Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL rumours and various scuttlebutt

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree that beyond premier, the 2 leagues are equal. Div 1 in FVSL is extremely watered down. That's not to say that there aren't any good teams playing there, but with the league just randomly promoting teams to fill the gaps year after year, how can it possibly be a good standard? VMSL on the other hand are going to have an extremely competitive Div 1 next year with only 10 teams.

If the rumours of Cliff & Olympics merging are true, ghouse you should be looking at investing in the abandoned spot... get your foot in the door so to speak. You don't want to get left behind by Millsy now do ya?

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's more unlikely to have an upset in cup

Put the crystal meth down, cup is 1 game, league is over 20, you do the math. Anyone can gear up for 1 cup game rather than a season, hence why lower teams win big cups like the FA cup in england. Why doesn't the premier league winner always win the FA cup too?? Because smaller teams go all-out against them in earlier rounds and cause upsets.

The FVSL hasn't sent anyone really deep in BC's in quite a long time IIRC said:
UBC got to the final and they beat ACBC in round 1. I watched round 1 and UBC got handed an early dubious penalty and also ACBC missed a sitter. Another day and thats 1-0 to ACBC who were on top and probably would have gone on to win. Then who knows where they would have ended up in that cup.

shite happens and 1 game doesn't mean a thing. Winning week in week out is what counts.

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mikey c 9, you're right anything can happen in a one-off game, but have a look at the archives, all the way back to 1922, FVSL has NEVER won the Cup. You may be right, the FVSL powers may have had a stroke of bad luck in these one-off games the last 88 years. Have the top teams caught the VMSL? I guess time will soon tell.
Djones, you're right. Why is this happening again?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC are a Coast League (read "Summer") team, and have no business in the BC's in the first place...

I never said League, how can the FVSL play "league" games vs VMSL sides?

and I'm the one that needs to put the crystal meth down :rolleyes:

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to be bringing this all up again people, I am new here and haven't gone through the past 88 years of history yet, I'm still on 2009 :)

WHEN/IF they ever play in the same league, and WHEN/IF the VMSL teams spank the FVSL week in week out then they can say they are better, until then, you can't compare them fairly.

After 88 years things can change...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree that beyond premier, the 2 leagues are equal. Div 1 in FVSL is extremely watered down. That's not to say that there aren't any good teams playing there, but with the league just randomly promoting teams to fill the gaps year after year, how can it possibly be a good standard? VMSL on the other hand are going to have an extremely competitive Div 1 next year with only 10 teams.

If the rumours of Cliff & Olympics merging are true, ghouse you should be looking at investing in the abandoned spot... get your foot in the door so to speak. You don't want to get left behind by Millsy now do ya?

Dezza Div 1 VMSL will be weaker this year because all the good div 1 players will be playing Premier..14 Premier teams means alot of recruiting going on and good players moveing to Premier to help clubs fight it out to stay up.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC are a Coast League (read "Summer") team, and have no business in the BC's in the first place...

I never said League, how can the FVSL play "league" games vs VMSL sides?

and I'm the one that needs to put the crystal meth down :rolleyes:

Any team or league paying the A form fees is/are entitled to compete for the
A Provincials...Crazy to say the Oldest league has no right to be involved...
Infact the PCSL is the only league which is set up to actually send a team to the nationals at the right time if it wasnt for them haveing to wait 9 months to compete at a Provincials due to haveing to join a majority which is ass backwards to the Whole Country.

In my opinion the Provincials should be held in September so we actually send the best team at the right time...
So much changes in 6 months and a team playing great and on a roll shouldnt have to wait 6 months to try and pick it up where they left off...

If the Provincials were moved ..even if the Seasons stayed the same..we would be sending the best team at the right time to the Nationals and I bet it would make a huge difference.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IN only the premier division.

My FVSL D2 team has handily beat VMSL Div 1 sides in the past.

berg is right: The top crop of VMSL Prem teams easily handle the best FVSL Prem teams when they play come provicnials etc save the odd blip here and there in the past few years I think PAU or LUFC might have beat a VMSL team in the first rd of the BC's in the past and that's about it... again IIRC...

And are you still stuck in Div. 2 in the FVSL? That's equivalent to division 8 in the VMSL......

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
div.2 - 4 - 6 - 8, who really gives a shite....

real questions, is Mills going to change it from the Sapperton Rovers to the almighty Sapperton Rangers??? :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
div.2 - 4 - 6 - 8, who really gives a shite....

real questions, is Mills going to change it from the Sapperton Rovers to the almighty Sapperton Rangers??? :)

Right now, the most accepted idea to come forward is to stick with team names with regional awareness with the club under the "Rovers" umbrella.
Sapperton Rovers
PoCo Rovers
Burnaby Rovers
Vancouver Rovers
Peace Arch Rovers
Port Moody Rovers
ICSF Rovers
NDU Rovers
Delta Rovers
Richmond FC Rovers
Columbus Rovers
Croatia Rovers
Surrey U Rovers
Pegasus Rovers
West Van Rovers
North Van Rovers
Westside.....:eek:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
26 Game Season for the Premier league (play everyone twice)
League kicks off at a neutral site for all teams (except Serbia - away) during the Labour Day weekend (2 games each team)
Sapperton will be playing a few home games in PoCo

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 2010/11 VMSL Premier division will consist of one group of 14 teams. Hopes are for a season-opening tournament on the Labour Day weekend so that two of the extra four league games could be completed in one weekend for each team...teams would play either Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday...idea is to have one complex host all games over the 4-days with beer garden and concessions/bbq...could be a fantastic way to start the season and provide great exposure for the VMSL...more to follow...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0