Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
columbus 1 - 0 sporting
a cold, rainy night at byrne creek with some dodgy officiating. columbus played some of it's best football of the season and should have potted a few more...unlikely hero blair with the winner in the 60th on a great 1-2 and composed finish...sporting did well to push for the last 15 and were unlucky not to equalize on a gomes header cleared off the line. important 3 points and on to next week!
wc

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 1-0 Norvan.

Well played game by both teams as both battled hard. The only real danger they caused was off Blakeaway. Other then him winning some flick ons and holding the ball up they didn't do much.

We got the goal 25 mins in with Jesse Fetts finishing well on a cross from Des. We should of had a couple more but couldn't put them away.

Other then that it's a good win for us as we were missing a few key players.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over and above that, I thought that Leo, Shorty, Max, (despite the "contract" on him :confused:... which when you think about it is a real comment unto itself...) Jeff, two-nine and Nico were airtight in the back for WV. Well officiated today, and brutal weather.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alex you make sure that your two pro guys get the clearance from Canadian Soccer Asociation to play here. Well done guys.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is MacNeil High park? (Ok, I know masters of the obvious that is probably at MacNeil High). And my guess is it is probably at least two or three bridges and/or tunnels away. But can someone (CS?) help with directions please? Thanks!

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

It's on No. 4rd, between Granville and Westminister highway. If you are coming south on No. 4rd, you will see the school on your right just before you hit Granville.

BTW, it is a grass pitch, not turf.

Cheers,
Gomesy

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking game in Richmond today....

WVFC 0-1 Club I

First half we should of been up by 2 or 3, but there goalie made a couple good saves and we couldn't finish.

Second half they scored a scrappy goal about 10-15 mins in, then they got a red about 5 mins later on a pretty disgusting tackle. We had the pressure on for the rest of the game but couldn't finish, except for one goal that the linesman called off, which was a pretty brutal call!

thats about it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking game in Richmond today....

WVFC 0-1 Club I

First half we should of been up by 2 or 3, but there goalie made a couple good saves and we couldn't finish.

Second half they scored a scrappy goal about 10-15 mins in, then they got a red about 5 mins later on a pretty disgusting tackle. We had the pressure on for the rest of the game but couldn't finish, except for one goal that the linesman called off, which was a pretty brutal call!

thats about it.

How is life in Fantasyland? The goal was not called offside. The ball was called out of play before the ball was crossed. That is why SixFyv stopped. He would have saved whatever was put his way today so he decided to not stop the ball because it was already called out of play. So, it was not offside. Anyway, it was a red card for the tackle but your sideline didn't help much especially when the back-up goalie ran on the field and tried to get at the RCIU player who was sent off. Weak sauce. Anyway, the best chances for West Van were in the first half when they controlled the game. Some players started losing the plot in the second half and RCIU had a couple of other good chances off of mistakes in the back. The last 20 minutes had no other opportunities for West Van. The 10 RCIU players held on and SIXFYV helped earn 3 points today. He was outstanding. The pitch was a postage stamp, which also helped RCIU, but 3 points is not what ANY person on TTP expected.......Well done to the lads for battling until the end. I was surprised at how much whining was coming from the other sideline................:D Our sideline was quiet. :D ;)

West Van is an excellent team who will be there at the end of the year. They attack VERY well and I can only assume they were missing a couple of players in the backline, as there were two weak links there in my opinion, Shorty not being one of them.

Laylow, seriously though, what other chances were created in the last 25 minutes, especially after the red card? :confused: And the 'goal' was definitely not offside because it was out of play before the cross, as signaled by the assistant

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey captain, i don't think that laylow is saying anything about an offside call., the lino called the ball out when it was not. ask my players and ask your players. It was not up to walks to make the call as it was the lino who made the call from 70 yards away. Ask your goalie, he will tell you that it was not out and he would not have gotten to the goal. I agree with you that most of our chances came in the first half and we could not finish. I think that we did have chances after your player was sent off for a brutal tackle right by our sidelines, but with your ten men in the box type d we could not make anything substantial happen. As for the tackle it was brutal. I talked to the guy who did it after the game and he told me that he won all ball. This tackle was two-footed, off the ground, with a side of scissor (sp). I was right there. Brutal but apparently all ball. Good win for your side today and i think you should enjoy as our second game at ambleside will be a completely different game. Good to see jarvie, stu and karl as it has been a while. P.s. Six-five: you hit like a girl! 29

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks two-nine...I was saying the linesman called the goal off, not for offside but for the ball being over the line (which it clearly wasn't)..thats over now tho.

As for our backline having weak links, not so sure about that...as I said our team was pretty shocking today but for the most part thats the back four that didn't give up a goal in our first 5 games, (can't be that bad!)

Last 25-30 mins, I said we had all the pressure on, just couldn't finish, which is true...the only breaks you had was when we were pushing up looking for a goal, leaving 1-2 guys back.

Our sideline did lose it a bit when that tackle happened as it was disgusting (could of easily broken our guys leg) and it happened right in front of our bench. Some of our guys did go a bit over the top.

Anyways good win for you guys, and can't wait to play you at Ambleside, when we have a full team...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers, lads. But to be honest, none of us were on the line so the assistant has to be trusted and that is why the defending team stopped once the whistle was heard. As mentioned, West Van definitely had the better of the chances, particularly in the first half and were unfortunate to be level at the half. I'm sure RCIU will be looking forward to a challenging rematch too........as we were missing no less than 14 starters. Should make for a cracker of a rematch.

I still think West Van will be there right at the end but I have a feeling goalkeeping might be their achilles heel at the end of the day.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still think West Van will be there right at the end but I have a feeling goalkeeping might be their achilles heel at the end of the day.[/quote]

Not so sure about that, we have two solid keepers...who are both good prem goalies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still think West Van will be there right at the end but I have a feeling goalkeeping might be their achilles heel at the end of the day.

Not so sure about that, we have two solid keepers...who are both good prem goalies.[/quote]

That's why I said.....'might' To be honest, I saw two/three players who played today(won't mention numbers or names) who are weak links. They will be exposed throughout the season I would imagine but going forward, I can't see many teams being better than West Van. Good luck the rest of the way, lads.

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 6 - 1 Serbia
rizal with 3, tk with 2, robbie cairns with 1
they scored on a penalty to make it 3-1 with 25 to go and then we took it to them for the remainder.
WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0