Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps 2012 Season Tickets Renewals

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better yet just wait till you buy them and have them left on your front doorstep all day long. Must really need the money seeing as how we still have not been paid the price adjustment difference for the pink seats. Like you said regs UN-FCUKING-BELIEVABLE

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They will be lucky to get 8000 renewals. I plan to wait and see the prices and the bc place experience. They need someone to give them advice on how to handle their marketing. I do wonder if they are planning to abounds OH signining this week and hope that helps them.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They really have it all wrong.

As far as marketing, one of the lead marketing guys, Ryan McKee, just left to take a position with Essendon FC in Australia, an Aussie Rules Footy team. Great guy, and sad to see him go from the organization, that being said my perception was that these types of people were essentially neutered at VWFC by upper management and they weren't left to make decisions... My words, not his...and tbh I don't know him very well, that's just my perception on things.

There's no way we're renewing our seats until we get into BC place and see what it looks like, how security there treat us and the rest of the supporters, no matter what stripes and how they choose to support the team.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find some of Barbers comments comical.... but this one takes it:

"Most football clubs around the world start their season ticket renewals about two months before the end of the season," he said

1. those teams probably have a waiting list for seasons
2. this is NOT a mad football city, we love our events and our winners.......

Read more: Whitecaps to

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My computer can't open the vancouversun pages for some reason and closes them fast. but I did see that the $319 seats are now $329. If thats the only increase ( $10 more per area) then in all honesty its not that bad. I do agree that asking people to re new before we even get a glimpse of what its like at BC Place is absurd, but if you're shelling out almost $800 for two seats and $10 more a seat is going to break your bank then you have other things that need to be put in priority over the tickets.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not about breaking the bank. It's the perception. Much like everything they have done from day one, the perception has been shite, and the execution even worse!!!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys guys guys...Bobaduzzi is going on vacay to Turks and Caicos and the team needs to cover the costs! Just pony up and bow down to Lenny Bobaduzzi! Not a big deal, sheesh...:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
cascadesoccer: If ticket prices were dropping $10 per area, it's still too soon to be pressuring clients into renewal...
1. The team has been shite
2. The away ticketing has been a shambles
3. The treatment of fans of all varieties by PNE Security has been shambolic at best
4. There's no rhyme or reason to anything they do about what is and isn't allowed into the park for our more colourful and loud supporters
5. The startup woes with ticket packages, ticket pickups, willcall hiccups, etc

the whole thing has been a mess...

I'm not sure I'm even renewing my tickets and a price increase isn't going to help me decide in their favor either... and I know I'm not alone in these thoughts. They're currently not at sellout capacity for any games unless Landycakes and Goldenballs are coming to town, there's a pattern developing of big name stars in the league skipping games in Van, on our surface, like Bex, Henry, etc...

Any consumer needs value for money, and this whole exercise is about perception of value. Something's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and they're not at capacity now... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a price increase is not the way (as insignificant an increase as it truly is...) to increase capacity, which then turns into spinoff revenue like more eyes on advertising the Caps sell, more cut of parking and concessions revenue, more people to potentially buy merchandise etc.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The renewal is only arriving now, you have until Dec 1st to decide. So you do get a chance to see your new seats.
Lucky for me I am not a Southsider to I have never had any issues with security, have enjoyed some great games and some poor ones to be honest, have thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere at Empire (not the ride) and plan on renewing with a probable upgrade to my seats. Sorry lads I know I am usually a lot more dour and bitter but I have enjoyed the season so far.

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN

If you and your Southsider pals don't renew who will sing the same song over and over again ad nausium??

We're Blue
We're White
Something, something, something.....

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys guys guys...Bobaduzzi is going on vacay to Turks and Caicos and the team needs to cover the costs! Just pony up and bow down to Lenny Bobaduzzi! Not a big deal, sheesh...:rolleyes:

Awww! Turks and Caicos!

Almost emigrated there as a kid. My father was offered a job there and we were suppose to fly to school in Florida. Some reason, it didn't happen.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone receive an email with their invoice for renewal?

I swear they said on the 18th but I've gotten squat - why am I surprised? :rolleyes:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone receive an email with their invoice for renewal?

I swear they said on the 18th but I've gotten squat - why am I surprised? :rolleyes:

I received a few last week... the last as a correction. Latest payment date is Dec. 1st I believe.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, my bad I guess as I did get an email title invoice with instructions to login on ticket master to view my invoice... but to login, first I need to click on the "forgot password" link

I never saw a price in the email which is why I thought they cokced it up again.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't bother with the original email that was cokced up... I haven't logged in yet but here are some details...

The email sent to you this morning contained a typo regarding the payment dates. The final 2012 season ticket payment is due in February 2012.

To confirm, the payment options for 2012 renewals are as follows:

Season Ticket 30% Payment Now
(30% due upon renewal; 30% due December 1, 2011; 40% due February 15, 2012)

Season Ticket 30% Payment Starting October 10, 2011
(30% due October 10, 2011; 30% due December 1, 2011; 40% due February 15, 2012)

Season Ticket Full Payment Now

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone been in contact with Whitecaps regarding upgrading season tickets? Was told in October the system will open up December 1st giving priority to those who have renewed earliest for chances at better seats - was hoping to move to the other side of the stadium, as my seat locations were reversed from Empire to BC Place.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the deadline is tomorrow.

In the last 18 months or so, I've had 1 direct email from a Caps employee contact me and that was after a couple of requests to sort out the final payment and give me a PDF receipt.

Thus, the beautiful people section is now better looking for it.

I'm not renewing and won't contact them to say why.

~Titfortat.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0