Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps host TFC, tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In one of the most anticipated matches of the season, the Whitecaps host MLS club Toronto FC on Wednesday, July 9th at 7:00 p.m. It is sure to be a spirited affair, as the 'Caps went in to Toronto on Canada Day and came away with a 1-0 victory. For the rematch, the Whitecaps are looking to transform Swangard Stadium into a sea of blue to welcome (or unwelcome!) the Toronto club. The men will be wearing their away blue kit for the match and are encouraging all fans attending the match to do the same by wearing the colour blue. Blue Whitecaps rally cards will be given out to every fan in attendance and the merchandise booth will feature special $10 blue Whitecaps t-shirts.

If you haven't purchased tickets for this match, we have a special offer for Caps Insiders. Silver seats, regularly priced at $24, are available to you for only $20. Call 604.669.WAVE (9283) to purchase.

Sincerely,

Your whitecapsfc.com team

Should be a fun night...I know that Wolfgang and I are going, I'd imagine Italian Stallion will be along too...and KJohnsob if the mighty Nomads lose to the Kids in the LSSL...

I can't remember the last time I saw the Caps in the Blue tops at swangard.

Who is all going?
Predictions?
I'm going with 2-1 Caps. (Richards for TO and JJ for Vancouver and Gbeke for Vancouver)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-0 TO. They were embarrassed last week even though they were very unlucky I thought to not get the win.

I don't mean to imply the Caps were shite but from what I saw, well, I just don't think they have much of a chance if TO plays with passion straight from the get-go.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately I have to sit this one out, figures the 2 games I have to miss this year are the CONCACAF Champions League.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What!?!?!?! I thought for sure sometime inside the next three hours you were going to call me to see if you and Scotty could hitch a ride...

We'll have to do without you and your Bud Lights at the tailgate ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What!?!?!?! I thought for sure sometime inside the next three hours you were going to call me to see if you and Scotty could hitch a ride...

We'll have to do without you and your Bud Lights at the tailgate ;)

I switched to Coors Light I'll have you know. Still keeping the summer beer weight off :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you really done any scientific study to see what the benefit is?

More Light beers to get equally drunk < Less good beers with nominally more calories to get drunk

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Proof? Results? ;)

I did a quick google

12 oz, 336g

Coors light, typical bottle...4.2% ABV = 102 Calories (14.112 g of alcohol)
Bud, typical bottle...5.0% ABV = 145 Calories (16.8 g of alcohol)...

say you have 8 beers...(typical pre-game consumption on average no? :D)
...14.112 g x 8 =112.896 grams of alcohol and 816 calories
to get to 112.896 grams of alcohol one needs to consume 6.72 bottles of Bud...
6.72 bottles x 145 calories per = 974.4 calories.. more than 150 calories more in 6.72 bottles than 8 lights...

but the big one is the Carbs...5 g of Carbs in Coors light vs 10+g in Bud...

I'm switching to Coors/Bud Light too!!! :eek:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game...a lot of fun...

Crappy job by the Organization though...They could have easily got another $25-40 out of me had they put some portoloos in and didn't have me tied up in Half Hour piss line ups...

I think that was the first Caps game I ever attended where I didn't spend a nickle inside the fences because I simply didn't have time...it was either piss my pants or get a beer and a dog...

How do they not anticipate this!? They sell the tix, would you not plan for a sellout? And then ensure the appropriate facilities are in place to service the load of folks that came out for the game...

JJ is past it...Sebrango still doesn't get half the goals he could have
Kindel is out his depth in the middle of the Park...
Hirano is overrated...

And the Caps still haven't lost to a pretty good TO team including some pretty good players...

Well Done Caps. And it was great entertainment

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best atmossphere at a Caps game in a long time.

Devon did well as the choir leader. I was shocked at the number of TFC fans in attendance, clearly Maple Leaf ex pats.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN,

I agree. The organization was sub par. Many of the workers seemed stressed and over there head.

Getting a beer took at least 20-30 minutes. As the game was starting, there was a line up of hundreds, and they had two kegs going, one of them barely working. The guy stops and tries to fix it.

Two people with two kegs. One punching in orders and taking payment, the other pouring. Both flustered and not enjoying it.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

They could have made 10 times the money if it was organized well.
It bugged me to see the waist of profit someone could have been making.
The Caps should capitalize fully on these nights. It would only help.

Unless... they were slowly pouring on purpose to regulate. But I don't have a problem at G.M. place.

The atmosphere at the game was great though, once I sat down after getting my two pre and halftime bevies.

But it did ruin the experience of the game. As I missed many minutes waiting in pointless lines. Watching one person pour for the whole stadium.

One person pouring, six thousand plus people.

I thought I got caught understaffed some nights.

LION

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The City of Burnaby staff should have at least had 3 or 4 workers standing and watching the others fix the keg and pour the beer, what were they thinking, off to the union.

Dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0