inter - we have heard Oranje's opinion on the new league and I believe other members have many questions about it

6 Columbus FC 17 - I'm not sure about this team but would love to hear wrecking crew's opinion when his suspension is over

7 ICST Pegasus - against the new league as it currently stands

8 Westside FC "A" - unsure

9 Croatia SC - unsure but have heard nothing but negative comments from the players

10 Rich. FC Hibernians "A" - I believe this team is against the new league

11 Sapperton Rovers - I believe this is one team that is for the new league but would like to hear whataboutbob's opinion

12 Norvan Pacific "A" - I believe this team has no interest in the new league

Will any vmsl premier team step forward and say they support this new league?

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
reedie,
if i may voice my opinion before my suspension is served, i have many questions regarding the value and purpose this new league is supposed to provide! if we are fortunate enough to finish in the top four, is it worth our while to travel to chilliwack or the island to play a game that replaces our ongoing rivalry with wvan/mf/surff/croatia/inter/sapp/delta/peg or anyone else who doesn't survive the current log jam? my gut instinct is NO!

the way the vmsl league is now is good in my books. if gorge or port moody or whoever wins the fvsl or visl wants to challenge the vmsl div 1. winners for a chance to be promoted, i am all for it!

all i see as a result of this new league, that feels like it was forced upon us without all questions being answered, is a lack of loyalty to clubs as young players jump ship to be apart of a so called "better" league. instead of collecting championships and life long friends, players will collect tracksuits!

my two cents after a few pints!
cheers,
wc

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
if gorge or port moody or whoever wins the fvsl or visl wants to challenge the vmsl div 1. winners for a chance to be promoted, i am all for it!

Screw that! These Island or Valley teams can start at Div. 3 and work their way up over a few seasons if they would like to play an entire Winter season against VMSL Premier teams. That above proposal would be just as forced down as the whole BCSL is. Time is running out if some sort of stand is going to be taken IF most, if not all, of the Premier Clubs are anti-BCSL. However, having 1 12-team Prem league, 1 10-team Div.1 league is is or will be great. If they could only rejig Div.2's current 30 teams to separate 10-team Div.2, Div.3, and Div.4, then we would be talking.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hibs 1 - 1 Metro Ford

Log jam is right!
Metroford were missing Ollie, Emilio, Huggon, Veer and Scigs.
Alfredo played great, got one goal and hit a post on another chance.
Stewart scored for Richmond on a breakaway, which is Richmond's offensive strategy, and it worked.

browncrow

Nov 11, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
bpsl idea is correct, execution remains the only key to it's success. right now the execution is poor. not enough info, backroom wheeling and dealing, and the main reason why it's status is in shambles is not enough sensible people are in charge. it all seems to the average person that the motives behind this new league are not in the right place. where they are, only time will tell.

FCN

Jan 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Concerning this new Super league: I m an old geezer thats been around a long time and seen a lot of changes. I ve been around since the days of the PCL playing at Callister park where you had quality clubs battling it out and doing very well with travelling overseas team. I ve seen that develop into the BC 1st Div where teams played out of Venues like Kinsman Stadium and Empire Stadium. When top Div 1 teams played Kinsman Stadium was full and the lower 4-5 rows on the west side of Empire were full.
The best players and teams in the country came out of that league as was evidenced by how many of those players played on the national team and the NASL Whitecaps in the day. The league was very competitive and serious.
Then came the VMSL and a Tiering system of Premier A and B....10 teams on each side....The quality diminished. There wasn t the competion and the quality players became spread out around the league and there were two many players in the league who simply were not good enough.
Consequently we no longer develop the best players or teams in the country. There is no real interest in the league from the general public. The only ones really interested are the players themselves. You might get a handful of spectators at any Premier game and that would consist of family, girlfriends and other players.
If the goal is to have a good competitive beer league where friends and mates play together and like to have a couple of pints after the game and playing time is earned by seniority and how good a friend you are with the other players and not quality of player you are keep things as they are. There is really nothing wrong with that.
If on the other hand the goal is to try and develop players after youth, have a serious league with serious competition with serious players that play consistently good football and attract some spectators out to the park then some changes should be made.
A positive change was made a few years back when they got rid of the A and B side....and maybe its time to try and upgrade that a bit.....either by the formation of the this new super league or by allowing FVSL and Island teams to play off for spots in the VMSL premier div

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0