Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a Classic that I am sure Jinky will get a kick out off, Khlasa has been given the boot from Mercer for this Friday Night, now Jinky will think that New West has closed the Turf pitch for the first game off the season, but in fact they double booked us with NewWest Football, when has NewWest ever had a football team?

So now were do we play? We trained at Sapperton Field tonight, but the lights are shocking there, so I thought Ruben should have it moved to Mundy to play right after the Slurrey/Wolves game, they could start at 7 and the Khalsa/Trollers match-up at 9, it would be a Grand way to start the Season, with a Good Old Friday Night Double Header. But I think we may be at that shitty Port Moody Turf if it is free, if not, then perhaps all the way to the Ambleside Turf or even on one of the Turf Pitches in Surrey, if Foden will have us. I am hoping for the Double, but I doubt the league could ever get that creative.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now were do we play? We trained at Sapperton Field tonight, but the lights are shocking there, so I thought Ruben should have it moved to Mundy to play right after the Slurrey/Wolves game, they could start at 7 and the Khalsa/Trollers match-up at 9, it would be a Grand way to start the Season, with a Good Old Friday Night Double Header. But I think we may be at that shitty Port Moody Turf if it is free, if not, then perhaps all the way to the Ambleside Turf or even on one of the Turf Pitches in Surrey, if Foden will have us. I am hoping for the Double, but I doubt the league could ever get that creative.
I’m trying to figure out how... better yet, why it is you think the ‘league’ can or would switch two completely UN-involved teams and their game time at a moments notice because of a field c0ck up for two other teams? Don’t get me wrong here I like the double header idea and think it’s one of your better ones, but it's an awful lot to ask at a moments notice just because the all mighty HoS says so. And really, don’t you think if the league were ever to be, as you said “creative enough” to show case the opening of their season they could find a couple better teams than Khalsa vs Trollups? Seriously now, I don’t know what you’re thinking sometimes. They would be better off just having the one game and bring in a country Fair, complete with midgets and pony rides or something before they publicly admitted that is the best the league has to offer.

Also, Foden doesn’t own the Cloverdale turf so no need to ask him, it’s your mates over at the City of Surrey that do, besides don't you need to ask whom-ever has booked it for the night if you can use it? PAU had it Fridays from 7-9 last year so maybe ask Cainy if you can have it. Good news for you though, he’s into midgets and Ponies, but probably for an entirely different reason than he cares to admit.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

Country Fair, ponies, midgets, and Cainy all rolled into one post directed at HOS has made my day :D

TTP should just close down for the day, you can't top that one!

Gold baby, that's gold.

~SenseiposingasKramer.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ref won't play the game @ Sapperton. Khalsa vs Trolips will be called off. We played an exibition game there Tues night (I reffed), we had white and Oympics yellow, and I couldn't see anyone under the shadow of the trees. The ref will have to be 10 yards from the play at all times to see what's going on.

Too bad this has all happened so sudden, if I knew earlier, maybe I would have give Khalsa my prime-time slot at Mercer Turf: 8 - 10 every Thursday night this year. Yep, we had the entire field under those beautiful lights. :p

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are very funny knvb, I still want to run away and join the Circus someday, but I am just not ready to go and play in the Surrey United Organization.

As for the league getting us a pitch, that is what they help do when you get a field closed or in this case double booked, we pay good money in league fees, and the league wants to have all the games played.
As for the teams that should be invloved in a showcase game, I think Khalsa vs. Trollers fits the bill just fine, you have one team that is the merging of two very good North Shore Clubs, and then another team that has all thier players leave to a Div. 1 Club because they are babies and can't take the coach raising his voice to them.

I know that the game can't be at Sapperton because the lights are terrible and has a nice slope to it. I am in for the Double still, I will bring my Red Nose, Floppy Shoes, and funny bike horn.

HOS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sep. 11/12
Metro-Ford Wolves "A"
Surrey United "A"
Mundy Park # 4
Fri/7.30pm

Khalsa SC "A"
Trollers FC "A"
Port Moody Turf Field
Fri/8.00pm

Game is now at the short Turf in Port Moody, nice and close for you hey Regs. I am sure there will be lots coming out to watch, knowing that there is a Country Fair.
St. James Well after the match Reggy? It is on fire.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Doesn't KNVB have one of those?

:D

~Regs.
I do indeed, Regs. Its the cheap version of the medi-lert contraption they sell on TV. "Help, I've done a bike and can't get up..."

HoS said:
You are very funny knvb, I still want to run away and join the Circus someday, but I am just not ready to go and play in the Surrey United Organization.
Well on behalf of the entire Surrey United organization, from the mini’s to the Over 35’s... We thank you! I know how hard it would be to leave such a stable and well run machine like Khalsa... :rolleyes:

I think Khalsa vs. Trollers fits the bill just fine, you have one team that is the merging of two very good North Shore Clubs,
Speaking of which I heard last night from a former Deep Cove guy, turned Surrey United, turned back to Deep Cove that only 5 maybe 6 Trollups from last year remain and the rest of the side is made up of D.C. including the coach. Is that true?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
surrey to hammer the unfit wolves tonite /will the orange cnut plat on be bench boy? :eek:

sid

good luck s.u ;) :knvb:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
surrey to hammer the unfit wolves tonite /will the orange cnut plat on be bench boy? :eek:

sid

good luck s.u ;) :knvb:
will the orange prick play or be bench boy :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just In

Talked to Leitch. 4 CAT and 3 youth players are starting, yes starting, for the Wolves. Apparently in shambles thru a massive argument at training on Thurs.

What the hell is going on?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately as much as I hate to ruin your guys fun you can't blame HOS on any of the goals tonight. The first goal they scored HOS went down to get the ball, and I couldn't tell if it was his defender or an attacker who got a foot to it and made it go up and under the bar (I'm pretty sure it was an own goal). Ugly goal but they all count and I still don't get why your defender fouled the guy when you were closest to the ball HOS and would have got to it. The second goal the Khalsa defence was sleeping and 2 West Van players were open. The got the ball crossed to them but the shot was blocked and it fell nicely to the guy that originally put it into the mixer and he had a wide open net. HOS did come all the way across his goal and almost, key word almost came up with a huge save. Khalsa went down 2-1 after this and went down a man a short bit later but proceeded to tie the game on a nice header off a corner. Then with 1 min left West Van grabs the winner on a breakaway. I still don't get why the Khalsa defender didn't pull the guy down considering he was basically on his back and just let him go in all alone. HOS did you give your guy shite? Therefore as much as you guys bash him I'll defend the poor guy as tonight he couldn't do anything on any of the goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0