Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps FC to MLS? Nash on board?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great stuff!

I don't think anything concrete will be announced today/tomorrow though... They are more likely to do so whenever the MLS Cup takes place - Isn't that the league's usual MO when it comes to expansion?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great stuff!

I don't think anything concrete will be announced today/tomorrow though... They are more likely to do so whenever the MLS Cup takes place - Isn't that the league's usual MO when it comes to expansion?

Yeah, in the paper they said any expansion would be announced during MLS Cup. Still looks promising for us though.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just announced on the TEAM 1040.

The MLS has said it IS expanding two more teams for the 2011 season

and...

The Caps have called a presser for tomorrow

Bobaduzzi is supposed to be on the TEAM 1040 with Pratt and Donkey this hour

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would he shoot his mouth off today?

No Media would show to up a presser if the cat is let out of the bag today.

With the Caps luck, I bet anything tomorrow is just the Caps holding a presser to announce that Steve Nash is on board in ownership now, and that they have made a formal application to the MLS, and maybe show some artist's renderings of a new/improved BC Place Stadium.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be fantactic if there is any trouth to that. Steve Nash is a very good person and also a good abasador for soccer and basketball. Victoria could have A league club with grate support and Vancouver could have MLS and a new place to play in.Wao just a idea. Now we just have to work on Kelowna getting a A league club. And here we go.Soccer in BC would be born again. Stalion good post. Now tell me would the Legend still have his job as a General Manager if Steve Nash came in. I dout it. I think Nash would go to Ingland to bring a new builder.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nash pretty much trumped Lennard during the game on CBC (not LIVE for us here in Vancouver for whatever reason) saying that he is a part of the ownership group :D

Game on CBC starts in 5 minutes, check it out... it's a good game!

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Nash on board and an ownership group that includes Kerfoot that will be great as the money won't be an issue and maybe in a few years we can see some really good talent playing here in Vancouver. The only drawback would be playing at BC Place if the waterfront stadium never happens. BC Place is a crap stadium roof or no roof.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is a no brainer...It will happen soon. I agree with Mr. X. Who wants to watch a game in a dinosaur stadium like B.C. Place?? It wouldn't draw even the diehards to the matches...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Nash has the influence to get something going in regards to the Waterfront Stadium. Who in Vancouver doesn't love him? He'll make it happen.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Place will work for the fans as long as they know something is in the pipeline.

Even w/ renos, it is way too big, and it is field turf.

Ideally you see a Waterfront deal get done in the next 12 months (whatever), then building up 2-3 years after that.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stalion i agree 100% with you on Nash. He has got the bucks and know how.
There is alo a big push from ST Louis, Atlant, Los Vegas, and Ney York and Montreal.
Montreal will be first to get in.They have the place to play in. St Luie is strong second contender and we fall third. Stadium is a big factor. BC Place is huge for a start. Portland want in bad. It will be tough for us to get in. Maybe with Nashes help maybe.
That would be fantastic. I truly hope we get in. I see Victoria getting an A league club as a thank to nash.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Massive presser to say they are making a formal application.

Second worst kept secret ever, behind only A-Rod tapping Madonna.

That stated, the MLS has to be absolutely NUTS not to grant membership to a group that has not only the rich history for the game here, but the stable ownership, public support, and due diligence complete that the Whitecaps have in place. All the ducks are lined up. This is about the safest bet the MLS can have.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Massive presser to say they are making a formal application.

Second worst kept secret ever, behind only A-Rod tapping Madonna.

That stated, the MLS has to be absolutely NUTS not to grant membership to a group that has not only the rich history for the game here, but the stable ownership, public support, and due diligence complete that the Whitecaps have in place. All the ducks are lined up. This is about the safest bet the MLS can have.

Especialyl when they'll be getting $40M for a franchise fee. Wow.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0