Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would you do???

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geu BKs vs ACBC this past friday. Final score is 3-2 BKs. This game was 2-1 for acbc at one point, it was around this time that acbc shot a ball goin towards the top right corner. I was not looking towards the field as this play happened, but from what I hear the ref has been accused of not seeing a goal. Acbc plead that the ball goes in top corner and the ref says no way. The play is called no goal and the game goes on. BKs go on to score 2 and win the game.

Now heres where it gets interesting, Bks coach gets a call from the league saying that acbcs coach contested that it was a goal and the final score was 3-3. The Bks have been approached by league and asked if they would like to go over the ref and call it a 3-3 tie and have a shootout before next game to decide who won as there is no ties in the knights league.

what should the bks do?

Did Maradona use his hand to score? did the world know? Did they change the result and go over the ref after the game?

BKs win 3-2 or tie 3-3 and go to a shootout?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has to stay at 3-2 for the BK's. You can't change a game after the fact as this basically says the ref doesn't even have to be their as we can change the result after anyways. Surprised the league would do this even if it is just summer soccer?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was not looking towards the field as this play happened, but from what I hear the ref has been accused of not seeing a goal. Acbc plead that the ball goes in top corner and the ref says no way. The play is called no goal and the game goes on. BKs go on to score 2 and win the game.

was there no net? was there a hole in the net? :confused:

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Girth, Refs are human. Mistakes are sometime made but thats all part of the game. You take your points and move on...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hole in net

DO they go back in any sport and redo part of the game?

Ghouse should inquire about instant replay in soccer....all of the problems would be cleared-up then...plus I would love him to throw in the red flag to challenge the play:p:D

Summer soccer means nothing...why bother?

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a joke. The game ends 3-2 don't give em the goal. The problem was the ref. Do you know how many times the ref awarded a penalty to a team where even the player that went down admitted he tripped over his own feat and the ref still awarded the shot.

Ghouse I am not sure who phoned the ref but cmon I had a little more respect for you then that. It's summer soccer you win some you lose some and we all know that there have been times where a ref has given games to other teams by some bad calls but hey it's summer soccer, and the fact that the league phoned you and asked you to do this is another joke.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy call. Game stands. Ref sucks. Hopefully he will miss one the other way next time (seems likely)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams that JB of all people would contact the BK's and ask them for thier input! Maybe he is going crazy!

I highly doubt JB himself would reverse a call he got right or wrong after the fact, why do it for another ref in his stable!? and why would he ask a team do reverse!?

Makes no sense to me.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're joking right? Game over. On top of that it's summer league FFS. I can't believe they would even consider it.

Mickey Mouse called, he wants his league back...

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams that JB of all people would contact the BK's and ask them for thier input! Maybe he is going crazy!

I highly doubt JB himself would reverse a call he got right or wrong after the fact, why do it for another ref in his stable!? and why would he ask a team do reverse!?

Makes no sense to me.

JB has nothing to do with this one.

thanks for the imput ......you can close this thread

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB runs the Knights League. He is the Knights League.

If "The League" contacted you, it would have been JB.

President: JB
head ref: JB
Fields allocator: JB
head of discipline: JB

The only thing he doesn't do is his website, which is done by Richard Howes of BC Soccerweb (Sorry Regs) ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody knows :D

I'm serious, I'm told when he ran for FVSL President that they asked him in all seriousness what his name entirely was and he said "JB"

I think it's kind of like Prince, or the artist formerly known as prince... or " O(+> " (the ASCII translantion of the unpronounceable symbol)

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody knows :D

I'm serious, I'm told when he ran for FVSL President that they asked him in all seriousness what his name entirely was and he said "JB"

I think it's kind of like Prince, or the artist formerly known as prince... or " O(+> " (the ASCII translantion of the unpronounceable symbol)

then prince went to a symbol....

lets convince JB to change his name to a soccerball:knvb:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, in talking with him before a game, he said his name was John Brown. Apparently there was also a very good rugby player who played for the BC team back in the day named John Brown and JB got the call to play one day by accident and played a couple games with the BC team until they realized it was the wrong John Brown. And thus JB was born. Beauty, ain't it :D

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He said the same thing about Georgie Best. They were best buds and even played together. GB and JB BFF's.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0