Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Status
Not open for further replies.

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Knvb or is it Ken Hodgey? Do you get to use two names on this site because you play on 2 teams (CAT and Premier)? Which team are you going to be eligible for come cup time? I'm glad you've got the two handles though, hopefully that brings two personalities. We all unfortunately know what your first one is like.
To stay on topic, I thought Hodgey, er, I mean KNVB was much better in the Cat game than he was in the Premier match. At least he didn't tire after 30 seconds. I always knew Dude was wrong about you; Cnuts are useful. Millar said he'll see you at training.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in Columbus vs Sporting today and noticed Sporting had Carlos Batista in net. He did well considering he probably hasn't played goal in his life. Both Columbus goals were taken well. I'd like to hear JB's take on the game, he blew a tire on the second Columbus Goal ;) Its early on in the season kid you can only improve. Sporting looked to have tied it late on a Steve Dormer header but it was blown offside.

Is Sporting the only team ever to to have three sets of Brothers on one team?

They have a pair at the back... CJ and his brother, The Gomes' in the middle and the Dormers up front. That makes for a good VMSL trivia question.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Animal ........ can you keep your game summary down to less than 4 words???? It makes for tough reading if you use more.

JAGS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ken Hodgey said:
Man I thought he hit nothing but long balls for all these years because he didn't have a very good team around him, now I know it is because he's got no creativity. Probably playing with the most skilled midfield in the vmsl and he still humps the ball over them into touch.

Midfielders are not there for creativity, they are there for winning knock-downs and defending.
Humping is not just for the old lady anymore.

Millar and Foden on HOS's Computer

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you mean 3-2 friend.

Firemen went up three nil at half. then westside pulled two back before a red card was awarded to one of their many youngsters for lippin off the ref with 15 mins left.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:

They have a pair at the back... CJ and his brother, The Gomes' in the middle and the Dormers up front. That makes for a good VMSL trivia question.

The Pokes had three sets back in the day. My brother and I, the Thomas brothers and a couple of black guys named Bryce and "The Chocolate Rocket" or Richie Culzac if you want to be boring about it.

If you count summer you could add animal and kippax I think.

I'll get my coat.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
futbol could you please head back to the Surrey club house? Somehow, and I know it would never happen on purpose, all the beer you took out of the cooler wasn't paid for before you left. Interesting that...eh? I'm sure it was an honest mistake. Who can remember if they payed for 4 pints or not at your age.

BTW, it's not me. I can't be the only one who thinks Millar is a hack...

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Knvb, this is Rick Titus on Demo's computer, get your facts straight man. Millar and Softhead were right......and maybe left. By the way there seem's to be alot of identity theft going on here tonight. Sorry I didn't stick around the change room yesterday but we had already critiqued your performance and there was nothing left to say. C J was right, you are a cnut! :wa:

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machel is indeed correct the score was 3-2. First half pissed all over them, never seen a prem game that one sided before. In the second we made four subs and thought the game was in the bag, they came out gunning and got 2 back. They worked real hard and were able to pounce on our mistakes. Then they got the card and it was game over, we will take the points and move on with lesson learned.

Animal

Just for you JAGS

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, this is my one and only post this year in any of the VMSL threads and I cannot believe it took Softhead of all people to bring me to it :rolleyes:

Probably the biggest windup in TTP history (okay, maybe not). Everything that my good mate :rolleyes: Softhead wrote would be taken to heart if :

a) He was actually at the game !!!!!
b) He wasn't a hairdresser (some things, you just cannot make up) &
c) He has a worst first touch than knvb ;)

If truth be told, the Surrey / AFC match was probably the most fair & evenly contested Premier match I've ever officiated. There were many giveaways (as Coach contested) but at the end of the day, it was a game that was played with good spirit and between two teams that just wanted to play football. I believe the one caution handed out justified this ......

Best of luck to everyone for the upcoming season .....

Cheers, Walks

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
With regards to the Columbus-Clan website (www.columbusclanfc.com) -- it's not working anymore. Has it been moved, abandoned, etc.?

Anyone know? Zenyo?
Unfortunately the Service Provider went belly up without any notice. I will be setting up the site and uploading with a new service provider in a couple of days.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That reminds me Walks, someone turned in a pair of nuts that had been left by where your bag was sitting after the game. It is quite obvious now that you were the one who left them behind...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:

All they need now in Leo Brum to coach and THAT is a dreeeeeam teeeeam!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
futbol said:
Hey Knvb, this is Rick Titus on Demo's computer, get your facts straight man. Millar and Softhead were right......and maybe left. By the way there seem's to be alot of identity theft going on here tonight. Sorry I didn't stick around the change room yesterday but we had already critiqued your performance and there was nothing left to say. C J was right, you are a cnut! :wa:

Hey KNVB, Stephen Burns here on Captain Shamrock's computer. You're a **** and I'm getting paid more than you to play soccer. Ha Ha Ha. Maybe I'm going left or right. C J rocks, dude.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice,

Wickham currently fields three sets of brothers, as well: the Sandall, Butterfield and Nabi brothers.

Jinky,

Speaking of the Thomas brothers, where are they at these days? If you run into them, tell them Saturday soccer has had a resurgence and is now a 1:30 kickoff and includes beer, food and ball juggling late into the evening.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J:

Thomas family now plying their trade for Sapp in o35 premier, along with Hobbs and other assorted former Delaney's riffraff.

saw them yesterday at Adanac but didn't get a chance to talk.

ciao,

trece

Bhudie

Sep 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC houses 4 sets of brothers (i think, I'm not in town, but if I heard proper rumours)

Mandela/Drew Riopell
The Coppin Brothers
The Clarke's
and Diaz and Donnie Brasco, the new additions.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was a team out of Alabama U that sported what they thought were 5 sets of brothers until opening day and mom came to watch. Turns out they were all related and more cousins than sets of brothers.

I've seen sporting celebrate after a goal and they better tone it down or they'll end up with another brother or two on the team. I was wondering why JB always wants to play up front.

Christ posting while ridding a pony pulled by a midget transvestite on KNVB's computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0