Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREDICTIONS for the opening week of the season and relegation

Inter vs Club I : Inter
Sporting vs Serbia : Sporting
Delta vs West Van: West Van
Surrey Fireman vs Westside: Surrey Fireman
MF vs Clanbus: Tie
Croatia vs Norvan: Tie

Serbia will go right back down again. From there display last year against Club I in the promotion game, they have no business being in this league. Going to be a long season. Westside is gonna join them. There is no AFC this year for them to beat.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do 2 teams go down this year?

I can't remember if the league is further reducing this year to 10 or not - anyone?

Agreed on the SWE shout - I think they *may* be hard pressed to get 3 points in any game this year.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do 2 teams go down this year?

I can't remember if the league is further reducing this year to 10 or not - anyone?

Agreed on the SWE shout - I think they *may* be hard pressed to get 3 points in any game this year.

No, the plan is to see how the initial reduction to 12 teams goes. This issue was raised at the organizational meeting for the Premier Division earlier this summer.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 0 - Sporting 1

We should have put away atleast 5 chances in the first half with 3 on them on breakaways but Brum played unreal. Sporting with the games only goal with about 5 mins into the second half. We played well throughout the game and were unlucky not to come away with atleast a point but I guess thats what happens when you dont bury your chances.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are with Serbia now?

Looks like the Serbs could win a game this year, but I made it past the first week in the suicide pool.
Go Norvan and WestVan, I am cheering for the shore.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are with Serbia now?

Looks like the Serbs could win a game this year, but I made it past the first week in the suicide pool.
Go Norvan and WestVan, I am cheering for the shore.

Second year with them now... looking forward to rematch of last seasons promotion game next week against Club I.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now you are talking, Big match vs. Club I.

Looks like the Serbs will be getting their first win of the season vs. Club Richmond nest week.
Come on Mighty Serbia.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slh9iNt7HzM&feature=related]YouTube - Ireland V Serbia 24th May 2008 pre-match antics[/ame]

Nice heed

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice one, HOS.............:confused:

Good to see you a big Serbian supporter.

RCIU will have two BIG signings for next week............

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post scores!

Excellent site shows the "legends" losing 2-0 to Inter tonight. How was the match?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I believe it was 3 - 1 for Inter?

The second half was controlled by Inter apparently due to fitness and overall quickness.........

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, no idea where I got 2 buzz from.

Pretty sure where I got this buzz from though :D

I need to go to bed, hope it doesn't spin!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-1 Inter. RCI were a gritty bunch who played well. Inter had several first half chances which should have been converted. RCI went up 1-0 midway first half.

Inter tied it before the half and took more control in the second half. RCI played hard and will be a handful going forward.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 - Club Ireland 1

Not sure if you guys want me to continue with my match reports like I did last year.

First 5 minutes in, we got a break away - saved by SixtyV (?). After a bit of a shooting gallery in front of the Club I goal including another amazing goal-scoring chance from our striker, Club I brought the ball down the pitch, playing it through to TBell who did well to run at the defense and place a well-time pass on to Jarvie who knocked it passed our keeper. A good counter from Club Ireland, but disappointing for us not to slow their pace.

We pushed on, getting in behind them on many occasions with Morello, Corrazza, Christian, Josh, and Shellie. One run along the right side has a nice little passing play btw Morello and Sheldon who then knocked it in to the middle to the top of the box for me to place a first time shot in the bottom right corner for the equalizer. From that point forward, we had good control of the game, keeping possession and running at them.

Second half had us again control most of the game. 2nd goal came off my foot from the right, as I knocked a cross in from the right onto Corrazza who did well to turn his man and toe it past the keeper.

We carried most of the play in the second until the last 10, where we held back and tried to hold off a late goal from Club I's pressure. Last goal came from our other rookie, Josh, who capitalized on a poor clearance by the backline, striking it behind Sixfv.

Big red in the middle of the pitch did well for them, beating me to many head balls. I liked their 9 who held the ball up well for them at striker, and Jarvie did well running at our defense. Coppin was solid on the ball for them as sweeper.

A great start for us and something for us to build on. I liked Club I - hope they stay up this year. I think they'll get points on many teams this season.

Seds

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, but he sat out a 1 game suspension from last provincial cup game (2 yellows).

I know I am not Seds. ;)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Firemen 1 Westside 1

Decent outing today with both sides battling it out. Thought Surrey had the first half hour as we were in a bit of disarray and the usual Westside 'wait and see what happens' shite. Lensky puts Surrey 1 up after about 15 minutes on some piss poor marking which seemed to wake us up.
Tied it in the second half and thought we were the more likely to grab all points but not to be.
A decent first outing and on to next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0