Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREMIER 'A'

1 Delta Metro Blaze 4- 10
2 West Van FC 'A' 4- 7
3 Firefighters FC 4 - 7
4 ICSF Inter 4 - 7
5 Sapperton Rovers 'A' 4- 6
6 Columbus-Clan FC 4 - 4
7 AFC Leopards 'A' 4- 0

Premier 'B'

1 Sporting Club 4 - 12
2 Croatia SC 4 - 6
3 Norvan Eagles 4 - 6
4 Surrey United 'A' 4 - 6
5 Coq.Metro-Ford 'A' 4 - 4
6 Indo FC 'A' 4 - 3
7 Westside FC 'A' 4 - 3

Golden Boot

Kevin Crouch ICSF Inter 4
Oliver Heald Croatia SC 4
Jesse Fetterley West Van FC 3
Craig McMillan Delta Metro Blaze 3
Ryan Dormer Sporting Club 3
Steve Dormer Sporting Club 3
Emilio Bottiglieri Metro-Ford Wolves 3

New month, new Inter love in... post it here.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 2-0 over INTER

Well played game both teams played hard.

We finished on two of our chances and Inter didn't.

Big win for WVFC.

Onto Columbus next week.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1 MetroFord 0

Solid game, not much creativity from either side. I thought we had the better chances. Jeff Yoon was dangerous all game turning guys and running at the net.

It was looking like it was going to end 0-0, but we scored on a goal that Matt Bird would definitely like to have back. The ball was crossed in high into the 6 yard box. Bird went up for it all alone and I'm not sure if he lost it in the lights or what, but the ball went right through his hands and to Ryan Dormer who was all by himself, Johnny on the spot for an easy tap in.

MetroFord seemed to be missing a few guys.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 2 and Sapp 0, should have an official score of 2-a as Firemen's first goal was offside. Sapp almost scored when a Rey Ismail shot hit the crossbar and bounced straight down.
WAB was pissed when Craviero mocked Sapp after he scored the second goal.
After the game, Sapp's Div I CAT team played the Sapp U21 team, to fill a bye spot. The CAT Division in trouble and the league needs to fix it.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league needs to get rid of the CAT system because it only works if you have a youth system. But that's a whole other thread.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3 - Indo 0

Norvan got off to an excellent start with a goal in the first 10. Dunnit received a pass just over half and immediately switched it over to a wide open Nind who had no problems finishing it for the home side. Norvan could have had at least 2 others with a free header from Burgon at the top of the 6 yard box somehow going wide and a breakaway from Dunnit that was cut down by the Indo keeper. Defensively, Norvan was solid with very little penetration in behind the defensive line. Indo was excellent in keeping possession through their captain #4, but again, not many chances created except for a shot from the top of the 18 that hit the side netting.

Second half saw a similar game. A couple substitutions left our right side somewhat vacant which allowed Indo to get in behind us on several occasions - almost gave me a bloody aneurism! Second goal came around midway (but for the life of me, I can't remember the goal), which certainly took the wind out of Indo's sails. Third goal was around the 85th minute, with a great build-up from the left hand side and another finish from Nind at the top of the 18 after a nice little pass from Slaney.

Firemen should be a solid match next week. AK, watch your ankles big guy! ;-)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3 - Indo 0

Norvan got off to an excellent start with a goal in the first 10. Dunnit received a pass just over half and immediately switched it over to a wide open Nind who had no problems finishing it for the home side. Norvan could have had at least 2 others with a free header from Burgon at the top of the 6 yard box somehow going wide and a breakaway from Dunnit that was cut down by the Indo keeper. Defensively, Norvan was solid with very little penetration in behind the defensive line. Indo was excellent in keeping possession through their captain #4, but again, not many chances created except for a shot from the top of the 18 that hit the side netting.

Second half saw a similar game. A couple substitutions left our right side somewhat vacant which allowed Indo to get in behind us on several occasions - almost gave me a bloody aneurism! Second goal came around midway (but for the life of me, I can't remember the goal), which certainly took the wind out of Indo's sails. Third goal was around the 85th minute, with a great build-up from the left hand side and another finish from Nind at the top of the 18 after a nice little pass from Slaney.

Firemen should be a solid match next week. AK, watch your ankles big guy! ;-)

Seds, the goal was 2 minutes in and what a ****ing mess of it we made, but a well taken finish...... The header was a miss identical to one we missed the second half....two breakaways in the second half in which your keeper did very well to stop. We hit the crossbar in the first half on a header plus two other chances. The bottom line for us again, is we didn't capitalize on some very good chances. Your 3rd goal was in added time......the second goal was a breakaway after one of our defenders decided to play the offside trap......whether it was or not, I don't know but it certainly was against the run of play, as you mentioned. A 3 - 0 game it was not but 3 points for Norvan at the end of the day. Well done.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seds, the goal was 2 minutes in and what a ****ing mess of it we made, but a well taken finish...... The header was a miss identical to one we missed the second half....two breakaways in the second half in which your keeper did very well to stop. We hit the crossbar in the first half on a header plus two other chances. The bottom line for us again, is we didn't capitalize on some very good chances. Your 3rd goal was in added time......the second goal was a breakaway after one of our defenders decided to play the offside trap......whether it was or not, I don't know but it certainly was against the run of play, as you mentioned. A 3 - 0 game it was not but 3 points for Norvan at the end of the day. Well done.

Completely forgot about the crossbar and free header you guys had - I guess I chose to block those out of my memory. :p

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Firemen should be a solid match next week. AK, watch your ankles big guy!"

Why you going to the try the gangle turn (if Regs ever saw yours, he would demand royalties as only two guys in history that they one knows it is coming, but it looks so f**king bizarre the person can't really decide which way you are going to go) on him, or let me guess bring out the ATM from nationals maneuver.....

Let us know what position you are playing, AK says he feels like having a good game next week......

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got the news that clanbus made it all the way to the finals at nationals. A solid showing from the BC boys compared to the last lot that went the year before. But thats about as good as it got. Losing 5-0 in the final?!!! May as well not have shown up. I was hoping for a BC win, but when i found out that the cancerous Sal Cuccione had joined up, I figured that there is no way clanbus would win. The guy has never won anything on any team and he has been on some very good teams. But what is clanbus thinking taking this guy along? What does he bring to the table? Maybe a free case of pepsi every now and then. Clanbus won the double without him last year. I feel bad for the guys who helped get to the nationals, like Xausa and Cucca. Oh wait...........thats another story isnt it?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
but when i found out that the cancerous Sal Cuccione had joined up, I figured that there is no way clanbus would win.

You obviously don't watch the "old" guys play, do you? Sal isn't easy to deal with....however, he plays very well for the Masters Columbus team. As an opposing player, I/we are always aware of him on the pitch. He, BTW, was an integral part of our Over 30's Italia win this summer during Nations Cup in Richmond. There were other guys on the team that also are on the Columbus "Open" team. Just so you know...
SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was also very influential when the VMSL Masters indoor selects defeated the Scottish and English selects, and some other team in the final over in Calgary in 2006 to win that tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0