Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps 2012 Season Tickets Renewals

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Less than 2,500 tickets remain for season opener against Montreal Impact | Vancouver Whitecaps FCSounds like the season ticket renewal was brutal. 13,000 tickets sold total? Not really shocking, but pretty disappointing. I hope with some wins they can win fans back, but that's much harder than convincing them the first time.

Also hate hearing this "2500" tickets remaining... I'm guessing they are capping the # of seats in the lower bowl, but they rarely announce the actual sellout capacity, easy to announce as many or few remaining as they want if they can change the capacity every game.

13,000 isn't really that bad when you really look at it. 15,000 st were sold last year and with a last place team you were bound to lose some of the casual fans like Regs and JBN who are new to the sport and didn't know what they were buying, plus you probably didn't get any of the scalpers to renew given that they took a bath last year. Add to the fact people are expecting to walk up and buy tickets for less than $10 off the scalpers like they did last year but find out those tickets are not going to be available. They will need to either buy single ticket or consider season tickets the following year. 13,000 is a pretty good base to grow on and those tickets should be pretty solid as people already had a year of disappointment result wise and decided to renew anyways. The team looks better this year and winning always help to sell tickets. What I would like to see them do is get on selling package deals sooner rather than later. I bet they could sell a lot of 5 game package deals to bring the numbers up. Looking forward to Saturday and I expect about 22.000 will be the sell out. Not too shabby I think.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You rang, darling?

I'm certainly not trying to become the local apologist for the Southsiders (as much like JohnnyBlueNose I'm honestly growing increasingly distant from them), but what you wrote above is asinine.

Since when it is a requirement for someone passionate about a spectator sport to have played the game? How many BC Lions drunks do you think actually played throwball? And how many people at the Rogers Library have ever played ice hockey?

And yet, you reserve scorn for people in "your" sport. Small pond syndrome, much, Billy RecHead?

I'll bet you $100 that the percentage of Southsiders who have played soccer is higher than randoms at Lions or Canucks matches who have played those sports.

Perhaps if half of you lot didn't serve every weekend as stationary pylons for former Whitecaps cast-offs, you'd be singing a different tune?

And as for "Passion. LOL." ... can you name anything in this city's bleak sporting landscape with more energy than the Southsiders? A half-dozen WAGs at a Division 2 Cup match doesn't quite cut it, sadly.

It must be very difficult for you...

Outsider.jpg

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the capacity for Caps games this year?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm new to all of this.

:D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
:rolleyes: I think they are going back to the original numbers they set before last year. 15,000 for season tickets and either 20 or 22 thousand will be a sell out for the game. Of course as demand dictates they will open up extra seat in the lower bowl until it is full. I believe the lower bowl holds around 27 thousand.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to ask. Dezza is Viji's that bad? I love Viji's. It's my favourite restaurant but I don't see it as stadium food. I contemplated walking around to get some last year but a beer stand always got in my way.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to ask. Dezza is Viji's that bad? I love Viji's. It's my favourite restaurant but I don't see it as stadium food. I contemplated walking around to get some last year but a beer stand always got in my way.

I only tried one dish, and for stadium food it's not that bad. There are 3 options and all appear to be done in big batches and then served out to the customers. Not exactly made fresh to order so I certainly wouldn't compare it to the real restaurant.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you say Vikram will not be handing out samples while I wait for my seat? If they removed the beer stands that have been in my way I will have to give it a try.

Thanks

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just bought in on a 25% share on seasons tickets.

Looking forward to it and C'Mon you Caps!

(Loving the Scottish flair as well this year - Och Aye) :beer:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lurch by Scottish flair this year he means there will be drinking, cussing and head butts in the stands 25% of the time. RF have you got your Barry Robson Celtic jersey ready for the summer?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just bought in on a 25% share on seasons tickets.

Looking forward to it and C'Mon you Caps!

(Loving the Scottish flair as well this year - Och Aye) :beer:
That's funny stuff!a scots man not buying the full package,1/4 share,lol,the difference between a scot and a coconut?
You will get a drink outta a coconut
Scottish have a new use for sheep....wool

McSid

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our whole team is going down for the Season Opener tomorrow, anyone recommend good bars/pubs for pre-drinks around 1:30 where most caps fans will be before and after the game?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our whole team is going down for the Season Opener tomorrow, anyone recommend good bars/pubs for pre-drinks around 1:30 where most caps fans will be before and after the game?
Southsiders go to Doolans (sp?) Oscars got packed near Empire but it is a good time to do the southsider march and listen to the singing, I had a great time.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0