Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, the coach was fired, Dunfield traded to Toronto, quite a few players released, draft #1 looks like an average player in U-18 Metro/Selects league in BC, obviously the team was quite poorly selected. Who is really responsible for such a poor start?

The same guy who got us Hassli, Chiumiento, and Rochat.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
funny, someone from the Caps hinted yesterday a trade was coming... I almost said "where is Dunfield going" but I thought it would have been a tad too flippant... guess not...

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Lenarduzzi gone to?

Dufields name is gone from wiki with Lenarduzzi

I recall his name being on the page before with the president title....

wtf?

Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No I heard him on the Team discussing the trade about an hour and a half ago. He mentioned the futures in the deal from TFC have been decided so expect a player heading this way at some point.

Good decision to move Dunfield, his play had gotten worse and worse and I think the pressure of playing here was too much for him as he is limited in his ability on the pitch.
I am interested in seeing who they bring in when the window opens tomorrow, so far though not boring!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps Paul Scholes finished his career at United to start a new one here and Kaka won't be retruning to madrid so theres an option or maybe just maybe we won the bid for Neymar or Tevez. After all I can't be wrong, its just a rumour:rolleyes:

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great day for the Whitecaps. Rumour (and apparently it can't be wrong) has it that Keven Aleman is the player coming back from TFC as future considerations. If so, we literally robbed them. Here is a sneak preview. Has more skill in his left toe than TD's whole body

Last edited by a moderator:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great day for the Whitecaps. Rumour (and apparently it can't be wrong) has it that Keven Aleman is the player coming back from TFC as future considerations. If so, we literally robbed them. Here is a sneak preview. Has more skill in his left toe than TD's whole body

‪Keven Aleman Beautiful Goal‬‏ - YouTube

I don't really understand how TFC can send him to us... he had a falling out with them back in June when he refused to sign a "letter of commitment" to be in their academy. He's been without a club for the last month.

Maybe TFC still hold his rights in MLS? I don't really know how the rules work...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't really understand how TFC can send him to us... he had a falling out with them back in June when he refused to sign a "letter of commitment" to be in their academy. He's been without a club for the last month.

Maybe TFC still hold his rights in MLS? I don't really know how the rules work...

Either way, if we get nothing in return, we will be a better team.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't really understand how TFC can send him to us... he had a falling out with them back in June when he refused to sign a "letter of commitment" to be in their academy. He's been without a club for the last month.Maybe TFC still hold his rights in MLS? I don't really know how the rules work...
Yep, that is the deal. Bizarre MLS rules and I don't really understand them either but the players rights are still owned by the team unless he moves to another league (e.g. Europe) or his rights traded to an MLS squad. Minimal risk for TFC since he was released anyway but great for us!@24thminute on Twitter seems to think it's a done deal. And yes Captain, you are right.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh if he does that against MLS opposition then sure he looks good. Remember Dunfield captained Man City's youth team and we all saw how that turned out. Look how happy some were for Harmse and look where he ended up.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep, fair enough. He is still just a prospect. Looks like a good one though with the kind of offensive flair I don't think Dunfield or Harmse had in their prime, let alone at 16. Hopefully he pans out and we can look back and laugh at the day we traded TD for a future star and allocation money.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have liked if Whitecaps would change the name and let Terry stay here. That does not say much for Canadians soccer, good thing there is only few gammes left to watch main coaches here. I hope they gets the ticket to Alaska. I heard that's where the next MLS side is comming from.
Terry was always a good maple leaf guy. All the best to him. I saw two kids in Natins cup in Richmond that actualy have some skill more than many on Caps Club, Caps could use both.
At least it will be fun watching Manchester City.I heard Salgoto is going there soon.We might win a game yet.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps make it official.

Wagner and Akloul gone.

I don't like the Akloul move, but I'm happy that plonker Wagner is gone.

So that's 2 additional roster spots... I wonder who's incoming.

there's been more banter about Hargreaves and some banter about Patrice Bernier... :(

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza, I'm not sure about the guaranteed vs non-guaranteed, but I do know they're released too late, and thus their salaries count full towards to the cap, thus you can only explain their release through two reasons:
1) They need the roster spots more than the cap lack of space which could suggest a DP signing and other signing as they've cut two players you'd assume they're signing two...
2) They've just gone "full retard"

History has shown that they've gone Simple Jack, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0